scottbre

Spectre Pricing

All salesmanship motives aside, what do you think a good price for a Spectre 170 with around 300 jumps would be?

I recently sold a triathlon with around 300 jumps for $1000. I think you'd be lucky to get it for $800.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Lines in good condition, packing in shade, passes all examinations.... probally 800-925 plus inspection and shipping fees would be about fair. I sold my Spectre 170 for 850 last year and it had 325 jumps on it at the time. I hate to say it... but colors factor in the pricing too... if its ugly... its worth less to most people.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Is there a trim issue with the spectre?

Line trim is important on any canopy, not just highly loaded ellipticals. I can totally tell the difference between my old Spectre (lines 3" out of trim) and the new ones (lines in trim) I've been flying the past couple of weekends - and I fly a wingloading of around 1.0:1.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

Line trim is important on any canopy, not just highly loaded ellipticals. I can totally tell the difference between my old Spectre (lines 3" out of trim) and the new ones (lines in trim) I've been flying the past couple of weekends - and I fly a wingloading of around 1.0:1.

OK, I'm on track. I was thinking of something like the trim issue notification for stability regarding a few crossfires. I have a couple of crossfires as well as a spectre. I prefer the vectran lines as they seem to hold up better to friction and velcro exposure.
BTW, how many jumps on your old spectre?

Did I tell you how much I love my Spectre 190 ?? Probably not, I just got it last Thursday.
I bought it used for 850. It has 200 jumps on it and is in Excellent condition (according to two riggers at my dz) They say it is a steal.....
- Matt

Yep, that was a steal. The Spectre is a great canopy and if it was well treated and in excellent condition, it should have sold for more.
A rigger once told me that the rule of thumb for selling a canopy was to remove $1 off the original price for every jump you put on it. Especially with today's well built designs (PD, etc..) this was more than fair as a formula for an asking price.
Opinions?
[shameless plug] My beautiful, mint condition, babied, Spectre 170 is for sale, contact me asap![/shameless plug]
Cheers,
CanEHdian

That will most likely be the Lotus by Big Air Sportz (Brian Germain)... tried it this past winter in Z-Hills and I thought it was very good... doing a modest downsize from 170 to 150.
(my 0.02) I've gotten to know Brian and I think he's a great guy. He's always approachable, a great freeflier (taught me a lot) and his knowledge in canopy flight & design is quite special... you can see that he has a real passion for it!
Cheers,
CanEHdian