cobaltdan

Stock Colors for Canopies

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that our ONYX 36 cell canopy is fully tested and ready for production. Flight characteristics are unmatched imo and the openings are distinctly 2 stage and beautiful !

The ONYX is the most complex skydiving canopy ever produced. 36 separate panels alone on the top skin. To keep prices down and delivery times quick we are going to build stock in a few set color patterns. (customs will still be available but at a higher price and lead time).

I would like to request opinions for ONYX color schemes for us to build as stock. This has been the source of much debate at Atair and I thought I would just let the swoopa stars settle it.

available sizes will be 65, 75, 85, 95, 105, 115

our <><> design will be on both top and bottom skins and larger than the cobalts (looks incredible !).

http://extremefly.com/aerodynamics/ordering/onyx-order-form.pdf

keep color suggestions simple, i.e. topskin/bottom skin one color, all ribs one color, all cross braces one color, diamonds a contrasting color....?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dan Preston
Atair Aerodynamics
www.extremefly.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

No swooper for sure, but I've always been partial to a white canopy with purple ribs/crossbraces/accents.

2nd choice, white canopy with blue, yellow or black ribs/crossbraces,accents etc.

3rd choice: yellow or red canopy with black ribs/crossbraces,accents.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Well you can't lose with neutrals...

White skins and ribs with black diamonds, crossbraces and stabilizers.

Silver skins and ribs with black diamonds, crossbraces and stabilizers.

Silver top skin with black diamonds, silver ribs with black crossbraces, White bottom skin with silver diamonds.

Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Asking skydivers to choose their favourite colors is like asking children to choose their favourite sweets - there will be many different suggestion, and some will be disgusting! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the suggestions put forward here just for the cringe factor :-)

All I would suggest is that you go for something which will set it aside from the other canopies in its class. A different color scheme, dominated by colors not commonly used.

My suggestion would be white top skin and bottom skin, with orange (flame?) diamonds, stabilisers, ribs and cross bracing. Kinda like a sandwich of orange between white top and bottom skins.

Whatever it takes to look different and distinctive (but still cool).

Now...what's my prize? A free canopy?

"forrest green" LOL

I am leaning towards:

#1: white top/bottom, red diamonds & ribs, blue X-braces

2#-white top/bottom, blue diamonds/ribs/xbraces

3#-turq top/bottom, blackberry X & diamonds, white ribs (my favorite)

4#-blackberry top/bottom, green diamonds & x, white ribs

????

one of the nicest color schemes i have seen in the air was an onyx we made in fuscia top/bottom with navy diamonds and X braces...but unfortunately i think people have block against pinkish colors...

sincerely,

dan<><>
atair
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

one of the nicest color schemes i have seen in the air was an onyx we made in fuscia top/bottom with navy diamonds and X braces...but unfortunately i think people have block against pinkish colors...

Butts would jump that, it would almost match the pink on his DaKine rags suit.:D

As a side note, i am all for white and blue maybe even black. Think about moffett's canopy and replace orange with royal blue.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

The best looking Cobalt I have seen (and also coincidentally own...lol) is a white top/bottom skin/blue ribs and black diamond.

I say: All White, with blue ribs/xbrace and black diamonds.

Or just all white, with blue ribs/xbrace/and diamonds.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

The best looking Cobalt made is mine. So it would only be right to model the Onyx after it.:P

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

The best looking Cobalt I have seen (and also coincidentally own...lol) is a white top/bottom skin/blue ribs and black diamond.

I say: All White, with blue ribs/xbrace and black diamonds.

Or just all white, with blue ribs/xbrace/and diamonds.

Heh, my new canopy is a white top skin and royal blue ribs and bottom skin with white stabs. I can't wait until it gets here! Only a week or so left!

Scott
I read somewhere to learn is to remember and I've learned we all forgot

I think it should have neon green in it ;-)

Actually something that shows off the cross bracing is probably best achieved with the light cor skins and dark bracing and diamonds.

white and blue sounds good.

ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Dan
I always thought the standard Cobalt colors were White, Royal Blue, and Black. I know it wasn't official, but those were the color I saw most of the time in ads and pictures. White Panels, Royal Blue Diamonds, Black Ribs. I dont know how black cross-braces would look. Its not something I will own soon, so whatever works.

White doesn't look good too long in our state. I also associate it with Icarus.

I think the stock colors should be bright and distinctive. A couple of thoughts....

Lime top and bottom. Royal Diamonds. Black Ribs.

Royal top and bottom. Fushia Ribs. White Diamonds. (This one will look kind of purpley)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Very simple: Orange top and bottom, Navy or Royal Blue braces and diamonds. Where have I seen that before? I am now personally fond of a single racing stripe on one side and everything else a solid color. I am also really fond of dark bracing on lighter canopies. I think that looks really good on the Team Extreme canopies. At any rate, contrasting braces are almost a must in my opinion. On stock canopies, I would steer clear of gawdy colors like Lime green or pink. Eric's old 120 looked OK with just the ribs and diamonds green, but Ramon's canopy is simply rude.:P

Chuck

Me and Bryan's new ones are white with orange ribs (inlcuding orange wingtip), black cross bracing, and big black diamonds.

It is pretty aggressive looking.
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

I like choice #1.

Damn! I was hoping whoever designed it would get a coupon;)

I think if you went silver instead of white though the colors would look better longer.

Silver top and bottom skin, blue diamonds and ribs, red stabalizers (just to be different and give myself a chance).