bmcd308

Seeking Dolphin Container Opinions

The Dolphin container is a basic, entry level container. Costs are low since there is no custom sizing or colors. Problems... till like last fall they were mainly velcro rig. Since you can only get a S,M,L or XL harness you better hope you fit nicely in thier sizing. They don't have as wide of a range of sizes as other companies.
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

I heard a good thing about the dolphin is when you fire the reserve it goes more in the direction of over your head instead of straight back.. That could be a good thing in some malfunctions.
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!
http://www.aahit.com

Dolphins are simple.
Dolphins work.
Dolphins are inexpensive, leaving you more money for jump tickets.
Those extra jump tickets will keep you current.
Currency equals long life span.
Next topic of conversation?
In that category, I would chose a Genera because it has slightly better pin covers.

I have a Dolphin....I have yet to find much of anything that I don't like about it. It was cheap...Altico will put anything on that harness and container you want. You want rings? They'll do it. It doesn't fit you right? They'll fix it (For free so I hear...ask Freaksis, I think she had hers resized free) Quality construction and proven design. You just have to special order all the goodies and it is not commonly known what all they will provide. I have 90 some jumps on mine and the only complaint is that the chest strap sits a bit low. I'll have them fix that one of these days. The reserve launch has always been very good at re-pack time.
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

Women love the low chest strap on the Dolphin. I had about 100 jumps on mine and the seams needed restitched. It was
cheap and had cheap construction compared to a Jav or Mirage. But man, was it comfortable!
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

Ditto the "more money for jump tickets" comment!.

But at the same time, you'll get much less when it comes time to sell it.
Not recomending either way... Just something to consider.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Altico has some excellent customer service, as you can tell from the other posts.
I owned a Dolphin when I first started out. I sold it and bought a whole new setup when I downsized. My new rig, made by a now-defunct company, had a serious defect. I did not like the way the company responded to my situation. They fixed it, but they lacked good customer service.
I have had nothing but good customer service from Mike Furry's company and whenever I do buy a new rig the Dolphin is on my short list.
-Sandy

I went to a DZ a couple weeks ago, and my rig isn't ready yet, so I put a couple of jumps on one of their's. It was a Sabre170 in a dolphin. Really comfy rig. When I was looking to buy a container I looked at Dolphins, then passed cause I thought they were a cheap, low quality rig. Now I'm regretting spending the extra $ to get a more expensive container that I ordered a month ago, and they tell me it'll be shipped out today...That really pissed me off!!!
It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal trauma.
Lippy