jumpnaked69

Stilleto as a Student Canopy

I'm not the one claiming to have 'mad skillz' - relevance FAIL.

Neither am I. You made the claim that I think I do, without even knowing me. You failed.

No, it's pretty obvious to everyone reading this thread that you think you do - but hey, you just go ahead and blame it all on the skygods tryin' to keep you down, man...:S

Hopefully, you'll someday get an experience level to match your current arrogance level and look back at this thread with a lot of embarassment.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I told you they can't help it! They love it and can't stop.

Hopefully, you'll someday get an experience level to match your current arrogance level and look back at this thread with a lot of embarassment.

At your rate of jumps I would never let you off student status. Do you have to do a coach jump every time you make a trip to the DZ? Shut your mouth you sound like an idiot. I have over 2.5 times your experience crammed into a factor of 13 LESS time. Have you heard of currency? Have you ever jumped a Stiletto 190 at 1 to 1? So basically you don't know what you are talking about. Spoon fed baby regurgitating shit he was fed bravo! Remember a closed mouth gathers no foot!

Too others who claim to have the experience of flying a Stiletto 190 at 1 to 1 WOW is all I can say. I have pulled my wing uneven on an imperfectly flair. I still stood it up. No spectacular wipeout. Just keep flying it to the ground. I have thrown myself into bad line twist with bad body position and not had to cut away. The thing is that canopy actually allows me to see the effects of those things in my current size and wingloading without downsizing and also be forgiving enough to let me get away with it while you can get away with it on squares without a measurable consequence. You can learn bad habits that way. Oh wait, I forgot I have no clue what I am saying right?

I did not post on this thread to get you approval despite your attempts to say otherwise. I enjoy a debate, unlike many of you obviously. I know many call me a troll, so be it. My topics ARE relevant to the topic and are NOT meant to provoke an "EMOTIONAL" response. If you get emotional that is your problem. I am guilty of it as well but I am not crying about it.

To the one post NO I have not flown a Sabre. Not sure if you meant an original or a Sabre2 but I will address both. The original, well go read the reviews on this dorkzone. Hard openings which it is notorious for? No thank you. Sabre2....ummm have you been listening? I like a FLAT glide. After demoing the Storm and telling PD I did not want to go steep they immediately discarded the Sabre2 as an option because it is steeper.

Steepness. It comes down to decision time. I am not experienced enough to deal with LESS decision time under canopy. The faster my descent rate...the faster I have to set up for landing....the faster I am coming down...period. The idiot who posted about the faster speed of a Stiletto is well, an idiot. Definition- Someone who is not informed. A stiletto does not have a faster forward speed. Read "Choosing the right canopy" on PD's website. Get educated. It turns faster yes, but forward speed is not faster. Do I need to post another quote or link proving it?

If you disagree with my canopy choice FINE I think we ALL understand that. Do yourself a favor and debate WHY. I will tell you all about my experiences under the scenarios you propose if I have had them. If I haven't I will tell you I haven't, and will gladly listen and truly consider them. I only have 130 jumps. I KNOW THAT, despite what you think. I have not run into enough scenarios to know it all, honestly neither has ANYONE here. None of us know it all. The second you think you do you are more of a danger to others in the air than I will EVER be under my Stiletto 190.
I am an asshole, but I am honest

I did not post on this thread to get you approval despite your attempts to say otherwise. I enjoy a debate, unlike many of you obviously.

No you don't. You haven't debated a single point in htis thread you just keep ignoring the people with 10-20 times more jumps than you telling yo exactly why you shouldn't be flying a Stiletto and then keep repeating your tired bullshit about how you don't care what anyone thinks about you before proceeding to post another 5 page defense of your canopy choice.
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

I am not experienced enough to deal with LESS decision time under canopy. The faster my descent rate...the faster I have to set up for landing....the faster I am coming down...period.

Wow - so your argument for a Stiletto comes down to "I am too scared to jump a Sabre2, so I chose a Stiletto". That is some fucked up reasoning! A Sabre2 will fly very flat if you learn to use the appropriate inputs and develop a feel for how much brake you can use in a given situation.

Have you considered how much altitude you lose under a spinning mal? That's really gonna shorten your canopy time, especially if you then transition to a steeply gliding reserve.

Have you considered trying to learn to fly a non-HP canopy in all flight modes before you go to an HP one for only one of its flight characteristics?

Your reasoning is all fucked up. Back to basics for you, boy. Get some canopy tuition.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

HOW many times have you said you weren't coming back to this thread, again?

At your rate of jumps I would never let you off student status. Do you have to do a coach jump every time you make a trip to the DZ? Shut your mouth you sound like an idiot. I have over 2.5 times your experience crammed into a factor of 13 LESS time. Have you heard of currency? Have you ever jumped a Stiletto 190 at 1 to 1? So basically you don't know what you are talking about. Spoon fed baby regurgitating shit he was fed bravo! Remember a closed mouth gathers no foot!

2.5 times the jumps and 2.5 times less common sense - maybe when you have 13 times more time around the sport you'll grow some (common sense, that is). Experience breeds wisdom, and so far you aren't showing any.

I'm well aware of the value of skydiving currency, thanks - in fact, I take a recurrency jump when I go home on vacation whether I'm required to or not, to make sure I'm current on my EP's, spotting and landing patterns.

So, Skippy, maybe you should look at my location and show me where the local DZ is at, I seem to have missed it. Maybe then I can get a few jumps in on the one day a week I have off work providing communications support to troops like you. Oh, wait - they're NOT like you, after all, since they're actually able to tell when they're getting good advice.

Too others who claim to have the experience of flying a Stiletto 190 at 1 to 1 WOW is all I can say. I have pulled my wing uneven on an imperfectly flair. I still stood it up. No spectacular wipeout. Just keep flying it to the ground. I have thrown myself into bad line twist with bad body position and not had to cut away. The thing is that canopy actually allows me to see the effects of those things in my current size and wingloading without downsizing and also be forgiving enough to let me get away with it while you can get away with it on squares without a measurable consequence. You can learn bad habits that way. Oh wait, I forgot I have no clue what I am saying right?

You GO with your mad skillzzzsz, yo!!

I did not post on this thread to get you approval despite your attempts to say otherwise. I enjoy a debate, unlike many of you obviously. I know many call me a troll, so be it. My topics ARE relevant to the topic and are NOT meant to provoke an "EMOTIONAL" response. If you get emotional that is your problem. I am guilty of it as well but I am not crying about it.

No, just crying about all the skygods keeping you down and what a SPECIAL case you are.

To the one post NO I have not flown a Sabre. Not sure if you meant an original or a Sabre2 but I will address both. The original, well go read the reviews on this dorkzone. Hard openings which it is notorious for? No thank you. Sabre2....ummm have you been listening? I like a FLAT glide. After demoing the Storm and telling PD I did not want to go steep they immediately discarded the Sabre2 as an option because it is steeper.

So, YOU are qualifed to speak on a canopy you've never jumped, but nobody that hasn't flown a Stiletto at 1:1 is qualified to speak to you about it?

Mad skillzzzzz, indeed.

Steepness. It comes down to decision time. I am not experienced enough to deal with LESS decision time under canopy. The faster my descent rate...the faster I have to set up for landing....the faster I am coming down...period. The idiot who posted about the faster speed of a Stiletto is well, an idiot. Definition- Someone who is not informed. A stiletto does not have a faster forward speed. Read "Choosing the right canopy" on PD's website. Get educated. It turns faster yes, but forward speed is not faster. Do I need to post another quote or link proving it?

Damn...how DO we manage to keep flying those not-enough-time-to-make-decisions Sabre 2s in to safe landings time after time, what with not having your combat vet, policeman non-panic skillzzzz?

If you disagree with my canopy choice FINE I think we ALL understand that. Do yourself a favor and debate WHY.

They've BEEN doing that the entire thread and all they've gotten is attitude in return, and you wonder why they don't want to talk to you anymore?

Is that crater board full, yet? I think I wanna get another 3 squares on it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm not too bothered by your canopy choice. You're not a student and you're not jumping anything that's stupid aggressive. But your reasoning for choosing that canopy is, in my opinion, really naive and ignorant. And I don't mean either of those in a bad way. Simply put, you're uninformed and trying to figure out what's best for you on your own without understanding what's really important.

If you flew your stilleto side by side with your identical twin flying a sabre2 at the exact same size and wingloading, I don't think you'd see a whole lot of difference when it comes to angle of descent. Maybe the stilleto will glide a little shallower, but we're not talking about any significant difference. In fact, your identical triplet sister could be flying a spectre between you and your brother and it wouldn't be all that much steeper. Not enough to change the amount of time you'll spend under canopy by any significant amount.

In fact, if you're worried about having time to make decisions, you chose an absolutely terrible canopy because it has a much higher likelihook of spiralling out of the sky on opening. Being more responsive, it'll give you less time to react when you need to and it'll be less forgiving when you screw up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you had a complete conversation with PD about your reasoning for wanting a canopy with a shallow glide, I think they'd point you to a much more forgiving canopy.

If you haven't done so already (or even if you have), sign up for a canopy course this summer. The Flight-1 canopy courses (available all over the country) teach techniques for getting back from a long spot. The whole idea there is to keep your canopy flying for as long as possible. You might find out that with 3/4 brakes, you could make a sabre2 fly 2-3 times as far as a stilleto in full flight.

Dave

You keep saying you are going to stop posting... Yet you keep posting. You just can't help it that people who know more than you just don't agree with you.

Shut your mouth you sound like an idiot. I have over 2.5 times your experience crammed into a factor of 13 LESS time.

I have 41 times your experience.... Average about 300 jumps a year which is three times your currency. Who is the idiot again?

Remember a closed mouth gathers no foot!

Something you should REALLY consider yourself.

If you get emotional that is your problem. I am guilty of it as well but I am not crying about it.

Sure you are... You are crying that we don't get that you know what you are doing.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

hi pilotdave - that was a good post in delivery and things for the pup to think about

I really don't see the point in having a full elliptical unless it's loaded decently and you have the time in sport to fly it that way - else a sabre2 is an excellent canopy (if you choose to learn how to really get all you can out of it)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

hi pilotdave - that was a good post in delivery and things for the pup to think about

I really do see the point in having a full elliptical unless it's loaded decently and you have the time in sport to fly it that way - else a sabre2 is an excellent canopy (if you choose to learn how to really get all you can out of it)

Do see the point, or don't see the point?

And you're entirely incorrect about the Sabre2 - didn't EFS just tell us all upthread how it glides too steeply to have any time to make decisions? Gonna hate to see what he does when he has to use that 7-cell F111 reserve...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And you're entirely incorrect about the Sabre2 - didn't EFS just tell us all upthread how it glides too steeply to have any time to make decisions? Gonna hate to see what he does when he has to use that 7-cell F111 reserve...

Hey, my Maverick has an even worse glide angle. It must be super dangerous.

I guess that's corrected by me always being the last one to land on that ground hungry death trap, huh?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey, my Maverick has an even worse glide angle. It must be super dangerous.

I guess that's corrected by me always being the last one to land on that ground hungry death trap, huh?

My Sabre2 must be broken, too - I had plenty of time to glide in from a couple miles out during the canopy course I took with Scott Miller.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

sorry, Mike - you just aren't current enough to respond to my comments......>:(

:P

Do see the point, or don't see the point?...

don't -

fixed it upstream

So, Skippy, maybe you should look at my location and show me where the local DZ is at, I seem to have missed it. Maybe then I can get a few jumps in on the one day a week I have off work providing communications support to troops like you. Oh, wait - they're NOT like you, after all, since they're actually able to tell when they're getting good advice.

Psh, the shots up, they wont notice ya missing!:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

:D:D:D Only until they can't get to Facebook to update their page...then watch the phones melt down from all the calls!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

We have FB blocked now... phones have been purty quiet lately... But its much harder to open a dz where I am... cant really wear the mandress with a sport rig legstrap on.

Unless... they could modify the mandress to have the slits in them like wingsuits!!

I might be on to something, Skydive Baghdad!!!

:D:D:D Only until they can't get to Facebook to update their page...then watch the phones melt down from all the calls!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

We have FB blocked now... phones have been purty quiet lately... But its much harder to open a dz where I am... cant really wear the mandress with a sport rig legstrap on.

Unless... they could modify the mandress to have the slits in them like wingsuits!!

I might be on to something, Skydive Baghdad!!!

Dude...that's a mental pic NONE of us need!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ok. I have jumped a Heatwave (stiletto clone) 190 at 1-1. It had a tendency to over-steer, it was touchier (is that even a word?) to asymmetrical flaring, and it opened erratically. It was fun to fly, responsive in turns compared to my Sabre. I didn't notice much of a difference in glide ratio, used my normal set up altitudes. It does have less margin for error than other canopies of the same size that are semi elliptical.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

This thread is stupid as fuck. I can't believe 100+ people posted on this stupid shit including myself.

Bottom line is with stilleto, cut away ratio will be much higher AND if i was flying stilleto at 25 jumps for sure I would've broke my leg atleast once by now.

There are very well designed student canopies out there. Why practice with 1000cc bike when 650 is available to you.

btw i have flown Katana, stiletto, and x-fire 2 at 1.1 to 1.25 wingload and they DO NOT open anything like Navigatior.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

MNealTX wrote:
"So, Skippy, maybe you should look at my location and show me where the local DZ is at, I seem to have missed it. Maybe then I can get a few jumps in on the one day a week I have off work providing communications support to troops like you."

There used to be a dropzone outside Skopje. Not sure how close to Kosovo you are, but there are a few DZs in the Balkans (6 or 7). The one outside Skopje (if its still in operation) is probably closest to you.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

A mere friend will agree with you, but a real friend will argue. If this is true, if we can accept that this is true then ask yourself who are your real friends from all the people that posted in this thread and what are they trying to tell you?

Don't post anything unless you get it, get it?
And if you get it then think how much effort they put from their part of the world to give you a simple clear message! They seem to care about the life of a next guy that enter in this sport. Do you care about the next guy that enters this sport? If you want this sport to exists what type of people should we have more? like you or like them?

Hear this one, kid: 2 cops enter a bar, and suddenly they say to the barman something something paramotor kit system and I don't know and why don't you shut up and do your part for this sport!

Tada, that's all folks,
this is my number for today! :P

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

I had no problems getting a new Stiletto 150 when I had 39 jumps.
Just sayin'.

I'm stupid but I want to tell you this:
And you kallend, freddy-krueger bitch, maybe it's time to kill the memories of this story, right? I mean, you seems like an inteligent person and such and god knows that we need inteligent persons in this sport, but for fuck sake freddy-krueger, let go of the story with the 39 jumps stiletto good karma shit.

Ask yourself this question what would an inteligent person have to gain from telling this story over and over again, always in front of the new kids? ... and if you're still in the imagination mode, thinking about that imaginary inteligent person then ask yourself what would an inteligent person encourage with his every action (speaking is an action, right?) if an inteligent person really, but really (not only pretending) really, loved this sport?
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

WTF?:S Dude, I gotta ask, is English not your primary language? You give me a freakin' headache trying to dicipher wtf your talking about. Freddy Krueger? Really? That's a pretty obtuse reference.[:/]

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama