47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Somehow Orange1 is ready on the dirt strip with, I think, gold bars a suitcase full of Zimbabwean currency...

Then you can all be billionaires.

Lol.

I think there's also a scene on the 727 where Orange1 is handing out the rigs she brought...and when she gets to 377, he peeks inside the reserve, and says "I ain't pulling no pink reserve" and tosses it aside onto seat 18E.

Later an FBI agent is examining the crashed 727 (it crash landed after it was left on autopilot after everyone jumped)..

Agent C. mutters "Look, one of them left a reserve here. Definitely whuffo"

Agent D. says "Maybe. But look it's the same color as the Cooper reserve. Don't you think he left it as a message?"

Later, on a thread at DZ.com, citizen investigators helping the FBI, speculate that the reserve was left behind because it had peanut butter stains on the container, and one of the jumpers must have been allergic to peanuts.

oh, Alice was crew not a passenger.. yes it does ring a bell now. The man with suitcase (non) incident was what i was recalling.
so the timeline does make sense, cooper hiding in the lav while the passengers leave and the Alice incident later.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

lol...because i do have a nut allergy!
(was terrible when i was a kid because there was very little awareness - not like now!)

actually (muses) would be a great example of how a defective deduction process can actually lead to a correct conclusion...

lol...because i do have a nut allergy!
(was terrible when i was a kid because there was very little awareness - not like now!)

actually (muses) would be a great example of how a defective deduction process can actually lead to a correct conclusion...

:)
so, I guess you're saying that it's not possible I could have researched the nut allergy?

The best plan is always when you do something that others think is inconceivable.

i.e. doing a Cooper.

:)

possible, but unlikely. i mean, you could have contacted my PA on the pretence of inviting me out for a business lunch and wanting to know dietary requirements but... on the balance of probabilities, you didn't. anyway, i was being semi-disingenuous. it's actually tree nuts not peanuts i am allergic to ;) but it was close enough to count!

what did interest me though is what I pointed out: people can arrive at a valid conclusion via an invalid deduction process. of course, that just throws this entire thread open all over again :D

I think there's also a scene on the 727 where Orange1 is handing out the rigs she brought...and when she gets to 377, he peeks inside the reserve, and says "I ain't pulling no pink reserve" and tosses it aside onto seat 18E.

Got that right Snow. Death before discolor.

I had a pink reserve for a short while. I vowed to just burn in if I had a malfuntion. A pink reserve makes you pack your main very very carefully.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I am unable to read Sluggo's site so I do not know what he has there.

Remember that no one is perfect and unless these statements are in GOVERNMENT - transcripts they are :(only someone elses opinion or what someone else had derived.

Many times I have told certain things over and over to individuals and sent them emails. Then they write a post or a summary of my life with Duane and some of our experiences - The RESULT are NOT accurate and at times do not in any way stay with the facts I made available to them. I have heard it referred to as taking literary license.

Somewhere along the line it was stated that Duane whispered "I'm Dan Cooper". He didn't shout it but he also didn't whisper it. It was a quiet conversation until he realized I was NOT digesting what he was telling me. Then he shouts of "Oh, F---, let it die with me." Had it not been for my telling the story of Duane's last days to a gentleman friend - I would never have known.

:$This happens all of the time with the media (I should know). It has happened with people who are supposedly helping me - and I read what they have written and my mouth goes open - :oyou might want to cover your ears if you are in hearing distance.

Since I cannot open his site - I have not read what he has posted there. I accept it as I do other sites - it is what it is - that persons take or interpretation of the crime.

I listen to all and I read all I can find - but believe only what I can read in FIOA acts. If that about Hancock is in the FILES then and only then do I accept it. I find it difficult to believe the FBI allowed Ms Hancock to return to the plane for her purse. That would certainly not be allowed today.

Note: I do not have the complete file of the information made available to the public from the FBI...therefore maybe Hancock was allowed to return for her purse.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

So what about Jo's hardware recollection? Flawed memory as to shape and structure ? Odd shaped carabiner? Or?

My memory is definitely flawed in regards to this item. I have sat today and tried to sketch it, but it comes out looking like things I have seen on this forum. I know that I could take the item apart - that piece was part of another piece. I remember the feel of it in my hand, but maybe that memory is gone also.

There are not many almost 70 yr olds who could remember what I have remembered - and I get so angry at myself, because I let that man have it. The part with the slide and locking thing was part of a bigger item - I want to say I took them apart - but I liked the feel of it and how it worked. That sliding and locking part was precision made.

Duane was protective of it - and one day when I told him I had cleaned the drawer out he was afraid I had tossed it. I just didn't know who Dan Cooper was when I put it on the garage sale. I ran an ad trying to find the person who bought it. I went to all of the places that handled military memorbial - hoping someone would know who he was. I didn't have a name or location for him.

Where I live we get lots of Canadians and Yankees who winter here.

This may have been suggested before, but scroll through the pages linked below. There are five plus pages showing parachute rig hardware (at the end of each page you have to scroll back up and hit the link for the next page on the left, i.e. "page 2", etc.) Quite a few items are old/obscure, going back years before the Cooper event. Something may be the item you had.

http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=34&level=1

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Hi Jo.
I know this is still be nice to Jo month, but I'm going to just post like I would to someone who actually had a faint memory of an object and wanted help identifying it.

Rather than just going on and on for almost a year about your memory and trying to describe it in text, just accept that you aren't going to be able to identify it thru your current process.

Your current process is:
-random text descriptions
-hoping to trigger others to send you photos
-you give thumbs up or down on the photos.

Instead, I'd suggest:
-you sketch with pencil, whatever memory you have, and annotate
-scan it and post it.
-we'll ask questions on the sketch and annotate ourselves
-you do a new sketch
-repeat.

after that process is done, and we all agree it represents the best documentation of your current memory, then we go off and find images

See, what's happened is that your process has led to images that have corrrupted your memory.

I know you don't like hearing that your investigative processes are not world-class, i.e. don't represent the best possible processes given today's technology and people and information availability, but it's just that simple. Others would have done a better job at finding that piece of hardware that you remembered.

There is always the issue about protecting information from the conspiracy. Which may be valid.

But you can weigh the pros and cons.

Instead, I'd suggest:
-you sketch with pencil, whatever memory you have, and annotate
-scan it and post it.
-we'll ask questions on the sketch and annotate ourselves
-you do a new sketch
-repeat.

Good idea. Thanks.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Thanks but I had been doing that today already - for ONCE I was one step ahead of you - because once I look at a bunch of pictures I am a MESS again. That is why I stepped away from it for awhile.
With the sketch I did - I went back to some of the sites about hardware and although I didn't see it - I now know these things do exist - Thanks to someone who rarely post but alway lurking and he knows who he is.

I find it difficult to believe the FBI allowed Ms Hancock to return to the plane for her purse. That would certainly not be allowed today.

Note: I do not have the complete file of the information made available to the public from the FBI...therefore maybe Hancock was allowed to return for her purse.

Alice wasnt off the plane before she knew she had
left her purse. It was just a matter of her turning
around and going back, asking Cooper's permission,
getting the purse and leaving with Schafner waiting
for her -

G.

oh, Alice was crew not a passenger.. yes it does ring a bell now. The man with suitcase (non) incident was what i was recalling.
so the timeline does make sense, cooper hiding in the lav while the passengers leave and the Alice incident later.

There is one further account of Hancock at:
A Traveler's History of Washington - Google Books Result
by Bill Gulick - 1996 - Travel - 559 pages
Checking the list, a Northwest Airlines clerk found that all the ... After the passengers had left, Alice Hancock, Senior Stewardess on the flight, ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0870043714...

This account is slightly different from the usual
accounts one reads of the Cooper hijacking. I cant
vouch for its authenticity, but it does speak to the
larger issue of a chronology and what each crew
member was doing, including Hancock.

Hancock and Anderson are crew members you dont hear much about. Both were married (Anderson had
children). Both played an active role in press
conferences and a few interviews after the hijacking
but then fade away...

It's interesting, isn't it, that the descriptions of Cooper we have in detail come from Shaffner and Mucklow. Why not Hancock? I presume she was also questioned? Given that the there were some discrepancies between Flo and Tina (like the colour of the suit) I would have thought the more the better? Again apologies if this has been covered before, but how much (if at all) was Hancock involved in drawing up the sketch/describing Cooper?

It's interesting, isn't it, that the descriptions of Cooper we have in detail come from Shaffner and Mucklow. Why not Hancock? I presume she was also questioned? Given that the there were some discrepancies between Flo and Tina (like the colour of the suit) I would have thought the more the better? Again apologies if this has been covered before, but how much (if at all) was Hancock involved in drawing up the sketch/describing Cooper?

According to the Bill Gulick account referenced above
Brian Ingram was given "a $500 reward by Northwest
Airlines for finding (the money) which was sweetened
by the Oregon Journal by an additional $250".

This article rates the 'dredging theory' as the best
explanation for how the money got to Tina Bar.

the money

Well, guys - The Fat Lady is starting to Sing. Soon there will be nothing left but for the chorus to come in with the finally.

:)Hide it in plain site.

I found one last thing - got to thinking about where I found that old book and the picture inside of it. There was one more item - in plain site all of this time. Another book.

In this book where connections to WA, ID, OR, B.C. and CA. The other item he had place on my shelf in 1990...I had used this book, but never paid any attention to something very specific about the book.

I was in the middle of a phone conversation - when the thought occured to me. I was amazed at what had been in front of me all of these yrs.

Perhaps this has no connection to the crime - but, I found it too much of a co-nincidence. Two books, both old. One with a picture in it and the other with names and locations.

I am not going to scan the covers of these books as some have requested I do. I can only speculate as to what these items mean or if they are connected to the crime. Only the FBI and others hold the answers, when and if they identify the items.

I am taking both books to an undisclosed location tomorrow for their existence will be documented and recorded and photographed.
After that they go into a safe deposit box. Perhaps they mean nothing to anyone. Perhaps I am a deranged delusional crazy woman and looking for answers so hard that I am making something out of nothing. I don't think so.

This is the 13th yr of my search and time for me to concentrate on me and my life or what is left of it.
Things aren't looking too rosy right now.

Over the yrs. when I felt I would never find the answers - things would happen - as you know I have referred to The Angel Udell, The River Lady, RobbieClamplett, and so many others who seemed to come to my rescue when I was ready to give up. I didn't ask God for my health - I asked him to help me finish what he put me here for.

The answer was sitting in Plain Site - things Duane knew I would never get rid of. I got the test results on Friday and found the book that evening. I guess in some of your eyes that just proves I am dislusional - perhaps I am!

Does anyone know anything about 4 Federal employees who were supposedly on that fight who were removed separately for the other passengers : Charlie Street, Albert Truitt, Arnold Andvik, Pat Donahoe. I do not believe any of these men where connected to the crime - but, I wonder why they where taken off the plane separately from the rest of the passengers.

I have a picture I need to scan and hope I can come back tonight and edit this post with it. This is of Duane in a uniform with a strange beret type hat. I may have posted it before, but I couldn't find a scan of it on my computer - so maybe it never got posted...but, it seems I did post before.

Jo,

Why must the "fat lady" sing in encrypted verse? I cannot make sense of your post. You found two books, but you will not scan the covers... uh OK, but why not?

Is one the Necromonicron? Just kidding.

Sometimes you make the CIA look straight forward by comparison. Please be more direct.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

In 1974, Sluggo, 377 and our "Dan Cooper" worked on a project to develop nuclear weapons in South Africa.

The initial funding and research started in 1971, with the proceeds from the Cooper hijack. This was transferred to Carl De Wet and JW de Villiers on Dec 1, 1971. At that time, only 377, Sluggo, and "Dan Cooper" worked in the weapons development program.

The total cost of the program grew, totalling approximately $300 million in '95 dollars. This was funded with gold from secret mines in Johnannesburg. The uranium was taken from the same mines.

A Boeing 727, had been purchased from the US early in 1971, with a modified aft stair. This same 727 eventually was the delivery vehicle used for a successful 3-5 kiloton test over the Indian Ocean in September 1979.

"Dan Cooper" know about the aft stairs capability because of this, although the main reason for the hijack was getting the seed money. "Dan" never told the rest of the team where the money came from. The appearance of the money, to everyone, signalled South African government approval (funding), and so people went ahead with the plan. "Dan" also implied there was tacit U.S. approval, thru CIA channels, because the money was US dollars.

This was Dan's secret way to get around the bureaucracies. He knew that if the program got started, it wouldn't end till a successful weapon was developed.

The 727 was used in the September 1974 test over the Indian Ocean to help disguise the test. While US scientists gathered enough data to confirm the nuclear explosion, there was enough fuzziness for plausible deniablity by political leaders of the time.
The science said otherwise:
http://library.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/getfile?00313730.pdf

Four (supposedly) nuclear weapons were built, but all were destroyed and all documentation destroyed from 1992 to 1994.

But it doesn't end there. It has only recently that it's been discovered that there were actually five weapons built. Since all records were destroyed by 1994, there are only three people still alive that know for sure. 377 and Sluggo are two of them.

Orange1, is apparently a member of the National Intelligence Agency, which was formed in 1994 after all documents related to the nuclear weapons were destroyed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Agency

The story I heard, was that Orange1 was researching some economic reports of that era, and found an unpaid bill relating to some tungsten in 1979. The amounts in the bill correlated to 5 weapons. Further information was developed after that.

I cannot comment on the affiliations of Ckret and georger, as officially "I don't know".

I was hired by the NIA as part of the subsequent search for the Fifth Weapon.

I first infiltrated DZ.com in 2000. I've attached a snap of the site from back then (redacted) that was part of my first report to the NIA.

Sluggo was blackballed from the nuclear industry when suspicions first arose. It was recently decided that it would be more controllable to "bring him inside" again before Jo Weber disclosed Duane's possible involvement.

Note: It's Feb 1. January's over!

I'm sure Snow has done enough research to know that uranium is indeed a by-product from gold mining in SA :)
Snow has an interesting blend of facts and fiction there by the way - more fiction than facts of course, but a nice example of how some verifiable things might lead people to conclude that the whole story is true. (Another lesson for this thread, perhaps...)

(Skydiving fact: when jumping at Skydive Cape Town, you can see our local nuclear power station from the air and it is in the background of many photos. The odd wayward - really wayward - skydiver has in fact landed in the grounds, to be met by a very frosty reception.)

Back in the day some Cal Club jumpers were over a cloud later when they exited but were somehow sure of their position. The landed deep inside the Lawrence Livermore nuke weapons lab. The guards FREAKED OUT!! Our boys were lucky to be alive.

Wasn't there some strong localized seismic event off South Africa a long time ago that was correlated with some other nuke blast indicator and world opinion/suspicion pointed to Israel?

Any of you have the secret decoder ring for Jo's last post?

(Skydiving fact: when jumping at Skydive Cape Town, you can see our local nuclear power station from the air and it is in the background of many photos. The odd wayward - really wayward - skydiver has in fact landed in the grounds, to be met by a very frosty reception.)

Back in the day some Cal Club jumpers were over a cloud later when they exited but were somehow sure of their position. The landed deep inside the Lawrence Livermore nuke weapons lab. The guards FREAKED OUT!! Our boys were lucky to be alive.

Wasn't there some strong localized seismic event off South Africa a long time ago that was correlated with some other nuke blast indicator and world opinion/suspicion pointed to Israel?

I charted it - attached -

377, I think this is what you refer to? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_Incident

Georger - lol