fool

favorite sounding canopy?

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of the sound of some canopies. The DZO at our dropzone has a Samurai 120, and I personally think it's one of the coolest sounds ever. It literally screams. I've also seen video where a guy swooped a camera, and it sounded like a fricken airplane. I'm not sure what that one was, but it was really cool. Let's hear it. B|

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I wonder what the cobalt 25 sounds like....according to my calculations he'll be loading it at 7.44!!! I might be a bit off, but WOW! that's kind of insane.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Well maybe you guys can tell the difference, but they all sound the same to me. On our DZ we have two Choas 21 in the 108 size and a velocity90 as well as a couple of small stiletto's and they all sound about the same to me, which is whistling and very cool.B|

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of the sound of some canopies. The DZO at our dropzone has a Samurai 120, and I personally think it's one of the coolest sounds ever. It literally screams. I've also seen video where a guy swooped a camera, and it sounded like a fricken airplane. I'm not sure what that one was, but it was really cool. Let's hear it. B|

Any canapie that makes a sound when you release...is better then that which you pull....silence...silence...pull...silence silence.....!!!!! Dont you agree????

given the choice, yes you are right, but...There are some parachutes that go above and beyond the "If it wasn't for me you'd be dead." sound, and move into the "If it wasn't for me you'd be dead, and if you're not careful, I might change my mind about saving your sorry ass." sound. :)

S.E.X. party #1

I see, I'll keep that in mind when looking for a good PC.
Since I'm low on money I'm trying to set up my prioritys on buying my own gear.
I figure the altimeter is the first thing I want need to be good in the dark, or easily visiable by a glowstick...( I wanna go for my D ) preferably attacked to Jump Track or another softwear since I already have the program that I have as a BACKUP!!!....
I can use rented gear but I wanna look good in vid to show off the the wuffo's . So the JS has to look good and be well rounded since I do not have a specific type of flight I'm interested in yet. I'm looking to go for Either Video or Freefly ...perhaps both...I dont know much about wing yet.
And next I would guess would be a rig with aad....then the main and reserve.
If I'm missing anythign let me know...and If I should change my prioritys please let me know. I can barely afford the training right now let alone buying my own gear...it would almost be a piece at a time.

Priorities are way off... and this really should be in ST or G&R fourm...

Get the training, then get the alti used (don't worry about the D... your 500 jumps from that at this point), get a used jumpsuit or coveralls (Who cares what you look like on video? Not many jumps will be on video anyways). A rig is important and make sure the canopies are LARGE.

JumpTrack only works with a ProTrack and at $280 I think you can skip it for a while.

Finish your training then look for stuff. You can't use your own in training at most places so no need to jump the gun.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I wanna look good in vid to show off the the wuffo's

and then

If I should change my prioritys please let me know.

This should be the last thing on your list. And what impresses whuffos way more than cool clothes and top of the line technology is no mention for a need of the paramedics.......

I can't decide if you're serious or not....

As to the original question, the sound which is best is the one where the canopy pops all the way open...and then there's no new sound, other than the flying.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hands down it's gotta be Hooknswoop's VX-60 loaded at 3.1:1. The sound of it coming in literally gave me chills.
It wasn't the speed of sound, it was the sound of speed.;)
Kris

Yes I would agree that Hook's canopy is a pretty distinctive sound.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I wanna look good in vid to show off the the wuffo's

I knew some people like that, 2 of them are dead, another one is f**ked for life (blind and paralized). Rethink your priorities or prepair to be a statistic.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Coolest sounding canopy??

Probably Hook on his VX60...

Definitely get that HOLY SHIT feeling hearing him coming before you see his canopy..

Any canopy going really fast makes that sound.. Although I've noticed HMA lines to be a bit quiter than vectran.

Rhino