47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Taking a closer look at Cossey.

Did Coss lie about owning the back parachutes? Further, what was Earl Cossey's full role in Norjak. The following chapter explores these issues.

Chapter 7
The Murder of Earl Cossey

On Friday April 26, 2013, Cooper World was shocked to learn that Earl Cossey had been murdered in his home in Woodinville, Washington. His body was found by his adult daughter in his garage. Coss was 71.

Officials with the King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) said that Cossey was killed by a blow to the head, but their PIO, Sgt Cindi West, declined to describe where on the skull he had been struck, or by what kind of instrument.

"We're not releasing that kind of information at this time," she said.

Months later, the cops are still mum.

The KCSO said that Coss’ last contact with his family was several days earlier -on Monday, April 22, 2013 when he went to a movie with a family member. In addition, the police declared that Coss had been killed the next day, Tuesday, April 26, and had lain undiscovered for the following three days.

The looming question in the Cooper investigation is whether Coss was killed because of his involvement in Norjak. Is his murder linked to the fact that his credibility has crumbled in the past few years from the issues discussed in the previous chapter?

Was Cossey deemed a “loose end” by a Norjak puppet master who controls the investigation and wanted to keep a possible cover-up intact?

I posed that question directly to Sgt West, and she said her department had discussed the DB Cooper connection with the FBI.

"I have had many calls asking if this case is related to the DB Cooper case,” she told me, adding: “We have NO information that leads us to believe that this case has any relation to the Cooper case.'”

Cossey’s death, even if it was for mundane reasons like interrupting a burglary or an angry ex, has brought intense scrutiny to his role in the Norjak investigation, which appears increasingly deceptive. This in turn tarnishes the image of the FBI, which had a real but an amorphous relationship with Cossey.

In my view, Cossey’s death requires us to take a much closer look at his relationship with the FBI and his pronouncements about the parachutes and Cooper’s skydiving abilities.

Cossey may not have had a formal partnership with the FBI, but he was clearly their go-to-guy for parachute questions. Whenever I asked an agent or the PIO about parachutes they directed me to Coss.

“That’s the kind of question you should ask Earl Cossey,” PIO Robbie Burroughs told me in 2009 when I inquired about the Amboy chute, the mysterious parachute found buried in the woods near Amboy, Washington, the heart of Cooper’s purported LZ.

I wasn’t the only one to call Coss, as he told me that he had been “hammered” by media requests regarding the Amboy chutes when I spoke with him.

“I’ve gotten about thirty or forty calls already,” he told me.

Cossey told me that the Amboy chute did not make that fateful ride aboard Flight 305 because it was too large and was a cargo chute.

But he proudly told me about spoofing the Oregonian over the Amboy chute, and in recent years, Cossey has left a long trail of deception and misleading statements.

When I asked for a clarification on his original story that he had stuffed a 28-foot canopy into an NB-6 container rather than the larger NB-8 sack, he told me the stuffing story was “pretty much accurate.” He later said that the tightly-packed rig was another reason why this chute, the one Cooper allegedly used, was a hard pull.

But in a follow-up interview, Cossey told me that he had no idea how the NB-6 story got started.

Along those lines, Cossey has never explained why he modified a pilot’s emergency rig to make it more difficult to use, requiring “a double-pull.” This meant that Cooper would need two tugs on the rip cord to successfully deploy the rig – one out of the pouch and a second up and away to free the canopy.

Coss also told me that he never discussed the technical aspects of the Cooper jump or the parachutes with the FBI, yet that statement is false. Special Agent Larry Carr made many posts on the DZ that described his interactions with Cossey.

“I like that guy, I could have talked to him all day but he grew tired of me in about an hour.” (Carr posted this statement at the DZ on June 12, 2008 concerning an earlier phone conversation with Cossey).

Further, Carr never read the FBI parachute files, apparently, and believed Cossey at his word that he owned the chutes. Carr also accepted the hairball notion that Cossey had stuffed an over-sized canopy into the smaller NB-6 container.

“…I asked Cossey why he packed a 28-foot canopy in the NB6 and he just shrugged. Kind of like, ‘it was my chute; I did it because I can.’” Carr wrote on June 12, 2008.

Carr also believed Cossey’s claim that not only did he own the back chutes but he had them in his home when the call came in from Northwest Orient.
“The NB-6 and the Pioneer were Cossey's chutes, he had them at his house, they weren't at Seattle Skysports….” (6. 12. 08).

And again:
“The two backpacks came from Cossey, from Cossey's house.” (6. 14. 08).

Similarly:
“Cooper jumped with a chute that had obviously been modified for one individual, it's (sic) owner.” (6. 13. 08).

Carr also confirmed that Cossey had told the FBI in writing that one chute was an NB-6.

“In Cossey's statement to the FBI on 11/26/1971, 4th paragraph: ‘...he described the missing back pack parachute as having a sage green nylon container, model NB6 with sage green nylon harness, which harness has no "D" rings to mount a chest pack.’” (December 17, 2007).

Yet, Cossey emphatically told me that he had provided an NB-8 when I spoke with him in October 2011.

In addition, Carr was also confused about the larger picture; as he reverts to the official FBI documents regarding the transport of the back chutes and does not fully support Cossey’s version of how they got to Sea-Tac.

“The chutes were secured through NWA's Seattle flight operations. The flight ops manager called an individual from Pacific Aviation who in turn called an individual he knew who had two back packs. This person put the two back packs in a cab and the cab driver delivered them to Boeing Field and then onto Sea-Tac by private car.” (12. 17. 07).

Again Carr straddles the fence:
"Yes we have the serial numbers and interviewed the rigger. One chute was returned to its owner, two were never found and one is in evidence." (1. 1. 08).

However, Cossey did not tell me if he received his not-used chute back from the FBI or NWO, only that he was paid for it by Northwest Airlines. But he told Geoffrey that he hadn’t received any of his chutes back from either the FBI or the airlines, which challenges Carr’s above statement.

As for his analysis of the survivability of the jump, Cossey’s family says he completely changed his mind on that subject as well.

Richard Bowyer, Coss’ former brother-in-law, told reporter Graham Johnson of KIRO news in 2013 that in the days immediately following the skyjacking Coss had told him that he thought Cooper had made it.

Geoffrey Gray also says that Cossey had claimed the jump was not too difficult, and Geoff posted the following in his funerary tribute to Cossey at his www.huntfordbcooper.com web site:

“During a time when many in the Bureau were convinced that Cooper never survived the jump, Cossey met with agents and told them the jump wasn’t as perilous as they thought. Cossey’s opinion was that Cooper could have survived the jump, even with minimal parachuting experience.”

Geoffrey also penned a revisionist account on Cossey for the May 3, 2013 issue of Esquire Magazine, where he seems to recast Coss as a firm proponent for Cooper surviving his jump. In the piece titled, “The Man Who Believed in DB Cooper,” Geoffrey presents a remarkable different view of Earl Cossey than mine:

“As an expert skydiver in the area, Cossey was summoned to see Bureau agents in the days after Cooper disappeared. At the time, according to the Bureau’s original Cooper case files, many of the lead agents hunting for the hijacker were convinced that Cooper was a master skydiver if he indeed pulled off the jump. Agents were so gung-ho on this theory they went through over 14,000 registration cards for skydivers in the Pacific Northwest. The Bureau even sent undercover agents to a skydiving contest across the border to Canada to look for suspects.

“The feds were wrong though, Cossey said. Cooper didn’t need to be a pro skydiver to pull off the jump. According to documents that outline his Bureau interviews, Cossey told agents that with only six or seven jumps with an instructor the hijacker could have landed safely in the forests of the Pacific Northwest.”

These characterizations are in profound contrast to the vehemence with which Cossey told me Cooper was a no-pull and “augured” into the ground.

So, why would someone murder Earl Cossey? Just to protect some vague negative impact on the FBI’s public image?

Or is something more pernicious? Here is one hypothesis:

Suppose Cossey knew someone who had an interest in controlling the Norjak narrative because they wanted to protect a bigger secret.

Suppose this "puppet master" overtly or covertly encouraged Coss to develop a story line that proved DB Cooper was inept and probably dead, thus tamping down the public’s belief that Cooper was a hero and “beat the man,” and also reduce the possibility of pesky reporters catching the scent of a cover-up.

Remember, Cossey was clearly viewed by the FBI as a parachute expert, so his analysis of the chutes and the conditions of the jump could be a valuable foundation upon which to spin the Norjak story away from Cooper being a hero.

Suppose that with that insight Coss had knowledge of how the FBI really conducted its investigation.

Suppose that information gets us closer to understanding why so much evidence has been lost and who lost it?

However, as Coss' analysis became increasingly suspect he began to look like the fool, not DB Cooper.

Suppose Coss realized that he had been duped, or worse, had affixed his reputation to a sinking ship.
Suppose that the puppet master didn't trust Coss to keep his secrets any longer.

Would that be a reason to kill him?

BruceSmith

Taking a closer look at Cossey.

Did Coss lie about owning the back parachutes? Further, what was Earl Cossey's full role in Norjak. The following chapter explores these issues.

In two cars a blue and gray or grey
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

Bruce, I remember reading the mountain news were you said the chute was 34 feet I believe in diameter? who confirmed this size?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

GreyCopGC148

***Taking a closer look at Cossey.

In two cars a blue and gray or grey

Not sure. Brian confused me on this point, but I let it go as it's a minor detail.

BruceSmith

***Bruce, I remember reading the mountain news were you said the chute was 34 feet I

believe in diameter? who confirmed this size?

34-foot is what I got from Cossey. No other corroboration. I assume diameter.

so then he must of looked at the chute longer than 10 seconds?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

***Bruce, I remember reading the mountain news were you said the chute was 34 feet I

believe in diameter? who confirmed this size?

34-foot is what I got from Cossey. No other corroboration. I assume diameter.

so then he must of looked at the chute longer than 10 seconds?

That would seem logical.

BruceSmith

"...Bruce when you get 3 different versions do you want to know which one is right . I can tell you..."

Please do.

The 4th one that the FBI and I can't tell you
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

GreyCopGC148

"...Bruce when you get 3 different versions do you want to know which one is right . I can tell you..."

Please do.

You will love DB COOPER vs the GRAY COP out soon

Whos prop. Before PDX? No one will get this one no one . I was shocked

PS JO DW said ......the Graaaaaayyyyy COooooop not I was cooper

Written by Paul Geivett

Thanks, I'm trying to recall everything. Blevins is stating only Cossey looked at the chute. I found reasons not to believe that, same goes for smoke99.

Oregonlive.com posted this:

The conclusion was based "on the totality of the information," Seattle FBI spokeswoman Robbie Burroughs said, and not just the opinion of Earl Cossey, the FAA-certified parachute rigger who packed each of the four parachutes that were handed over to Cooper on Nov. 24, 1971.
"Other parachute experts were consulted," Burroughs said, including some who steeped forward to help the FBI after the parachute's discovery was announced last week.

that appears to be more than one other person looking at the chute. looks like multiple experts came forward, or stepped up.

Katu.com says this:

Cossey, who sold parachutes at a skydiving operation in Issaquah in the 1970s, had provided the chutes that the FBI gave Cooper. He told The Columbian of Vancouver that the newly found chute ''absolutely, for sure'' could not have been one of the four that he provided.

''The D.B. Cooper parachute was made of nylon,'' he said. ''This 1945 parachute was made of silk.''

FBI Agent Robert A. Burroughs in Seattle said Monday that agents had not ruled out the possibility that the chute was from Cooper.

''We haven't made a determination one way or the other yet,'' Burroughs said. ''We're still in the process of finishing up what investigative steps we think are necessary to feel certain about calling it one way or the other.''

that statement alone shows they didn't just rely on Cossey's conclusion.

GreyCopGC148

Please do.

You will love DB COOPER vs the GRAY COP out soon

Whos prop. Before PDX? No one will get this one no one . I was shocked

PS JO DW said ......the Graaaaaayyyyy COooooop not I was cooper

Or Greeeeeeyyyyy COPpppeerrr I'm not sure

Written by Paul Geivett

"Look...I will have to dig this article out of files, fine. But the Seattle FBI, in one of the final press appearances they did on Amboy, said experts were consulted by telephone ONLY. And it was the same day when they said they would not discuss it further. Can't remember if it was Laura Laughlin or Robbie Burroughs who said this. I think it was Laughlin, though."

you need to start digging, I'm not finding it. look at the edited portion of my post.

lot earlier than here. I hope you don't use the term "poof" if you don't find an article that should be online. trust me I'll remind ya ;)

by the way...those are direct quotes from the FBI.....

RobertMBlevins

***Thanks, I'm trying to recall everything. Blevins is stating only Cossey looked at the chute. I found reasons not to believe that, same goes for smoke99.

Oregonlive.com posted this:

The conclusion was based "on the totality of the information," Seattle FBI spokeswoman Robbie Burroughs said, and not just the opinion of Earl Cossey, the FAA-certified parachute rigger who packed each of the four parachutes that were handed over to Cooper on Nov. 24, 1971.
"Other parachute experts were consulted," Burroughs said, including some who steeped forward to help the FBI after the parachute's discovery was announced last week.

that appears to be more than one other person looking at the chute. looks like multiple experts came forward, or stepped up.

Look...I will have to dig this article out of files, fine. But the Seattle FBI, in one of the final press appearances they did on Amboy, said experts were consulted by telephone ONLY. And it was the same day when they said they would not discuss it further. Can't remember if it was Laura Laughlin or Robbie Burroughs who said this. I think it was Laughlin, though.

The problem I have with this scenario is that pictures were released, and I haven't seen anyone here at Dropzone yet who can come to any definite conclusions on the parachute. And there are some pretty sharp parachute whiz-kids around here. How could 'outside experts' determine the truth on that chute over the phone?

I don't bug the Seattle FBI too much, but I have sent them occasional letters or messages. Maybe twice a year. The only one they ever ignored (I would usually get a phone call or an email or both in reply) was my VERY POLITE letter about the Amboy chute.

It's after 11PM here, but I will make a serious effort to link you to the article in the next day or two. I think I have that one printed up in files anyway.

The chute was a hoax in my op. .I have been up pup creek rd to the spot
The chut was alleged to still be attached to some thing in the ground
But the kids had cut it free and Larry Carr was half way here by then
And when he got there the kids were gone there was nothing
in the ground . Chute was to old Dad was plowing the road and allegedly snaged the corner and the kid found it later and pulled it up and cut it free
Sorry about the spelling

Written by Paul Geivett

that's speculation again Robert. "people we spoke to" meaning more than one. the more than one all seem to have the same conclusion. the FBI stated "it just didn’t look like it was the right kind of parachute in any way,” meaning multiple issues were found. you doing what Jo does, you just don't want to believe anything other than what you believe.

I'm not working out in the field until next week. I got time....conspiracies are tough to prove. I mentioned this once before....Good Luck B|

'The Amboy parachute was not available during the inspection (of the other evidence) and it was not clear if that evidence was archived in the Seattle FBI office. We concur with others who originally forwarded the idea, that the Amboy chute is not silk but a first generation nylon parachute. The research team has a standing offer with the FBI to return to Amboy and excavate the location where it was discovered. (Could mean they asked to see it, or to be allowed access to dig site and were refused on both) To this date the only available information on the sewn-closed reserve chute that Cooper left the plane with, was that it was white in color. The Amboy Chute remains an item of significant interest...'

Of course it does.

are you still trying to claim Tom tried to get access to the chute? did you look at the photo I provided yesterday? here it is again.

just in case you didn't look at the photo. I spoke with Tom the other night. he said they didn't see the chute, or ask to see the chute. he went on to say the reason was that it was dismissed.

RobertMBlevins

***that's speculation again Robert. "people we spoke to" meaning more than one. the more than one all seem to have the same conclusion. the FBI stated "it just didn’t look like it was the right kind of parachute in any way,” meaning multiple issues were found. you doing what Jo does, you just don't want to believe anything other than what you believe.

I'm not working out in the field until next week. I got time....conspiracies are tough to prove. I mentioned this once before....Good Luck B|

I don't think it was a conspiracy. I just think Cossey blew them off with that story because he was motivated to do so. I don't think the FBI knows for sure WHAT the chute is, or from where it came before it was buried. Pictures of that chute are available galore, and have been seen here at Dropzone multiple times. I haven't seen anyone here step up, even after seeing the pictures, and make any ID on it. So how can you do it over the phone?

Two words: Citizen Sleuths

Robert, you created a consipracy. you are claiming Cossey is covering something up.

Conspiracy (civil), an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage

"people we spoke to" doesn't always mean by telephone.

Didn't say I 'emailed' or 'interviewed' him. Said I sent him a letter with several pictures and a cover letter. I did sort of stall on that, yes. Couldn't really decide what I should say in the cover letter. But after I was reminded about this a couple of days ago...I finally had Gayla mail it out on Monday. He should receive it in the next couple of days.

THIS is exactly what WE all expected.
Blevins - time to CHECK OUT! Really!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins DID YOU SAY THIS?

U REALLY said THIS - you never sent the package to Mitchell!
Oh MY GOD!

You bragged about it on this thread & to Vickie & others - HOW many FRICKING times did you say you sent it & NOW you are cornered - OH MY! YOU are one BIG looser. I never wanted to believe you were as bad as other poster stated, but NOW - it is obvious you have lied & lied on this thread - NOTHING is real any more.

HOW many yrs have YOU cost REAL people doing REAL work....people with more than just a vested interest - but people like myself and Vickie - you are a FRAUD!

Please GO find a ROCK in a Desert & CRAW under it! PLEASE go away & never WASTE another precious moment of the lives & memories some us hold on to with all of our might. of the precious life & memories some of us hold on to with all of our might.

You deliberately lied about something so insignifcant and then when you are CORNERED by individuals REALLY doing what they claimed - YOU then meekly admit you didn't do this or that - the point is you didn't just not do it - YOU DELIBERATELY LIED!

YOU have WASTE enough time of those of US who ARE REALLY looking for answers. I REALLY hope you are exposed & NO ONE will ever buys any book you ever write. HOW can you even hold your head up and come back to this thread? THERE is one damn thing about JO - she has NEVER deliberately told a lie in all of these yrs - other than little teases and everyone knew when I was doing that. Sometimes I got confused about FACTS and the technical stuff - BUT I DID not deliberately lie - just to make someone pay attention to me - and that is ALL you are - a child telling a story so MAMA will give him some attentions!

Folks I am sorry - there are stories and there is out and out fraud accomplished by telling WHOPPERS to get attention or sell a book and it makes me sick to my stomach. I just can't stop SHAKING my head in dismay and disgust!

I realize you guys don't believe me most of the time - but, I know I am telling what I know in the best way I can - and I try to always be truthful - even when it sounds ridiculous. I cared when someone called me a liar - but, I knew I was telling what I did know to the best of my ability and only in a tease would I jokingly lie...you will usually see a smiley about that time.

ALl the technical stuff was over my head - but when I got it I got it - it took the switches being thrown by everyone multiple time & sometimes after a lapse of a yr or two....rehashing old stuff....

Robert99

Explain something to me. If the 2 chutes packed for Hayden by Cossey were IDENTICAL other than the container - why has Cossey gone on record stating one was a 28 ft and the other a 26 ft ? Or was Cossey talking about the 2 chutes he sent over which I understand did NOT make it to the skyjacker or the plane.

Another question - if Hayden owned the 2 chutes provided to the Skyjacker - WHY has it been publized Cossey provided the chutes? This is very confusing!
Bare in mind WE are NOT discussing the 2 front pacs from Issaqua - they are out of the picture at least for this line of questioning.

I need clarification on this.

Also - Why would Cossey pack Hayden's chute with a left hand pull unless Hayden requested it.

NOW does anyone understand why the CHUTE thing is confusing?

Does anyone find any of the above confusing - I do. This information was recent sent to me, but for DUMB OLE WOMAN - is seems to contradict Cossey completely. I believe I need to find all of my old information that Cossey himself sent to me.

It would be on disks or in hard copies - and the things I had on the computer - between 2000 and 2004 - I lost everything on my first computer, but I did print ALL of the important ones out as I was going - I did NOT understand BACK-up...but,after 2004 - I learned to understand BACK-UP!

Jo, You need to mend some fences with Bruce Smith. He is the thread's expert on the subject of the hijacking parachutes. Surely you remember that he posted some lengthy articles with pictures of those parachutes some time back.

I have no idea what Cossey would say about the parachutes, assuming he said anything in the first place.

On the matter of the left-hand pull, Cossey would not make that change unless requested by Hayden, or whoever owned the parachute. And for an emergency parachute, the only reason for a left-hand pull is that the owner and normal wearer of the parachute is left handed.

While I have seen skydivers with right-hand pull ripcords mounted on the right side of the body, that has now apparently gone the way of ripcords in general with respect to serious skydivers.

Robert99

ROBERT99 READ what I said:

Hayden sent 2 chutes that had been packed by Cossey! BOTH chutes identical with diffent containers.

Robert - what is that telling you?

Cossey says he sent 2 chutes and one was with a left hand pull.
So that is 2 more chutes.

Hayden was reimbursed for his chute

Cossey was reimbursed for a chute.

Yet, it was supposedly Hayden's chute Cooper used.

Why would Cossey get paid for a chute if neither of his were used?

Hayden 2 chutes
Cossey 2 chutes

Forget the front chutes they are not important other than what happened to the dummy chute.
Did Cooper use it for something?

I could care less what BRUCE wrote he cannot write anything FACTUAL as he has to FLOWER It to his way of thinking & believe you me he can mess things up. Have YOU ever read what he wrote about Tina!

LOOK and READ what he did to TINA and her sister and brother-in-law and YOU call him a WRITER - no way. An Inquirer reporter - yea!

If he is writing a book about a real crime - believe U me it will just be another freak story...I told him to LEAVE me out of the BOOK entirely!

I have been a VICTIM of his lies and story telling - therefore I do NOT believe a word he says. I catch you lieing and abusing someone 1st time - you don't get a second chance.

Robert, first of all it doesn't mean he looked at it and left after 10 seconds. many people look at things at first and say things like "I knew right off the bat"

'Silk not nylon?' 'the totality of the evidence?' 'I own it, so I can identify it?'

that aapears to be be several quotes into one. source please"

“It’s the right place, it’s the right color and it appears to be the right size,” said Special Agent Robbie Burroughs of the F.B.I. office in Seattle"

now you are quoting someone who is also an expert like yourself on chutes? please provide the link showing where they say "zone A"

if you look at this photo it breaks down the area's by numbers. area 2 would be where the Amboy chute was.

please provide the link or document containing the exact quotes you are giving.

Thank You

I found the link and the quote is correct. however you left part of it OUT! Agent Burroughs goes on to say the following.

"Then again, Ms. Burroughs said, “it’s hard to say that because it’s so tied up in knots and it’s quite deteriorated.”

If it was tied up into knots how did she know it was the right size? she sounds like you by jumping to conclusions. B|

Robert, you seem to have a pattern of leaving things out while trying to prove things. the first quote about Agent Burroughs you left out the fact of her not being certain about the things she said about the chute. the next quote about Cossey and the now famous 10 second draw also has more to the story.

In the same article where Cossey mentions how quick he ID'd the chute Agent Carr goes on to say the following.

"Larry Carr, the special agent in charge of the case out of the FBI's Seattle field office, said the FBI couldn't confirm anything tonight. The FBI wants to take one more step Tuesday, Carr said, and then may be ready to comment."

this was on March 31, 2008. you are claiming they came to conclusion based on Cossey alone which is incorrect.

you quoted this:

"Lastly, within 48 hours of Cossey's examination, the Seattle FBI dismissed the chute as not being Cooper's, giving only 'silk not nylon' and 'a totality of the information' as their only answers. They also said they would no longer discuss it.

1) Cossey concluded on Friday March 31, 2008
2) Larry Carr quoted "one more step Tuesday, Carr said, and then may be ready to comment."
3) Friday to Tuesday is not 48 hours
4) whats the word you like to use? "cherry pick"
5) you mislead the public by stating Tom Kaye was refused access to the chute.
6) you leave out key parts after you quote something.
7) you still haven't shown where they refuse to discuss the find.

what is this now 4 or 5 pages going over this ridiculous conspiracy theory about this chute being used on flight 305. did Cossey lie to Bruce when he said the canopy was 34 feet in diameter and the FBI didn't have a tape measure to verify themselves?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/03/newfound_parachute_not_from_sk.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/us/27chute.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss