NSEMN8R

Tandem Students jumping with stuff

Just wondering what other people have let students jump with.

I got to jump with a girl who brought an Emmy Award with her earlier this summer. That was a really fun jump. We got our picture in parachutist for that one.

Then, this weekend some people showed up from a Dutch Reality TV show where they were travelling from NY to Vegas doing fear factor type stuff. In this one, one contestant from each team had to pull their best 5 cards out of a half deck in freefall. It was funny as hell. Both of them did pretty good. We got great video of it.

Anybody else ever let their students carry any props?

Off the top off my head:

We had a guy carrying juggling balls once, he wanted to juggle under canopy. He lost a few balls :S

2 weeks ago there was a wager about whether or not a tandem student could roll a sigaret under canopy, well he got the pics to prove he could :D

One story at our dz is about a tandemstudent jumping with an inflatable dildo strapped to him, said inflatable caused a LOT of trouble in freefall because it had gotten really big, was in the TM's way and was trying to turn them upside down. TM was pretty shaken when they landed :S

Also we had a lot of rubber duckies on our Rubber Duckie Boogie earlier this year, with the duckies getting their photograph taken for the comp, some duckies were passed to tandem students in freefall :D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The last one I remember was to carry a handheld radio. This was so that two women - one the student, one a wuffo friend - could talk to each other once she was under canopy. Since there incessant chatter with one another on the ground had gotten in the way of the waiver process, the briefing, the gear up, and the interview, I said no. They had literally not stopped talking to one another since they walked in the door and I was ready for a break from it.
Arrive Safely

John

I watched one guy jump with a pair of fake boobs strapped the front of him. It was his bachelor party so his mates brought him through to the DZ in a superman outfit complete with fake tits. Needless once they exited the plane they didn't stay there for long :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Just wondering what other people have let students jump with.

I got to jump with a girl who brought an Emmy Award with her earlier this summer. That was a really fun jump. We got our picture in parachutist for that one.

Then, this weekend some people showed up from a Dutch Reality TV show where they were travelling from NY to Vegas doing fear factor type stuff. In this one, one contestant from each team had to pull their best 5 cards out of a half deck in freefall. It was funny as hell. Both of them did pretty good. We got great video of it.

Anybody else ever let their students carry any props?

Before getting a hand cam glove I used to let selected students carry my video camera. The last one to do so was my sister. My policy was to only allow experienced tandems the task of holding a camera.

She is my sister, and no video was available. Worked like a charm. :)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

thats awesome!! Thats L.A.S.A. style right there. Makes me want to attach drink holders to the side of my helmet.

I took a frozen squirrell on a tandem once. I hit it on the way to the DZ. I took it there and stuck it in the freezer. The next day i put in my jumpsuit. During the skydive I motioned to the videographer by pointing inside my jumpsiut. I then pulled the squirrel out and played puppeteer as the squirrel danced a little jig on the students head. I then gave the camera a close up of the squirrels face.

If any one can top that please let me know.

sometimes a TM just has to entertain himself.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

thats awesome!! Thats L.A.S.A. style right there. Makes me want to attach drink holders to the side of my helmet.

I took a frozen squirrell on a tandem once. I hit it on the way to the DZ. I took it there and stuck it in the freezer. The next day i put in my jumpsuit. During the skydive I motioned to the videographer by pointing inside my jumpsiut. I then pulled the squirrel out and played puppeteer as the squirrel danced a little jig on the students head. I then gave the camera a close up of the squirrels face.

If any one can top that please let me know.

got any pictures of that?

lots of fur on this jump

heres the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm bored. I'm at work. It's 4am and I'm sitting at a nurse's station in a fairly quiet ICU. I'm bored, as I've said, so I open the forums to just kill some time. I see this thread and I read. I get to this post and I'm thinking "there is no possible way someone took a dead squirrel up and danced on a students head with it".

Then, I click on the pic.

Imagine the laughing nurse rolling out in the floor while the other nurses are giving her the "we knew she was crazy all along" look.

Thanks for that!
"Analyze this!"
http://www.myspace.com/poppyfunk

Not at the expense of the customers’ video, looks like you and the videot are wasting altitude playing your games rather than placing the focus on the star of the show.
Now someone may have to explain to a 4 year old that the squirrel is having fun skydiving and not the frozen corpse of an incident.

Just my opinion, but what a lousy thing to do to a paying customer and their skydive video.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Not at the expense of the customers’ video, looks like you and the videot are wasting altitude playing your games rather than placing the focus on the star of the show.
Now someone may have to explain to a 4 year old that the squirrel is having fun skydiving and not the frozen corpse of an incident.

Just my opinion, but what a lousy thing to do to a paying customer and their skydive video.

Ditto.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

If you read half of this poster's other threads you would understand. :S
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This was a group that came out to jump with weird things and wearing weird things. One girl with curlers to see if her hair would be curly :S. One dude with a wet t-shirt to see if it would dry (it was raining under canopy) :D. One guy with a green tea. One with a water balloon.

what can i say............... thats how we do it at lASA

I knew some people would say that crap about ruining the guys video. BUt no mattter what you post here someone is going to be critical or no how to do it better. I'm not even going to reply to that because you guys werent there and dont know the circumstances or who that tandem student was. Maybe he agreed to the squirrel being on the jump. Maybe he thought it was funny too.

Anyway glad to share the pic with you guys that have senses of humor.

If you guys like that you might like some other LASA classics. Theres a chiken jump on skydive movies, We also have a stuffed beaver jump. And dont even ask about the deer tandem.

Oh yea that waterballoon pic in the previous post is wicked awesome
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

I'm not even going to reply to that because you guys werent there and dont know the circumstances or who that tandem student was.

I thought you weren't going to reply... but I did appreciate the nasty gram.

Quoted PA from a PM removed by slotperfect

Class act guy!!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P