chayes12

PD Challenge Swoop Comp – Cross Keys Invasion

The challenge has been issued. The dates are set.
The first Swoop competition for 2007 has been scheduled.

It will take place during the X-Keys Invasion Boogie in Sebastian Florida

X-Keys Invasion December 28 – January 10

The PD Challenge January 1-6

There will be canopy piloting events for the week of January 1-6

January 1-3 Swoop skills camps
with Performance Designs Factory Team coaches
You can get coaching for one day or all three
Cost will be $100 registration per day plus your jumps. There is no set amount of jumps for the day
Hop and pop prices to be determined
Essential skills camps with Jimmy Tranter will also be available

January 4 Intermediate competition
to be held at Skydive Sebastian
6 jumps, 2 speed, 2 distance, 2 zone accuracy 10’ gates IPC weight restriction rules
Cost will be $100 registration plus your jumps

Women’s class (They had a female category in Europe at the Lake Bussloo Beach Swoop Festival 2 months ago in Holland with Henny Wiggers. Kaz Sheeky won)
Everyone will compete against each other for overall with the top three women receiving cash prizes
Prize purse to be announced at a later date
(You won’t be disappointed with the cash purse for this event)

The PD Challenge
Here we go!
January 5-6

Pro Competition to be held on the beach at Sebastian Beach Inn, Sebastian Florida
Registration costs and more event info regarding what rounds and how many, will be posted soon. Please be patient and book your days off and travel stuff.
Practice jumps on the beach will be available on Thursday Jan 4
Accommodation will be available at Best Western at special Skydiver rates. ($80-90 per night, per room. This is a newly remodeled Best Western)

There will be a substantial prize purse for this event and will pay top 10.

*Pre registration will be required for these events and will be available soon online at www.skydivecrosskeys.com. I will post details here as soon as possible
Please be patient.

Well I just found a reason to stay home for New Years! Now I have to sort out how to tell the family visiting from NJ for Christmas that I am working while they are here so I can take the following week off B|

Let the girls list begin......

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

is the intermediate comp in sebastian open to even those of us that have not competed in a comp yet, i dont mind coming in dead last i would like to actually get in a real comp before the cpc starts next year

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

Sounds great Chris! You mention a cash purse for the women but what about the Pro comp? Im guessing that there is a purse.

There will be an itermediate competition on Thursday January 4 at the DZ. It will consist of 6 rounds of speed, distance and accuracy with 10 ft gates and IPC weight restrictions. There will be cash and prizes for the top three overall finishers and for the top three female finishers.

The Pro comp on the beach will have a larger cash purse yet to be determined (it will be respectable) distributed among the top ten finishers.
It will also use IPC weight restriction rules.
The events that will be done at the beach will be announced soon.

is the intermediate comp in sebastian open to even those of us that have not competed in a comp yet, i dont mind coming in dead last i would like to actually get in a real comp before the cpc starts next year

Yes, this comp is directly geared to those of you who have never competed before. This is a perfect opportunity for you guys... and gals who have been watching and waiting to come out and shows us your stuff and unleash your fury on the sport of Swooping.

There will be alot of Pro pilots there and some fun stuff for all.

The skills camps with Performance Designs Factory coaches that will be available all week prior to the Intermediate comp, are a great option for you to get some coaching before you compete and don't forget the Essential skills camps with Jimmy T that will be available also.

If you are at all interested in flying parachutes, this will definately be the place to be for the week of January 1-6

I have competed at many many competitions put together by Chris hayes and the PD Boys and they are top noch!!

I cant wait and look forward to it!

Chris will there be some sort of PD swoop tour next year ? ie more events than just this one! sort of a new Pst (PD swoop Tour)

Chris will there be some sort of PD swoop tour next year ? ie more events than just this one! sort of a new Pst (PD swoop Tour)

Hey Paul

This is the only event we are working on right now. It should be a good one.

I did however just come back from Belgium and the European tour for 2007 looks like it's shaping up nicely. They are working on their schedule right now so we should look for that to come out as soon as they are ready with it.
You should really try to make some of the European events next year Paul.