47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Mr smartypants FBI agent and Delusional skydivers both weren't

Actually my Mister Smartypants comment wasnt a joke, nor was it being mean, have ya ever had a conversation with him? The dude is smart as can be.

What do you mean I'm smart?...

…what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What? ...

…Smart how? What's smart about me?....

…You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little messed up maybe, but I'm Smart how, I mean smart like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean smart, smart how? How am I smart?...

……you said it. You said I'm smart. How the %^$# am I smart, what the ^%$# is so smart about me? Tell me, tell me what's so smart!

Well, aside from choosing thrills over money (FBI vs that cushy corp security dirtector job) you seem quite intelligent. You haven't robbed a bank and despite considerable pressure, you have declined to skydive, further evidence of a decent IQ.

We all throw money out the door of airplanes every weekend for only a minute of high and a decent chance of death, so how smart are we really?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Actually my Mister Smartypants comment wasnt a joke, nor was it being mean, have ya ever had a conversation with him? The dude is smart as can be.

…You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little messed up maybe, but I'm Smart how, I mean smart like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean smart, smart how? How am I smart?...

……you said it. You said I'm smart. How the %^$# am I smart, what the ^%$# is so smart about me? Tell me, tell me what's so smart!

I already knew you were smart. But, you are also a funny guy. You are funny. You know, the way you tell a story. Its funny.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Friggen show off... jeesh you are starting to act like a skydiver, watch out I think we are rubbing off on you... ohhh "Thats what she said"
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

a few questions about the transcript:

was "knapsack" referring to the rig or something which contained the money?

Reply#: he wanted a knapsack. was in his original request list as distinct from back pack(s), money,
a free pass at the Flamingo in Las Vegas, life raft with 12 hp motor, wadders, rubber diapers, skies and snowshoes and the rest. He never got the knapsack. Guess they forgot it. Nothing I know of
records him complaining about it being forgotten.
One could suppose he wanted a knapsack for the money.

why would Cooper reply to inquiries from the cockpit and say "everything's ok" ? It tells everyone that he hasn't jumped yet which is valuable info to his pursuers.

Reply> Why not? They know he's going to jump.
He knows they know he's going to jump. He wants
them to know he's still on the plane (and a threat) -
that might keep them from coming back to look?
It might feed into whatever uncertainty is left in this
schizophrenic episode, and they want him GONE!.
They can explore but just so much so as not to upset
the King but then go back to holding steady so he can bail and waiting ... by 20:33 I am sure they knew
he was gone ... but if you take the transcripts at face value they were not going to test the situation so they continued to Reno as planned...

oh, and do ya think Hillary can negotiate a truce between Ckret and Snowmman after she gets the Israelis and Palestinians to kiss and make up?

Reply# No. She's too old and Bill will not allow
it in any event. This will take the direct intervention of Carla Bruni.

Georger

Your thoughts Georger?

The knapsack was part of Coopers original request for the money.

I do think Cooper replying that everything is ok was dumb, just like alot of things he did that night.

Not at war with anyone so there is no need for a truce.

Your thoughts Georger?

Reply#: Why me! ? I didn't do anything!

reply]

Why not you? Things are sure quiet - that means the kids are up to SOMETHING.

Someone quoted the transcript as saying that Tina saw him strapping on the knapsack. This is a big puzzle to me - IF he didn't get it why did she say he was strapping it on to him - she says Knapsack?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

reply]

Why not you? Things are sure quiet - that means the kids are up to SOMETHING.

Someone quoted the transcript as saying that Tina saw him strapping on the knapsack. This is a big puzzle to me - IF he didn't get it why did she say he was strapping it on to him - she says Knapsack?

Reply~~~~~

I quoted the transcript, below:

Resume T1 transcript.
7:54 pm t1
MSP: As soon as reasonably sure the man has left the quicker you can land...
305: Roger. Miss Mucklow said he apparently has the knapsack around him and thinks he will attempt a jump.
MSP: Roger. After leaving this freq go to 131.8 we have direct phone patch there (to Company and FBI)
305: Roger.

In the above, it is Scott talking, not Tina. Scott's
use of the term "knapsack"is generic not specific,
an interpretation of what Tina said, ie. 'container full of money, carrier of money' ... not Eddie Bauer Knapsack model No. 34B-V. especially since they
never delievered a knapsack to the plane to be given
to anyone. They forgot it in the panic!

That is my understanding of this matter pending
correction by someone with better facts...

It is very strange to me that you never miss a beat
or a crossed T when it comes to other people's
posts, while a whole camel can pass through the
eye of a needle in your assertions and conjectures,
and its the FBI's fault!.

Whatever happened to your hotel clerk who was going to go to the FBI and explode this case
forever? Your two weeks has elapsed. Not one
word on the world stage. AP, CNN, FOX, and the FBI
are all waiting, Jo.

And with this pending you are worrying about the
word "knapsack"?

Knapsack-shmappsack. We want the clerk!

Please explain why you have let the world down.

Georger

Jo:
there is something we can do to verify whether all the emails you have posted are really coming from China.

I'm starting to think that it's possible they really are. It is possible to set up accounts, so that email is sent from China, while someone is typing into say a browser in the US. So anything we do with expanding the email to see where it's coming from is non-conclusive.

uhh...I'm only familar with faking where things are coming from because of ...ordering male enhancement products..yeah that's it.

In any case, you need to find out how to display extra info in the email. Hopefully the email is still in your email client, not on paper. In your email client, ideally you have to find out out how to view the message source.
(the key part is called the full header, it has the IP addresses of the source and destination..IP addresses have a uniqueness for delivery reasons ..sort of like mail addresses).

If you PM me with the email tool and version you have, I can give you details.

Then we can get the IP address of where the email came from. If you do this yourself, you can obscure the exact email address, so I/we only see the IP address of the email server. That way we can only track it generally, not to a specific user.

Even if the person is in the US using a method of getting email sent from China, it might be informative to understand where in China, since it might be tied to the person's travel habits. It would also be useful for correlating where they've told you they are, with where the email is really coming from.

Depending on how you forwarded the email to Ckret, the email header may not have been preserved. So while the FBI can do this simply as a matter of course, Ckret might have ignored this or not had the right data from you.

So the ball's in your court. You can easily prove you have email from China, without revealing your source.
It's like fingerprints. It can be faked, but I doubt we're dealing with that much sophistication here...

You have to do it, because your computer isn't accessible by outsiders over the 'net. Cough.

Someone quoted the transcript as saying that Tina saw him strapping on the knapsack.

It is very strange to me that you never miss a beat
or a crossed T when it comes to other people's
posts, while a whole camel can pass through the
eye of a needle in your assertions and conjectures,
and its the FBI's fault!.

I just questioned what I have in the past - why she said "knapsack".
A lot has dependended on Tina. I was not question you - but the information. A lot had depended on what Tina said.
==================

Whatever happened to your hotel clerk who was going to go to the FBI and explode this case
forever? Your two weeks has elapsed.

I DO NOT control the FBI. When a witness comes forward the FBI is who has to determine the validity of the statement. Due to current circumstances regarding the witness - I would think the FBI would not involve or disclose a statement until it need be.

Please explain why you have let the world down.

ME, let the world down! Come on the world thinks I am crazy. I am eager to find out what Hollywood is doing with their documentary and what new information CARR is going to reveal.

I spoke with someone in WA tonight and there is a rumor about the FBI finding a partial print on the clip ---I really question that after who knows how many people have handled that clip over the past 37 yrs.

Georger, if you had been in my shoes in 2000 and the FBI agent lied to you about something you had documentation on - just how would you feel about the FBI eight (8) yrs later? Would you just lay on the ground and let them kick you around - nope - you are the kind of guy who would have come up off the ground fighting.

The diffence between you and I - you would re-act the way you were trained to, but I re-act with my heart and I do wear my heart on my sleeve.

I can asure you that his email came from China. When the current circumstances improve things will happen. Right now the delay is circumstances beyond the control of the FBI, the witness or me.

Thanks for the offer anyway but, I have more than an email.

Really want to know what the heck the FBI is up to...probably more of the same thing. Me, I have been busy and thankfully for the computer I can go places I could never go before. I've been to a great city talking to the historians and to every government official and sleuth I can find...

I have hit the streets without even going there - but it is hard to explain to someone what you saw 29 yrs ago, but if you have pictures it really helps.

I can asure you that his email came from China. When the current circumstances improve things will happen. Right now the delay is circumstances beyond the control of the FBI, the witness or me.

Thanks for the offer anyway but, I have more than an email.

Really want to know what the heck the FBI is up to...probably more of the same thing. Me, I have been busy and thankfully for the computer I can go places I could never go before. I've been to a great city talking to the historians and to every government official and sleuth I can find...

I have hit the streets without even going there - but it is hard to explain to someone what you saw 29 yrs ago, but if you have pictures it really helps.

"It's a dirty job" (John Wayne)
".... or I'll do the job, you dirty rat" (Jimmy Cagney
1944)

Good luck Little Red Wing.

Georger

Georger- The "knapsack" was really the money bag, tied shut with one piece of paracord cut from the good reserve; with a handle/shoulder strap made from the other piece (2 approx 15' lengths cut from good reserve). This was discussed at some length quite a while ago. Look in posts 260-290 or so of this thread and about 715 or so in the first Cooper thread (post 20 on this thread has a link to the 1st thread, and there is a link to 719/1st thread in about 285 or so)

Lots of good info about the bag, how Cooper tied it off, all that. Tina had a pretty good view, and gave good descriptions.

Don't you guys remember each and every word in all 6000 posts?? Me either.[:/]

377 and Jo- Don't you know what's going on??
The 37th anniversary is coming up and someone posting here has figured out how Cooper did it, and is planning a repeat.
Ckret found out about the plan from library withdrawls and telephone monitoring. He will be on the plane to foil the plot. Even though the original Cooper will never be caught, Ckret will be a hero for catching the copycat. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was surprised to find some references to using early chest reserves without a cutaway on the main. Here at DZ.com on another thread, there's even some pics of someone landing back in the day with a fully deployed main and chest reserve (both rounds).

I'd be interested in hearing any stories about people deploying a chest reserve without a pilot chute, without a main cutaway.

I also received written instructions with this chest reserve I got. It was an old one. No pilot chute.

"If your main fails to fully inflate (and your ass is sucking 90 mph of wind at 2 grand), throw away your ripcord. Hold your left hand over your (belly mounted) reserve and pull the reserve ripcord with your right hand. Throw the ripcord away. Allow pack to open sufficiently to feed reserve into both hands. (Simultaneously while you're shitting yourself,) Look to see in which direction you're spinning. Throw reserve into the spin (and see how
much of an atheist you are now, MFer). If reserve fails to inflate (kiss your ass goodbye), pull reserve back into your arms and try again (to keep yourself distracted before impact)."

Since I couldn't figure out how to kiss my ass goodbye while shitting myself and doing all the above, would I be a total whuffo if I just said fuckit and figured my chances were about the same with just the main?

377 and Jo- Don't you know what's going on??
The 37th anniversary is coming up and someone posting here has figured out how Cooper did it, and is planning a repeat.
Ckret found out about the plan from library withdrawls and telephone monitoring. He will be on the plane to foil the plot. Even though the original Cooper will never be caught, Ckret will be a hero for catching the copycat. ;)

In response to the question: "don't you know what's going on?" Nahh, just ask my teenage daughter. She thinks her dad never really knows what is going on.

Not too many 727s flying passengers these days, in fact I don't know of any US airlines that still use them for pax. So that leaves DC 9s/ MD 80s. How will a copycat deal with the Cooper Vane?

Maybe they plan to hijack the Perris DC 9-21? What would the ransom demand be? Most jumpers would demand Melanie (Perris DZO) as a hostage for sure.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I was surprised to find some references to using early chest reserves without a cutaway on the main. Here at DZ.com on another thread, there's even some pics of someone landing back in the day with a fully deployed main and chest reserve (both rounds).

I'd be interested in hearing any stories about people deploying a chest reserve without a pilot chute, without a main cutaway.

I also received written instructions with this chest reserve I got. It was an old one. No pilot chute.

"If your main fails to fully inflate (and your ass is sucking 90 mph of wind at 2 grand), throw away your ripcord. Hold your left hand over your (belly mounted) reserve and pull the reserve ripcord with your right hand. Throw the ripcord away. Allow pack to open sufficiently to feed reserve into both hands. (Simultaneously while you're shitting yourself,) Look to see in which direction you're spinning. Throw reserve into the spin (and see how
much of an atheist you are now, MFer). If reserve fails to inflate (kiss your ass goodbye), pull reserve back into your arms and try again (to keep yourself distracted before impact)."

Since I couldn't figure out how to kiss my ass goodbye while shitting myself and doing all the above, would I be a total whuffo if I just said fuckit and figured my chances were about the same with just the main?

Snowmman, you buying gear??? Careful now, that's how you get addicted.

Other than the chance of the reserve fouling the main, as I understand landing 2 rounds was not an issue and I have read descriptions of how to do a canopy transfer i.e. to first deploy the reserve and THEN cut away the main. I've seen video of doing this with a square main and round reserve as well. Maybe some of the oldtimers can comment and give us an anecdote or two. I'm not sure how bad the issues of fouling would have been given the placement of the canopies(front and back vs one above the other in today's containers). Landing a 2-out with squares is different because of the possibility of a downplane which you wouldn't get with rounds, but we are all trained to assess and deal with the situation (whether or not to cut the main away - bearing in mind it could foul the reserve as it goes - and how to land with 2 canopies if you don't).
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Snowmman, you buying gear??? Careful now, that's how you get addicted.

no..it's not worth it. Like I said, you can't find an LBJ rubber mask online. Nowhere. If someone can, please post.

Ckret bought up all the Point Break president masks as a preventative measure. Crime control takes foresight, planning and strategy. You can't just react. His buying spree only cost the taxpayers a few thousand and the savings on trials and prisoner upkeep will be huge. As a taxpayer, I aplaud him.

We've talked before about how eyewitness testimony can be wrong.

Now I don't know Jamey. I'm sure some of you do.

And I have no mean intentions here. But like I said, "The Web never forgets". At the very least, we can dissect this next bit.

Basically, the post below is wrong in a number of regards (apparently). Although Jamey claims he was there, and him being Jamey gives him credibility. I think he just got some secondhand information mixed up over the years.

I was looking at this mainly because I couldn't find out what a Pioneer Type 226 rig was. If someone has a url that describes anything about "Type 226", please post.

in 1997, Jamey Woxxxxxx posted to rec.skydiving, in reply to a question about the Cooper rig:

Lucky me, I happened to be there when the Washington State Patrol came roaring in and demanded 4 parachutes, 3 good ones and one bad one. Earl Cossey, the master rigger on duty, gave them 2 pilot emergency rigs and two chest mount reserves, one of which was totally unairworthy and used only in our student hanging harness simulator. (Incidentally, that rig was left on board the aircraft and for years afterwards we used it in training day in and day out. It was labelled "DO NOT JUMP - DB COOPER").

Interestingly, neither of the pilot rigs had D rings on the harness to allow the reserve to be attached to it. One of them had been deployed down the aisle of the aircraft, and he jumped the other one. Both reserves were left aboard. He left the aircraft with only one parachute on.