47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Hi Everyone,

I have posted my latest chapter on DB Cooper, which is an in-depth look at the resurgence, examining the impact of the Internet, open-sourced sleuthing, and the legacy of Larry Carr. I also profile Jo in depth, which has earned me a 4,000 word rebuttal from her, and you can only imagine the angry phone message! (Ah, our Jo,,,smile.)

` The clicky thingy is dingy...

[url]http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/02/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-an-in-depth-look-at-the-resurgence-to-solve-americas-most-mysterious-skyjacking/#more-6450[url/]

4000 words - BULL SHIT!

I took your paragraph and corrected you STUPID errors and I can prove it ! THAT IS A DIRECT LIE!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Duane and I made NO stops on the Portland side. THe stops we made where on the Vancouver side.

I am not needy or whiny - I am a strong woman and I have put up with a lot. Right now MY BLOOD is boiling.

THE ONLY REASON ANY one came into the room was because DUANE said "Fuck, Let it die with me" and in a very very loud angry voice. The nurse came into see what was wrong.

Duane made stops on the VANCOUVER side and HE did NOT go to the WATER on the Portland sided. The first stop on the return trip IN Portland from Seattle was a location West of the airport of of the EVERGREEN HWY across from the PDX but ON THE VANCOVER side. The stop was EAST of the Winterly Park.

The second stop was at the GREEN TANK, THe 3rd stop was at Tina's bar and the 4 th stop was at the RED LION.

Prior to getting to VANCOUVER was a side trip WAY before we got to VANCOUVER..... around Longwood we cross a very large bridge - over the OREGON side and when down to a small town where he went into a shop to see a woman he knew - The woman who had the antique store was not there and that is what he went to see this other woman about..

Then we went back NORTH and crossed that LONG bridge back over to the WA side and continued on into Vancouver.

Bruce's comments about me are HOW myths are born and HOW people like him create MYTHS.

Well, he doesn't have shit to sue for - his living conditions I have heard are deplorable. With the way he SLANDERS people on the this thread and IN this site - IS what keeps the myth going.

I did expect him to tell the truth and not to TWIST AND TURN things I said. My BLOOD is boiling and I have to take some medication -

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY BRUCE SMITH. YOU PROBAGATED A LIE AND FOR WHAT REASON.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE DAMN clue what is really going on.

SEE HOW SCREWED UP PEOPLE ARE - NO ONE LISTENS TO DAMN THING - THEY WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. THESE JOURNALIST WRITE WHAT THEY WANT - NOT THE TRUTH. THEY HEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. BRUCE WOULD NOT DARE LIE ABOUT HIS SUSPECT - DRAYTON.

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY TINA, AND THE CO-PILOT DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE.....LIES AND MISINTERPERTATIONS LIKE THE ONE BRUCE JUST POSTED!

I can't take anymore of this - NO MORE. I had done NOTHING but try to tell what I know and all I get is persecuted over and over and over.

Hi Everyone,

I have posted my latest chapter on DB Cooper, which is an in-depth look at the resurgence, examining the impact of the Internet, open-sourced sleuthing, and the legacy of Larry Carr. I also profile Jo in depth, which has earned me a 4,000 word rebuttal from her, and you can only imagine the angry phone message! (Ah, our Jo,,,smile.)

` The clicky thingy is dingy...

http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/02/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-an-in-depth-look-at-the-resurgence-to-solve-americas-most-mysterious-skyjacking/#more-6450

4000 words - BULL SHIT!

I took your paragraph and corrected you STUPID errors and I can prove it ! THAT IS A DIRECT LIE!

In the interest of self-preservation, maybe I should point out that the only thing I did to the above was correct an error so the clicky would work. Bruce and Jo did the rest.

Robert99

I don't know where Tom's "center" is Georger. Sorry.

One thing I do know about dredgers is that they cut corners. There are designated offshore areas for dumping dredge spoils. Many times when it was foggy we'd see dumps taking place far inshore. It saved time and nobody on shore could see the shortcut. I saw shortcuts taken by commercial dredge barges and big Army Corps of Engineers dredges too.

The point is don't assume that plans indicate reality. Look where the spoils dumps really happened, not where the plans said they should have been. If there was an easier alternative, it may have been taken.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Death-bed confessions

After her husband’s outburst in the hospital, Jo sought to comfort her husband and a nurse rushed in, but the two women heard nothing more about DB Cooper. Certainly, the nurse did not hear any confession, and apparently Jo is the only one who did.

I never said anyone was in the room and that the nurse heard his raised voice and came to see what was wrong and started the morphine.

But, she also says that Duane left unannounced for up to six hours at a time, never telling her where he had gone when he returned.

The time was 5 1/2 hours.

Once in The Dalles of Oregon, she says Duane returned to their motel room with his clothes were dirtied and muddied soiled, as if he had been digging. He told me the woman he went to see asked him to move some things

Duane also did odd things, such as surreptitiously throw a small paper sack into the Columbia River from the riverfront promenade of the Red Lion Inn in Vancouver, Washington. Later, he drove to a dead end street across the river, told Jo to stay in the car, retrieved something from the trunk and headed towards the Columbia, returning in a few minutes.

A dead end street across the river???? We made stops EAST of Winterly Park, the Green Tank, Tena's Bar and finally the Red Lion. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEAl what you are referring to - what dead end street and where? YOU are masking the truths with lies here!

I do NOT have time to address the rest of your obtuse lieing article, but believe me you will know by Wednesday of NEXT wk. I suggest you delete the article about me NOW.

I thought you were changing your ways and might become a creditable writer - you will never be able to walk away for your ENQuirer ATTITUDE.

But the most memorable moment occurred in Camas, Washington, where Duane pointed to a spot in the woods along the north shore of Lake Camas, and according to Jo said, “That’s where Cooper came out of the woods.”

Jo said she replied, “How would you know?” and Duane supposedly said, “Maybe I was his ground man.”

Even more incredibly, such an exchange refutes Jo’s initial claim to me – which she has reiterated many times on the DZ – that she had never heard of DB Cooper, or even “Dan Cooper,” until Duane made his confession in 1995.

But both of these two declarations cannot be true, which begs the question: is Jo Weber lying?

Or is she simply a distraught widow lost in her grief and talking nutty?

I confronted Jo on this discrepancy and she artfully back-tracked from her claim that she had never heard about DB Cooper until her husband’s death-bed confession. I am unsatisfied by her explanations. Frankly, I feel deceived.

YOU feel deceived - how dare you! I had read an article about Cooper in 1971 before I ever met Duane. It was on the 3rd page of my local paper. Page 1 and 2 were all about the war. This was about D.B.Cooper NOT DAN COOPER!

I meet Duane in 1977 and we get married in 1978. In 1979 when we made that trip to WA. Cooper was mentioned ONE time and I took it as a joke - REMEMBER I lived in GA in 1971.

Then when the money showed up 1980 - WELL, I have already talked about his actions...not allowing me to see the paper, the safe deposit box, then his quick exit from Colorado.

1995 Duane Weber is dying. EVEN when one is prepared for the death of someone they love, it is difficult when the Dr. tells you that your husband will be dead in 5 days! Duane told me he was DAN COOPER - DAN COOPER had no associations with D.B. Cooper and Cooper was NOT in the media in the south every yr....I did NOT know the name given by D.B. was Dan. Plus it was 15 yrs later and there WAS no mention of Cooper until he said "I'm Dan Coooper!"

One yr and 2 months later I learned Dan Cooooper and D.B. Cooper were one and the same.
I did NOT keep up with old crimes - I had always been too busy making a living and providing for my family and being a good wife. AS soon as I realized what he was talking about I called the FBI - but, we all know how that went. I was accused of drinking or doing drugs by the FBI. THEY STILL OWE ME AND APOLOGY ON THAT!

My husband is dying and you think I am going to remember what he said 15 yrs ago. I had long before that put the remark out of my mind. D.B. Cooper was NOT in the papers in the SOUTH every Nov.

If you cannot understand this - perhaps you need to apply at the ENQUIRER!

I don't know where Tom's "center" is Georger. Sorry.

One thing I do know about dredgers is that they cut corners. There are designated offshore areas for dumping dredge spoils. Many times when it was foggy we'd see dumps taking place far inshore. It saved time and nobody on shore could see the shortcut. I saw shortcuts taken by commercial dredge barges and big Army Corps of Engineers dredges too.

The point is don't assume that plans indicate reality. Look where the spoils dumps really happened, not where the plans said they should have been. If there was an easier alternative, it may have been taken.

well, you are looking at it! ariel photo. doesnt leave
much to the Blevins' "work-for-wages sheeple
magication"

In the interest of self-preservation, maybe I should point out that the only thing I did to the above was correct an error so the clicky would work. Bruce and Jo did the rest.

Robert99

Thanks, Robert. As my father also used to say, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Thanks for the clicky fix. Perhaps you can tell me what do I need to do differently - I have been typing:

1. Bracket with "u," followed by an "r" followed by "l" and then another bracket.

2. Then, mymountainnews-wa URL
3. Then, [url/]

I can't even write the bracket-url-bracket and have it post here. It just disappears.

Robert99

Thanks, Robert. As my father also used to say, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Thanks for the clicky fix. Perhaps you can tell me what do I need to do differently - I have been typing:

1. Bracket with "u," followed by an "r" followed by "l" and then another bracket.

2. Then, mymountainnews-wa URL
3. Then, [url/]

I can't even write the bracket-url-bracket and have it post here. It just disappears.

Bruce, In the case above, it is the ending listed in number 3 that is the problem. Just moving the slash to the left of "url" corrects the problem. It is as simple as that. Also, note that the slash is in the same location for the ending of "reply" as well as other things that the writer started and wants to end.

It should also be noted that I cannot actually type in the correct "/url" with the brackets alone or else the DZ software will make its own changes to my post.

Robert99

It should also be noted that I cannot actually type in the correct "/url" with the brackets alone or else the DZ software will make its own changes to my post.

Robert99

why so complicated here!? Every other forum site you
just paste the url, and "click' and the website software
does it automatically - viola

Robert99

LOL. Haven't worked for wages in fifteen years. Sorry this website doesn't jump into your Drive-Thru-at-Burger-Queen hoops. Yeah, you actually have to type a bit of simple code to make certain things work. These days, I know kids eight years old who can do this with ease.

Welcome to the 21st Century. Sort of. :)
See how easy that was? And some tough jams to boot.

Yep, you Stone Age guys who can't hold job, drive
old cars, troll the internet, pretend to be important
and call others "work-for-wages sheeple", have all
the fun!

B|

Jo. You are your own worst enemy. Your stories change constantly.If you go back and read every post you have made here on DZ and count how many stories you have changed and made up you would see why no one can believe you.You have proven that you have fabricated your entire story about Duanes involvement from the very begining.Your stories are very entertaining. This is why I say that you have missed your calling as a fiction writer.You must have a guilty conscience about all the wild stories you post ,what other reason could you have for making up so many different stories about others here on DZ. It must make you feel superior to others. So ask yourself if it has all been worth it. No one believes you and you and you alone are to blame.So continue to post your fiction,thats how other people see it.And puting DZ'ers down makes people think the worst of you. Jerry

Robert99

LOL. Haven't worked for wages in fifteen years. Sorry this website doesn't jump into your Drive-Thru-at-Burger-Queen hoops. Yeah, you actually have to type a bit of simple code to make certain things work. These days, I know kids eight years old who can do this with ease.

Actually...this website does allow you to click and drive. For simply posting a clickable link, you can use the little buttons at the bottom of the Post: box. You paste your link then go the begining of the link and click the url box. then you go to the end and click the url box again (which has magically changed to /url). Oh the marvels of technology....but as with anything... you have to check your work before turning it in. If you overclick you might have a plain url in brackets where a front slash url in brackets needs to be :)
the website has provide you with buttons for other functions such as Bold, colors, italics, emoticons, etc. ...all work basically the same -
Or you can type it all in. ...
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Robert99

Actually...this website does allow you to click and drive. For simply posting a clickable link, you can use the little buttons at the bottom of the Post: box. You paste your link then go the begining of the link and click the url box. then you go to the end and click the url box again (which has magically changed to /url). Oh the marvels of technology....but as with anything... you have to check your work before turning it in. If you overclick you might have a plain url in brackets where a front slash url in brackets needs to be :)
the website has provide you with buttons for other functions such as Bold, colors, italics, emoticons, etc. ...all work basically the same -

Thank you Smokin99. I will try this tonight.
G.

"why so complicated here!?"

Luddite filter?;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robert99

G.

Let me clarify what I was actually trying to point out to Bruce in my original post above. If you don't have a "url" earlier in the post, then you can't put an "/url" in the post without the DZ software making some changes to it.

Note that Bruce and I were discussing the closing "/url" only in that message. So we had to talk around the fact that we could not actually post the correct closing "/url" unless we had an opening "url". And that is why I am using quotation marks here as well as in the earlier post.

Robert99

Well, now that we've settled on the different methods of doing links...:)

Trolling trolling trolling, 'Trollhide".

Got anything new on Transvestites in Kenny's life?
Maybe a photo or three ?

Your comment about "work-for-wages sheeple" could
go VIRAL!

Hope you like Mahler ?

:S

"why so complicated here!?"

Luddite filter?;)

what accounts for you ? known far and wide. certified by Farflung, Cook, Eng, and Sluggo!

But feels no pain. One of Blevins' "work-for-wages
sheeple" ?

:D

G.

You can also left click & shade over the link - then just hit the url button one time and it automatically puts the hyperlink shortcut at both ends of the 'address'

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=markup_help;

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Jo. You are your own worst enemy. Your stories change constantly.If you go back and read every post you have made here on DZ and count how many stories you have changed and made up you would see why no one can believe you.You have proven that you have fabricated your entire story about Duanes involvement from the very begining.Your stories are very entertaining. This is why I say that you have missed your calling as a fiction writer.You must have a guilty conscience about all the wild stories you post ,what other reason could you have for making up so many different stories about others here on DZ. It must make you feel superior to others. So ask yourself if it has all been worth it. No one believes you and you and you alone are to blame.So continue to post your fiction,thats how other people see it.And puting DZ'ers down makes people think the worst of you. Jerry

Story has not changed and I have not fabricated any part of the story. I have No REASON to feel any quilt when all I have told are truths. I do feel superior because I am superiour to you 100 fold.

VIP been here for several hours and we will be conversing for the next 2 days - EAT your heart OUT!

We have a VERY busy day tomorrow and Monday. Tis tis tis!

JT I suggest you talk to you FBI contacts! OF course they aren't going to tell you diddle squat because YOU are NOT part to the investigation.....it has been individuals like you who had kept genuine individuals from coming forward.

You are NOT part of the Cooper story! All you will be remember as it the crazy vet who chased ghosts in the woods and whose only goal was to keep anyone from learning the truths about any suspect. A crazy guy with a gun who terrorized & threatened anyone who stood up to you.

Here's an excerpt from one of your posts to jog your memory:

'Troll? You are the one trolling. You havent said one thing ON TOPIC since you TROLLED your brat self here to sart giving me a hard time, and by the sound of it that's all you are capable of - say something (anything) pertinent for a change
or GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!...'

I'm glad to see you go after everyone evenly, and don't sort out individuals for special attention. Although your internet behavior seems to be consistent. :S

I am consistent - you have that right.

Oh yes. the troll "Archaeologist" at the Sci.forum,
except it turned out he is no archaeologist. I checked
with the State Archaeologist who I know personally. He
had heard of the guy because of trouble the guy was
raising in SD, but the guy is no archaeologist, The guy
is a Fundamentalist anti-evolution anti-science
self-proclaimed lay preacher (on a science forum no
less!)... a lot like you Mr Blevins! A self professed
authority on everything and nothing.

Who had already been put off three times at the
Sci.forum, had a bad rep, then I show up to test their
Cooper thread - like you did when you arrived hre, the
preacher-troll "Archaeologist" jumped me immed-
iately. I tried several more times then gave up. The
guy would not stop attacking me. So I left the
sci.forum. When they found out who I was they
emailed asking me back. I talked mathematical
models with one guy on another thread for a while,
then phil. matters concerning Gustav Bergmann
(worked with Einstein) on another thread with some
guy, but the Cooper thread was not viable so I
decided it wasn't worth the effort.

BTW, this was all during a period where Jo Weber was
raising so much hell here nobody could function, Ckret
has decided to give up on Dropzone, I told a few
people 'Im going over to that sci.forum on Cooper
and see what is there . . .

Archaeologist got into trouble on other threads and
then was banned for life.

So yes, consistent.

So yes, the guy just like you except you are still here.

So yes, you picked the wrong thing to present as
usual. You have a consistent 100% record so far for
being wrong on facts _ of all kinds - everything you
pick turns out to be 180 degrees where where you
ALLEGED it was!. DONT YOU EVER RESEARCH
ANYTHING FIRST BEFORE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF?

So, find another example to shoot your mouth off
about.

You actually want your remark to go viral? ""work-
for-wages sheeple" ? I thought you were for the
working man? Not just superior to him! Think about it:

Any more bottom feeding personal attacks on your
small mind that you say need clearing up so youc an
sleep at night ... and we can have the Cooper thread
back at Dropzone?

Can we have our forum back now, Mr. Blevins ?

[:/]

ps: What has Transvestites-exist-in-the-world got to
do with you or Kenny Christiansen's family! ? What are
you alleging or inventing there?

Maybe Bruce should print this up for reference. It's easy instructions on how to make a URL link work:

Let's say you want to make the following sentence into a workable link...

My Latest Article at Mountain News

Here's how:

Type this at the front:
Paste your link right in front of the quotation marks. It should now say this:

[url "http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/02/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-an-in-depth-look-at-the-resurgence-to-solve-americas-most-mysterious-skyjacking/#more-6450

Add another quotation mark at the end first, and then another bracket. These go right after the zero in 50.

After the bracket, no space. Just type this:
My Latest Article at Mountain News

Add this to the end of News, no spaces: bracket, backslash, url, bracket. That's it. I will split them up with a space each so they'll show for you.
[ \ u r l ] (Don't put spaces between them like I did. I had to do that to make them show up in this post)

It will read and work like this:

[url "http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/02/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-an-in-depth-look-at-the-resurgence-to-solve-americas-most-mysterious-skyjacking/#more-6450">My Latest Article at Mountain News

But I still can't figure out how to post the inline images... :|

Thanks, guys.

Yes, I’m part of the resurgent investigation for DB Cooper, caught up in the swell like a giddy newbie.

That’s not to say I had never heard of DB Cooper before, for I have, but I was 22 years-old at the time Cooper skyjacked his airplane. I had just returned to college at Hofstra University after a couple of years ski-bumming and hitch-hiking, so I had other things on my mind other than paying attention to a hijacker snatching a plane, even if DB was the first guy asking for something other than a free pass to Cuba. In fact, I didn’t realize that DB Cooper was the first to extort an airline for money until I joined the Hunt in 2008.

My entry was quite simple: I stumbled into it while writing an unrelated story for a newspaper.

At the time, I was a full-time reporter for a small weekly in southern Pierce County, Washington called The Dispatch, and while I covered a local air show in the summer of 2008 I met a pilot and his wife who had just written a book about DB Cooper.

In that hot August sun they were quite eager to talk about their story: a biography of a fellow pilot named Barb Dayton, who had confessed to being DB Cooper. We spent an afternoon discussing it, sitting in the shade provided by the starboard wing of their restored 1934 Fairchild airplane.

The authors are Ron and Pat Forman, and they tell in their book: The Legend of DB Cooper – Death by Natural Causes, the wildest Cooper tale ever imagined – that DB Cooper was a woman who had the first sex change operation in Washington, in 1969, and then reverted to her male persona to do the job.

I have learned it is also the most compelling of all the Cooper confessional stories for it delivers the most detailed description of how DB Cooper did the caper, including his/her motive.

But what fascinated me the most as I listened to the Formans, was how many red flags of inconsistency popped up regarding the FBI’s investigation, starting with the fact that no one in the Bureau would talk to the Formans even though they offered the detailed confession of their friend.

I was also disappointed to learn that my editors had no interest in this intriguing DB Cooper story, and only relented to my urgings when I promised to cover the story from the angle of "local authors write about DB Cooper."

As a result, I could cover their book signings and public presentations, but nothing about the actual skyjacking. However, I continued to learn more about the case even though I didn’t write about it, gathering the Cooper literature – first Himmelsbach’s book, then Calame’s and Rhodes’, and then Tosaw’s work. Then I scoured the Internet and found the DZ and Jo Weber.

By November 2008, the Formans told me that they were going to Ariel, Washington for the annual celebration of DB Cooper Daze, held on the Saturday after Thanksgiving at the Ariel Tavern. The Formans said they were attending because they had just been contacted by Edge West Productions for a National Geographic documentary on the skyjacking, and the outfit would film them in Ariel as part of a larger shoot on the whole Cooper story. I was ecstatic, and decided to attend.

My editors also began to get enthused – "local authors get filmed for a National Geographic special" – Holy Cow!

So, as long as I didn’t get too woo-woo about the sex change thing they were good for copy, and I headed down to Ariel.

The Edge West production was quite professional and very exciting to witness. In a nearby Ariel home they filmed Ron and Pat, Barb Dayton’s daughter Rena Ruddell, and a couple of fellow-pilots who knew Barb. Later, they all came down to the Tavern, which has a side room that is ideal for quiet chats and beer.

As a reporter I interviewed Phil Day, the executive producer of Edge West, and some of his crew. Further, I had a lengthy conversation with Phil’s teen-aged daughter, who was tagging along with Daddy and had plenty of time to listen to me spiel about the FBI and their canard that DB Cooper was too stupid to have survived the jump. The young girl must have talked later to her dad because in the midst of buying me a beer Phil turned the camera in my direction and began asking questions. Thus, I became part of the documentary, being the bright-faced guy loudly proclaiming that “DB Cooper was one tough-assed dude.”

I said a few more things, but they must have fallen to the editing floor, as did all of the film about Barb Dayton at the last minute for the following reasons
1. The sex change topic was too spicy for nationwide consumption and was too long to tell easily in a one hour broadcast.
2. The Formans had no concrete evidence.
3. The FBI did not support the theory

But I was hooked on the inconsistencies.

This was also the time that I first met Geoffrey Gray, along with his exceptionally cute friend from Seattle. I asked Geoff point-blank if he thought Kenny Christianson – the guy he had written about in New York Magazine – was DB Cooper. Geoff stated that he didn’t believe Kenny was DB, a position he seemed to be a bit less definitive about in his 2011 book, Skyjack.

Nevertheless, a journalistic bond was formed with Geoffrey that exists to this day. Geoffrey also reassured me that he did not feel threatened by my research, and that “The Cooper story is big enough for all of us to write about.”

I was very thankful for that note of acceptance.

Over the next few months I wrote four pieces on the Formans and their initiation into the ways of Hollywood. On a fiercely cold day in January, Edge West came up to Tacoma and conducted several days of filming at Thun Field, the air strip in Puyallup where the Formans had first met Barb. I covered the shoot, and also learned that the manager of the airport, Bruce Thun, was an avid DB Cooper aficionado. In fact, Bruce had many pertinent pieces of information about the early days of the FBI’s investigation.

Bruce revealed that the Bureau’s agents swarmed over Thun Field in the days of the holiday weekend. In particular, they were asking about one young skydiver in particular who had a girl friend in Oregon. Apparently the skydiver was not at home in Puyallup nor at his girl friend’s as planned. Did Bruce – or anyone at Thun Field - know where he was?

Bruce didn’t know what had happened to the skydiver, and he was perturbed at the FBI as well.

“How did they know that kind of stuff?” he asked me. “How did they know that some kid who skydived at a small field in Pierce County has a girl friend in Oregon and that he didn’t make it for Thanksgiving? How do they know this much stuff about people?”

Bruce seemed disappointed that I didn’t have any satisfactory answers for him, and I just speculated that Thun Field may have attracted both “tree-top flyers” and anti-drug scrutiny from the feds.

Through his life-long association with aviation and aviators, Bruce has many contacts with people connected to the case. Besides Barb and the Formans, Bruce has met Earl Cossey, the rigger, and important Boeing engineers involved in the development of the 727 aft stairs and the secret protocols for parachuting.

Yet, even Bruce didn’t know that a 727 could be jumped.

“The day after DB Cooper jumped, everybody around here (Thun Field) was saying, ‘Why didn’t I think of that!’” he told me laughing.

After two years of following the Norjak story at a bit of a distance, my tenure at The Dispatch came to an end as my editors sold the newspaper to a corporate entity who didn’t desire my services after their leaving.

After a short hiatus from journalism, I formed the online news magazine, The Mountain News-WA, in 2010 and pursued the DB Cooper story rigorously. A heart attack in February 2012 distracted me slightly, but by the end of the year I was back in the saddle.

However, as I healed money became very tight and I had to live exclusively upon my social security. In addition, I needed food stamps. Under these conditions I was no longer able to keep a vehicle running, so my Hunt depended upon buses, phones, and the Internet.

But here I am; and here is your story, dear readers.

- An excerpt from my forthcoming book: The Hunt for DB Cooper - The Resurgent Investigation into America's only Unsolved Skyjacking

c. 2013 BA Smith

Yes, I’m part of the resurgent investigation for DB Cooper, caught up in the swell like a giddy newbie.

Go over to the Cooper thread on the sci.forum (link
Blevins Inquisitions posted several posts up) and post
you book chapter there as well as here? Just a
thought. :D Those folks may love it!

Hey Blevins! YOU COULD POST AT SCI.FORUM TOO!