WeakMindedFool

Fun with my Katana!!!

I've been jumping my Katana 107 at 1.8 for about an year now and haven't had any problems. I was demoing one for a few months before that and the openings were a little anxiety provoking on the 120 but the 107 was fine. I had one cutaway on the 120 due to line twists that spun up.
video here (lost the helmet on that one- reserve riser strike. on the video there's a jet taking off after I cut- pretty cool)
http://www.docmed.ucla.edu/emres/V/Eject.wmv
Nothing on the 107 with careful packing. Smooth, on heading and predictable. I've had more problems with nut under malfunctions than line overs...

Clicky...

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

it looks mad low.

Want mad low??????

Check this out. 900' by the time I saw white.

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2417

Yeah.......that was a good day....:S

Edit to add: This event was a good awakening. Not only did I review my breakoff and deploy alititudes, now dumping at 4K, but I also bumped up my flatline harddeck audible to 2K. I was amazed how fast that shit happens when shit happens. The extra 3-4 seconds of freefall aint worth shit if you've got problems.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Edit to add: This event was a good awakening. Not only did I review my breakoff and deploy alititudes, now dumping at 4K, but I also bumped up my flatline harddeck audible to 2K. I was amazed how fast that shit happens when shit happens. The extra 3-4 seconds of freefall aint worth shit if you've got problems.

Good call Brad ... that extra 3-4 second of freefall aren't worth it when the shit hits the fan. Plus if/when you start flying a cross-braced canopy on regular skydives, you'll notice that the margin for error is even smaller. I love flying cross-braced canopies, but freefall is so much easier with larger traditional 7/9 cell canopies than it is with cross-braced canopies..

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hey, I was on that load and landed with your freebag! I knew the chick who picked us up was named Lisa, but I didn't know it was that Lisa. Cool, I know some real life DZ.comers!

More about my trip to Davis to come in another thread...

Canuck

Yeah...but as soon as you're out you find out about the second mal (In my case a friction knot with the slider hung up). I go that shit cleared...above...ground level. I didn't actually shit in my pants, just almost;)
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

No no...I got it bra. No I was talking about another line twist episode I had awhile back. Slider was in the line twists and when I kicked out...it stayed up there for a bit, quite a bit it seemed like. Pumping the breaks and feeling something give the the slide dropped. It was cool, I was happy...I was also lower then I like to be.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Oh no- I wasnt being critical. I have 250 jumps on a Diablo 170- loaded at 1.3:1.. and that canopy out turns high performance wings two sizes smaller. I had to chop mine at 1.3 with linetwists that where spinning.

Diablos are an animal when they take off.. no questions asked..