Nutz

Can't Upload Picture

Shouldn't I get an error message that says it is too big???

From the site, yes. It shows up in red letters.

From a girl? I wouldn't count on it.

What browser are you using?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Can you try to attach a very small picture to your next post? (like your own avatar). See if that works. If it does, then we know it's a size issue, if not, then it's something else in which case I'll ask (like AD did) - what platform and browser are you using?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Alright, that worked. It says the picture I was trying to upload is 54kb. I guess that is wrong?? The browser I am using is IE6.0? It is the latest one as I am using my work computer and gets an update every stinking day, there is one waiting to load right now. Thanks for your help!

CCC

I had trouble uploading a picture the other day. I was having to make it really tiny, and it still said it was too big. Finally, I figured out that the resolution was too high. When I made the quality of it a little less, it worked after that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think it's a different problem...

I think someone forgot where to put the decimal ...

Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (0.59 KB)

See the 0.59KB ?? Shouldn't it be 59.0 KB ??

edit: btw- this was when composing a PM, not a regular post.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I'm getting a similar error while trying to attach a pic to a PM.

Here is the error I get

Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (1.97 KB)

Where does the 1.97KB come from?

I don't get it... I just uploaded the attachment to this post and it works here :S

I'm getting a message that the size is too big.:)
But it is saying that the maximum size is 6.68k[:/]

I don't UNDERSTAND!!!

What's really baking my noodle is that the first pics were fine.:|
PM me, please, if there is a solution. Thanks.

Now the message says:"Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (11.6 KB) ":|[:/]:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ok... looks like it's working fine.

Image size limit for attachments is 60 KB. Make sure your software reports size accurately if you're close to the limit.

For an avatar the limits are: 10 KB, 65x75 pixels.

There is indeed a decimal error in the error reporting for PM attachments. I'll fix that.

Just a quick note here. I looked at the size of several images in Windows Explorer that was reported up to 20% wrong (lower) than the real image size. Very interesting. Definitely a bug in Windows. For example an image showing as 61 KB in Windows Explorer was in fact 86 KB when opened in PhotoShop. Do not trust WI to give you an accurate display of image size. (I use Windows 2000)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I've been trying to attach a picture to a PM that Windows says is 26.7 KB.... and I keep getting this error message:

"Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (0.69 KB)"

Is there still a bug or has it just not been fixed yet?
Pink Mafia Sis #26

I'm still having the same issue with attaching files to a PM

This is the error message I receive:
"Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (15.6 KB)"

Win XP says the file is 46.7KB :S I just don't understand where the 15.6 KB is coming from.