Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

You lowland florida types don't get to much snow, so you become sissyfied, and spoiled with your year round jumping. OK enough ranting and raging.

I paid my dues in Ohio for 23 years with plenty of snow >:(:P;):)
You're just jealous cause I WAS SMARTER and got out:P:P:P:P:P:P I KID I KID;)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think the main reason for the recirculating design is to keep the heat in the air. This will be huge, as it it still very FUCKING COLD here right now.

Today was not that cold… I actually thought we are warming back up some… (Ok, shoot the glass half full guy).

Could you imagine flying in the CO tunnel, say on a -10 degree winter night. Me thinks the re-circ is *required*!!!

Oh, about the cooling for the summertime... Nothing says a re-circulating tunnel can't draw outside air to cool it down too, although the outdoor 100 temps will be useless... Commercial office buildings use “make up units” to draw outside air in Colorado to cool them whenever the outside temp is colder than the inside temp and they want the inside temp to go down….

I also overheard someone who knows about the design of this exact tunnel talking about the fact that the tunnel will be effectively pressurized, and the second the tunnel is turned on, the heat will raise a few degrees just because of the increase pressure in the air. They started giving very specific numbers… Think lapse rate... 3-5 degrees for every 1000 feet, so if the tunnel pressure changes the same as of 1000 feet of altitude change, which is not much in the terms of pressure, expect a few degree sudden warmup... Now, I think the Perris tunnel is under a vacuum, since the motors are at the top pulling air… That would cool it down some… Anyone taken an altimeter into a tunnel before to see the pressure changes??? You know they are there, you can hear the air whistling thru the building finding the leaks…. I just don’t know how much…

SkyVenture would be nearly quiet if it weren't for the net...

no leaks

Oh.... Ok... If you say so:P Me thinks I know of at least a few leaks in the skyventure tunnel I was in... The proof - there was a inlet vent with shutters in the team training areas - and when the tunnel was running you could feel the air pretty good rushing in to compensate for the air the tunnel sucked out of that area... This is not to say the tunnel sucks (well in terms of quality) - just that there are a few leaks here and there... Oh, a 747 leaks too, just much slower than the pumps that keep it pressurized. :P

Of all the states I have visited, I think Florida is about the worst. It's as if some one came across a swamp and said "Hey let's make a State out of it". You can never get any anywhere very fast because of all the old people driving around, and they are a danger to humanity by driving 35MPH on the freeway! Also it's hot and HUMID there. Humidity SUCKS, so as far as I'm concerned, you can have Florida with it's old people, mosquitoes, and humidity.

Of all the states I have visited, I think Florida is about the worst. It's as if some one came across a swamp and said "Hey let's make a State out of it". You can never get any anywhere very fast because of all the old people driving around, and they are a danger to humanity by driving 35MPH on the freeway! Also it's hot and HUMID there. Humidity SUCKS, so as far as I'm concerned, you can have Florida with it's old people, mosquitoes, and humidity.

Damn you biotch a lot ;)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think the main reason for the recirculating design is to keep the heat in the air. This will be huge, as it it still very FUCKING COLD here right now.

Today was not that cold… I actually thought we are warming back up some… (Ok, shoot the glass half full guy).

Could you imagine flying in the CO tunnel, say on a -10 degree winter night. Me thinks the re-circ is *required*!!!

Oh, about the cooling for the summertime... Nothing says a re-circulating tunnel can't draw outside air to cool it down too, although the outdoor 100 temps will be useless... Commercial office buildings use “make up units” to draw outside air in Colorado to cool them whenever the outside temp is colder than the inside temp and they want the inside temp to go down….

I also overheard someone who knows about the design of this exact tunnel talking about the fact that the tunnel will be effectively pressurized, and the second the tunnel is turned on, the heat will raise a few degrees just because of the increase pressure in the air. They started giving very specific numbers… Think lapse rate... 3-5 degrees for every 1000 feet, so if the tunnel pressure changes the same as of 1000 feet of altitude change, which is not much in the terms of pressure, expect a few degree sudden warmup... Now, I think the Perris tunnel is under a vacuum, since the motors are at the top pulling air… That would cool it down some… Anyone taken an altimeter into a tunnel before to see the pressure changes??? You know they are there, you can hear the air whistling thru the building finding the leaks…. I just don’t know how much…

I know people seem to think the tunnel wll be a recirc because of the climate, but let's face it: How often is it -10 in CO? Damn seldom. Now how often is it 98? Every damn day in July!

I wonder if the reason is efficiency. Recirc tunnels are more efficient because the air entering the fan already has momentum, vs an open tunnel where all of the incoming air must be accelerated by the fan. And if the tunnel is pressurized, that would perhaps enable the tunnel to operate at a lower velocity due to internally being at a lower density-altitude.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've got a question for you, if it were an open tunnel, like in orlando and it were snowing outside, would the snow fall up inside the tunnel?

IT'S BACKWARDS LAND!! HOT SNOW FALLS UP, CATS CHASE DOGS!!

=Homer Simpson
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I've got a question for you, if it were an open tunnel, like in orlando and it were snowing outside, would the snow fall up inside the tunnel?

Well, I flew in the Perris tunnel in a rain storm and the rain flew up, so, ya, snow would do the same, probably more so.:P Now I know why they have laundry equipment in the tunnel... To dry the jumpsuit. BTW... I counted the bugs on my motorcycle helmet and my skydiving helmet - and 30 minutes in the tunnel = many hours of motorcycling for bug-splat count, speaking of stuff getting sucked in...

Anyone got a full face helmet with battery operated windshield wipers??? Next time I am in the tunnel in a rainstorm, I wanna borrow it...

well if you were flying your slot than the bugs wouldn't be hitting you, they're trying to stay in their slots too ya know, quit hoggin the air!!:P
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Anyone have any latest news on this tunnel? I can't wait to take my daughter, she turns one in September - wonder if that is too young lolol...

I was driving around down there on Monday evening, and I still don't see any serious construction going on. I tried calling Joe to verify the location, but got his vmail.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I went and ran across the grounds lastnight at 3am naked. I just wanted to welcome it into my hood...lol.

JohnnyD is right.....ekk....cant believe I said that.:P

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I went and ran across the grounds lastnight at 3am naked. I just wanted to welcome it into my hood...lol.

JohnnyD is right.....ekk....cant believe I said that.:P

Joe

OK, while I'm trying to erase that image from my mind...
Exactly where is it? I noticed a pile of dirt across from Mimi's, but I thought you said it was adjacent to the Brunswick.

Yeah dude.....BEHIND Brunswick....on the east side of the road.:)
Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Yeah dude.....BEHIND Brunswick....on the east side of the road.:)
Joe

Pics! We need PICs!
(If you don't have pics of the tunnel, pics of hot babes can be used as a substitute.)

BTW There aren't any nihilists hanging around the Brunswick, are there?:o