rapper4mpi

Airlocked/Crossbraced Works! Check it out!

Mike Swanson who is well known for his freeflying skill and not for his swooping capabilities came in third at a Venezuala Swoop meet. He was flying one of Brian Germain's NEW Big Air Sportz yet to be named airlocked/crossbraced canopies. Mike gave all of the credit to the canopy, even though his own canopy skill is nothing less than incredible. Swanson was competing againts some rather big name competitors and was even leading the meet until a rul change mid-way through the competition put him in third. Nontheless this is a big win for both Swanson and Big Air Sportz. Keep your eyes and ears open to see when this canopy gets released.
-Rap

How big does it pack? Compare an airlocked, crossbraced Big Air Sportz canopy to, say, a stiletto or sabre2. Does a 135 approach a 150? Just wondered.
"Marge, I'm coming to bed & I've been watching women's volleyball on ESPN."

I believe it is an 84. I got some coaching from Brian a couple weeks abo on my two new Samurais (great canopies), and Brian was jumping what he said was one of Swanson's canopies. It was an 84 cross-braced with airlocks. We did a bit of flying together, and it sure looked nice. A bit out of my league at this point.
Maybe next year.

Mostly we worked on bettering my approach/swoops. We also worked on carving in the swoop (heading changes). We then did some CRW (with Brian on the c/b airlock and me on my Sam 136) which mostly involved me doing manuevers with him relative so I can get altitude bearings for moves up high.