10 10
quade

DB Cooper

'Eric asks for qn's or comments but doesn't respond to anything that doesn't fit his highly speculative narrative...'

Time for a little truth talk here. He was also asked to cooperate with everyone involved in the upcoming Cooper Party, convention, whatever you want to call it coming in November, when Jim Brunberg handed him the venue at Mississippi Studios. Since these emails from Jim went to several people, including yours truly AND Eric, I emailed Eric on what was already in the works before he took charge. Six months passed, six months to go and he's talking about matchbooks.

AB of Seattle was originally asked by Brunberg, and Bryan Ward at the V23 Brewery, to come up with a good plan for a Cooper Party and/or convention, prior to Eric being assigned to lead it. We had the capacity to arrange some stuff for such an event, but not to be the one to manage it. It takes a group effort to make these things work. I know because I spent a few years helping organize the Auburn Days Festival, the oldest municipal festival on the West Coast. So...we came up for a few things as we were asked to do.

These things included short films, keynote speakers, (not me, I wasn't going to speak having too many other things to do) an appearance from the cast of Decoded, (which I pulled out some favors to arrange), a contribution from AB of Seattle in the amount of $1,000 in Amazon gift cards to be used for a lookalike contest we were sponsoring, a free BBQ, even an appearance (at at least a video from) a young Hollywood star who is currently helping produce the first dramatic, full-length feature film on Cooper...and a few other nice things. 

Eric ignored all that, as well as the three emails I sent him about these things. Never answered a one of them. Everything you just read, everyone who was involved, with the possible exception of Christine McKinley from Decoded, has either bailed on attending, and AB has withdrawn our offers. Our proposals would undoubtedly have packed the house. There was even talk of renting Revolution Hall because it has more seats than Mississippi Studios. The whole event was going to be shot for YouTube in hi def and Dolby. 

I don't know Eric's current plans, but unless I see something different, I have to envision another boring gathering where the same old faces just stand up there and give the same old stories to the same few people in a rented room...while doing a lot of mutual back-slapping. Yawn. 

One thing about organizing events where you are trying to pack the house with fresh Cooper fans is this:  You need headliners. You need people who will actually bring home the bacon. That is not me, Eric, Bruce S, or any of the usual faces in Cooperland. No one much cares about any of us except the people we already know. Right now I don't see a Cooper Party coming, or even a convention. I see another Eric event where Eric organizes, plans the entire agenda, makes sure everyone understands the REAL reason for it is to push Petersen as the hijacker....and few from the public actually show up. 

Well...in my case I might have a few who care...but that's only because they get free BBQ and big screen movies at the campouts. xD LOL it's bribery all the way. But at least people have FUN, and that's the main thing. 

9 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Eric asks for qn's or comments but doesn't respond to anything that doesn't fit his highly speculative narrative.

The "Sky Chef" matches might have come from one of their terminal restaurants, however, they were also supplying catering on various airlines. 

Sky Chef was owned by American Airlines...  Cooper could have also obtained the matchbook during a flight serviced by "Sky Chef".

Flyjack or RobertMBlevins: Maybe you can help.  When did Eric come on the D.B. Cooper scene?  The farthest I can go back and find anything is around November 2018 in relation to the D.B. Cooper Conference in Seattle.  Where was he before and where does this 10 years of research come from?  Skydivers have been talking about Sheridan Peterson and his exploits for decades.

11 minutes ago, JJG78 said:

Flyjack or RobertMBlevins: Maybe you can help.  When did Eric come on the D.B. Cooper scene?  The farthest I can go back and find anything is around November 2018 in relation to the D.B. Cooper Conference in Seattle.  Where was he before and where does this 10 years of research come from?  Skydivers have been talking about Sheridan Peterson and his exploits for decades.

Sounds about right, it was SAILSHAW who pushed suspect Sheridan Peterson for many years... Eric hasn't added anything new other than speculation.

https://www.dropzone.com/profile/95300-sailshaw/?do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

10 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the matches that Cooper used to light his cigarettes and what they can tell us.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Wrongo,,

Cooper used two books of matches..

“He also wanted the empty matchbook cover from which he was lighting his cigarettes and had thrown into the back pouch of the seat in front as she said she would normally do with trash. She indicated that he had another book of matches the cover of which was blue and said, “Sky Chef.” from which she had pulled matches to light his cigarettes. He retained this book of matches.”

(edited)

"Flyjack or RobertMBlevins: Maybe you can help.  When did Eric come on the D.B. Cooper scene?"

The most likely time is just prior to his first post at Shutter's forum. If you have viewing rights there, you can track the date of his first post. But don't get me wrong. Just because he might be a relative newbie doesn't mean he can't offer good stuff to the case. It's results that count, not how long you've been in Cooperland. I meet people (mostly via email or at the campouts) who have barely HEARD of Cooper, and then became interested in the case. Most weren't even born when Cooper happened, or at least a majority of them. 

The problem is whether someone has an agenda that does not include cooperation, even though they claim they don't have an agenda. Or ignores really GREAT ideas because they don't fit with that agenda. Someone who uses an event to their own purposes rather than being the leader in a bigger event. I've always had differences regarding these 'conventions,' and one of them is they don't seem to recruit new fans to the case. The first gathering by Geoffrey Gray was the closest to do so. The annual Ariel Store party was The Biggie. Now we have Eric. Pfft...my ideas were a lot better, frankly speaking. 

At the time AB staff were working on this 'Cooper Party' idea, we knew that Eric was probably going to hold a convention anyway, and on the same weekend as the Cooper Party. My first idea was to move OUR event to a different weekend so as not to conflict. Brunberg hinted to me that maybe we should do a combination event instead of being at odds with Eric's attempts on a straight convention.

Our ORIGINAL job, the one assigned to us, was to come up with a replacement for the annual Ariel Store party event, not so much to hold a straight convention. However, I saw the sense of combining the two events (Eric's convention and Brunberg's Cooper Party) into one and I was buying into it. Plus...it would make it easier to get the speakers we needed as part of the program. Brunberg decided to put Eric in charge, in order to save him from having to rent a venue, and because such an approach made sense. 

So, okay. That was done. I was surprised, but I was fine with it. It solved a lot of problems, and the November event would be the biggest Cooper thing to hit the Northwest, possibly an annual event that got bigger each year. I liked it. Ariel was gone...and this could be an even BIGGER replacement to it. 

Since then, there has been absolutely nothing said, and there is six months to go. My emails went unanswered and pretty quick I got the hint and AB withdrew its support for the event. Now you are left with whatever Eric comes up with that can either equal or top what we had planned. He doesn't even have to do that. He just needs to make sure the public actually shows up. If he can do this all on his own, even with a modicum of success, then kudos to him. This is extremely doubtful, I think. There was a good reason why we ran things by committee at the Auburn Days Festival, i.e. this committee handled this event, another handled this facet of the event. Because otherwise you get overwhelmed and have to settle for crap. And crap does not bring the bodies to the door. It's possible that Eric will copy some of our original plans and then try to take credit for them without a whisper about AB of Seattle coming up with a lot of them. This is actually his best chance for success, and that is also the main thing. Success...not whether someone gets credit for it. But six months isn't very long to go. He may simply ride on Jim Brunberg's coattails using the Mississippi Studios venue, and although it probably won't be as good an event as the one we were planning for Brunberg, it could still work. 

Problem is...so far Eric has no public statement at all regarding what he actually plans to do in order to make the program a success. He should do a short video on THAT. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Time for a little truth talk here. He was also asked to cooperate with everyone involved in the upcoming Cooper Party, convention, whatever you want to call it coming in November, when Jim Brunberg handed him the venue at Mississippi Studios. Since these emails from Jim went to several people, including yours truly AND Eric, I emailed Eric on what was already in the works before he took charge. Six months passed, six months to go and he's talking about matchbooks.

AB of Seattle was originally asked by Brunberg, and Bryan Ward at the V23 Brewery, to come up with a good plan for a Cooper Party and/or convention, prior to Eric being assigned to lead it. We had the capacity to arrange some stuff for such an event, but not to be the one to manage it. It takes a group effort to make these things work. I know because I spent a few years helping organize the Auburn Days Festival, the oldest municipal festival on the West Coast. So...we came up for a few things as we were asked to do.

These things included short films, keynote speakers, (not me, I wasn't going to speak having too many other things to do) an appearance from the cast of Decoded, (which I pulled out some favors to arrange), a contribution from AB of Seattle in the amount of $1,000 in Amazon gift cards to be used for a lookalike contest we were sponsoring, a free BBQ, even an appearance (at at least a video from) a young Hollywood star who is currently helping produce the first dramatic, full-length feature film on Cooper...and a few other nice things. 

Eric ignored all that, as well as the three emails I sent him about these things. Never answered a one of them. Everything you just read, everyone who was involved, with the possible exception of Christine McKinley from Decoded, has either bailed on attending, and AB has withdrawn our offers. Our proposals would undoubtedly have packed the house. There was even talk of renting Revolution Hall because it has more seats than Mississippi Studios. The whole event was going to be shot for YouTube in hi def and Dolby. 

I don't know Eric's current plans, but unless I see something different, I have to envision another boring gathering where the same old faces just stand up there and give the same old stories to the same few people in a rented room...while doing a lot of mutual back-slapping. Yawn. 

One thing about organizing events where you are trying to pack the house with fresh Cooper fans is this:  You need headliners. You need people who will actually bring home the bacon. That is not me, Eric, Bruce S, or any of the usual faces in Cooperland. No one much cares about any of us except the people we already know. Right now I don't see a Cooper Party coming, or even a convention. I see another Eric event where Eric organizes, plans the entire agenda, makes sure everyone understands the REAL reason for it is to push Petersen as the hijacker....and few from the public actually show up. 

Well...in my case I might have a few who care...but that's only because they get free BBQ and big screen movies at the campouts. xD LOL it's bribery all the way. But at least people have FUN, and that's the main thing. 

Something I seldom do:
Re-posting one of my own comments and then adding a picture to make a point. 

4sure.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The most likely time is just prior to his first post at Shutter's forum. If you have viewing rights there, you can track the date of his first post. But don't get me wrong. Just because he might be a relative newbie doesn't mean he can't offer good stuff to the case. It's results that count, not how long you've been in Cooperland. I meet people (mostly via email or at the campouts) who have barely HEARD of Cooper, and then became interested in the case. Most weren't even born when Cooper happened, or at least a majority of them. 

The problem is whether someone has an agenda that does not include cooperation, even though they claim they don't have an agenda. Or ignores really GREAT ideas because they don't fit with that agenda. Someone who uses an event to their own purposes rather than being the leader in a bigger event. I've always had differences regarding these 'conventions,' and one of them is they don't seem to recruit new fans to the case. The first gathering by Geoffrey Gray was the closest to do so. The annual Ariel Store party was The Biggie. Now we have Eric. Pfft...my ideas were a lot better, frankly speaking. 

At the time AB staff were working on this 'Cooper Party' idea, we knew that Eric was probably going to hold a convention anyway, and on the same weekend as the Cooper Party. My first idea was to move OUR event to a different weekend so as not to conflict. Brunberg hinted to me that maybe we should do a combination event instead of being at odds with Eric's attempts on a straight convention.

Our ORIGINAL job, the one assigned to us, was to come up with a replacement for the annual Ariel Store party event, not so much to hold a straight convention. However, I saw the sense of combining the two events (Eric's convention and Brunberg's Cooper Party) into one and I was buying into it. Plus...it would make it easier to get the speakers we needed as part of the program. Brunberg decided to put Eric in charge, in order to save him from having to rent a venue, and because such an approach made sense. 

So, okay. That was done. I was surprised, but I was fine with it. It solved a lot of problems, and the November event would be the biggest Cooper thing to hit the Northwest, possibly an annual event that got bigger each year. I liked it. Ariel was gone...and this could be an even BIGGER replacement to it. 

Since then, there has been absolutely nothing said, and there is six months to go. My emails went unanswered and pretty quick I got the hint and AB withdrew its support for the event. Now you are left with whatever Eric comes up with that can either equal or top what we had planned. He doesn't even have to do that. He just needs to make sure the public actually shows up. If he can do this all on his own, even with a modicum of success, then kudos to him. This is extremely doubtful, I think. There was a good reason why we ran things by committee at the Auburn Days Festival, i.e. this committee handled this event, another handled this facet of the event. Because otherwise you get overwhelmed and have to settle for crap. And crap does not bring the bodies to the door. It's possible that Eric will copy some of our original plans and then try to take credit for them without a whisper about AB of Seattle coming up with a lot of them. This is actually his best chance for success, and that is also the main thing. Success...not whether someone gets credit for it. But six months isn't very long to go. He may simply ride on Jim Brunberg's coattails using the Mississippi Studios venue, and although it probably won't be as good an event as the one we were planning for Brunberg, it could still work. 

Problem is...so far Eric has no public statement at all regarding what he actually plans to do in order to make the program a success. He should do a short video on THAT. B|

I do not have viewing rights on that forum and am unable to see when Eric Ulis's first post was on there.  From what I can tell, he did not post anything on the old DropZone. 

Eric Ulis-do you have any documentation showing you have investigated this case for 10 years or do you decline to answer this question?

57 minutes ago, JJG78 said:

I do not have viewing rights on that forum and am unable to see when Eric Ulis's first post was on there.  From what I can tell, he did not post anything on the old DropZone. 

Eric Ulis-do you have any documentation showing you have investigated this case for 10 years or do you decline to answer this question?

Now why would I waste my time on midless $#!t like this? Really? I'm going to supply "documentation" that I started researching DBC 10 years ago or first became interested in the case about the time of the money find? What is this an inquisition? Either take my word for it or roll. I really could care less.

Cheers!

(edited)

Eric Ulis says in part:

"Now why would I waste my time on midless $#!t like this? Really? I'm going to supply "documentation" that I started researching DBC 10 years ago or first became interested in the case about the time of the money find? What is this an inquisition? Either take my word for it or roll. I really could care less.

Cheers!"

Poor attitude to a legit question there, Eric. Providing 'documentation' is a bit silly, I'll admit. Maybe "I became interested in the case around the time of the Tina Bar money find, and a couple of years ago I started actually researching the case..." is a simple enough answer. And there is nothing wrong with that answer. I already supported you to a degree by saying it isn't how long you've been around, but what you are contributing now to help forward the case. 

However, you should EXPECT questions like this when you start putting out (almost) daily videos on the Cooper case, and are offered a free venue for the next Cooper event....an event where you were asked by the guy who PROVIDED that venue...to work with people. So far, I have not seen that.

So far, you blew off all the hard work done by others to help you make that a success. Brunberg and Bryan Ward at the V23 Brewery aren't looking for a repeat of your first convention. They want a Cooper Party, a COOPER EVENT...dedicated to bringing in large numbers of NEW Cooper fans from the general public around the Pacific Northwest and beyond. They aren't looking for you, Bruce S, and a few others to just stand up there behind a podium and give speeches, and leaving it at that, although yes...there should be speakers. If they had done only that at the annual Ariel Party, Dona Elliot would have had far less people showing up each year. As it was, the only thing limiting Ariel was the number of people who could crowd into the building. 

There is NO WAY you can come close to hosting a real 'Northwest Cooper Event' that brings in heavy attendance without cooperation from a lot of different people. And I should know this because I worked with Brunberg and Ward for over four months on something that would combine the idea of a straight convention with a replacement for the now-defunct Ariel Store party. Do you have any idea how hard that is to pull off? To convince hundreds of people to show up to a Cooper event on the same weekend as Black Friday shopping? HA! It's tough, baby.

And it can't be done alone, or with just a few people who believe they are the be-all and end-all of everything Cooper. When Jim Brunberg turned his Mississippi Studios venue over to you for free, you were expected to produce in exchange for that leadership role. He also asked you to work with the same people who had been working on the project months before you were ever offered that role. You haven't done that. You didn't even answer the messages. 

This does not instill confidence. AB of Seattle staff thinks that you will simply invite the same old faces to do the same old things, instead of hosting an organized, entertaining program that packs the house. After Jim Brunberg handed Mississippi Studios over to you, he also saw some rather discouraging comments at Shutter's place about the whole thing. He had concerns about a lack of cooperation and sent me the following message in March, after you stopped communicating and I started having doubts:

"Hi Robert,
I don’t see hateful comments but I see some rude, dismissive ones. That’s just how people seem to behave when half-cloaked in anonymity. I don’t think they represent the majority of the folk that would attend an event. It’s clear that there are a couple users who feel they’ve been wronged by you. This isn’t a big deal, shit happens all the time. 

I don’t really understand what the Cooper forum’s all about, but it seems that all involved would benefit from an inclusive attempt to get everyone in the same room. With lots of attendees. That has always been my intent.

If that’s not possible I will recognize (again) that I am a neophyte in these matters and leave it be, with good feelings toward all of ya.

I handed the curating duties to Eric because he seems to have the cooperation of a number of experts or aficionados. 

This isn’t a battle or a war. It’s not even a search for some vital truth. It’s about entertaining and getting people thinking about this fascinating folk legend/unapprehended criminal. My hunch is that when you’re all in person, there can be robust debate, but that people will treat each other with more respect. 

After camping, let me know if this is still where you stand. I’ve enjoyed your enthusiasm related to the event and was looking forward to meeting you.  

I gave Christine your email. She may have other thoughts for you. 

You’re a gosh darn semi-famous expert and author - have thick skin and stick to the substance, their personal attacks don’t matter and should be ignored.

Thanks, Jim"

Well, it's been three months since Jim handed you this responsibility. What have you done about it? How have you risen above the rhetoric, as Jim wants, and become a leader in this matter? I don't see it. So far, all that has happened is major support (not just from AB but others) has been bailing because you don't seem to work with others very well. Six months to go may seem to be a long time, but it really isn't. Goes by faster than you think. You've already lost support, and a third of the time provided to you to prepare for November has come and gone. Jim, Bryan, and the guy from Northwest Escape expect you to come through for them. Your idea (so far) seems to be it is better to go it alone, or depend on a couple of people like Bruce at Mountain News or Mark M ('377') to pack the house. Do you think that's what will actually get people to the door? We had thirty people on the committee for the Auburn Days Festival, and it takes more than me to organize the Cooper Campouts. If you don't figure out on which side the bread is actually buttered, and start bringing in assistance, any idea of an annual, recurring, Cooper Party/Convention that really works is doomed to failure. In case you didn't know, that was the idea, not to host a one-off event, but a regular, annual event celebrating Cooper and based in Portland.

The NW public is not looking for another straight convention. They're looking to have fun, activities, see new faces, and do a celebration of Cooper. That is not just ONE thing, but many things. Twelve weeks gone and you haven't come up with a single idea yet, as far as I can tell. If you want to be Fearless Leader, that comes with responsibilities, my friend. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

What? No bite on your plans for the November event? 9_9 I suppose you will get around to that sooner or later. 

Updates on the upcoming Cooper Campout in Oregon:

• We've selected a rally point that is easy to find. It is in Estacada. That is a small town about 20-25 miles SE of Portland. 

• Rally point is a food store that opens at 5AM. We caravan out of the parking lot at 7AM. Anyone who can't make it to the rally point in time will have to use the provided maps. The reason for choosing the store is in case anyone needs to pick up last-minute supplies. From the rally point to the actual campsite is about 25 miles, in the Mt Hood National Forest. If you come late and try to reach the site and get turned around somehow, try our cells, or if you have a CB radio we monitor channel 14 during daylight hours. Anyone wanting to day hike away from the campsite will be offered one of our handheld Midland CB units to take along. 

• Maps, cell numbers, and all other information are provided after you contact us saying you want to attend. (In case you are considering coming along)

• So far, we have seven confirmed folks coming, plus me makes eight. Greg the Techie Guy had to drop out for this one because his girlfriend isn't doing well right now. I'm allowed to say she will be all right, but that she has been at the ER twice in the last month, and is now seeing her doctor on a regular basis. She will be some time recovering from what ails her, but she WILL recover her doctor says. 

• All 12 episodes of Darren Schafer's Cooper Vortex podcast have been copied to a flash drive. We're going to play them sometime during the trip, in order. We will probably spread it out over a couple of days. Other Cooper-related media being offered (if people want to watch) is the promo reel on the upcoming Cooper movie, the Treat Williams/Robert Duvall pic The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper, and a collage of historical film and still bits specially produced by AB for this trip. Most people will probably watch the Hollywood shootout scene from Heat.
  • That last bit about Heat was a joke, of course. 

• We've decided to do the free BBQ on Sunday afternoon that weekend. 

• I saw THIS TABLE for camping at someone's house. It weighs nearly nothing, folds down to ALMOST nothing, and can hold up to a hundred pounds. The supports are strong and the slats are hollow aluminum. Picked one up today from REI in Tacoma. It's cooler than the picture. Can't wait to use it. 

• We've moved the cutoff date for new contacts wanting to attend up from June 16 to June 3rd. After that, we go with the people we have up to that point. That's ten days from now. 

• Bruce at Mountain News has made an announcement at the Cooper Forum. He's leaving for New York next month to visit his mom and won't return until near the end of June. I think it's okay to say that since he's already made it public in a couple of places anyway. So...if any of you out there are considering calling me up at 8PM on a weekday, (Meyer!) asking me to fill up my tank, and drive 40 miles (again) to do a welfare check on Bruce...please DON'T. 9_9 He's fine. If he's reading this now, our best to his mom. One thing Bruce and I have in common is that we both have elderly parents. My mom is 85 and still doing fine. 

• The location of the next Cooper Campout has already been pre-selected. The one to Oregon in June will almost certainly be our LAST one to Oregon. The next campout will be held in August, at Trap Pass in the Olympics. Trap Pass is pretty much the highest spot you can safely drive to in the Olympics, and the road ends in a stunning spot with some of the most beautiful views of both Puget Sound and the Olympics you can imagine. For this trip, you really need a truck, although my two-wheel-drive Nissan truck made it up there okay. You do need some clearance under your vehicle to make this trip, though. In other words, no sports cars or motor homes. I don't mind showing map shots and pictures of this place. It's a great area, especially as the sun goes down. When we went there in October 2018, there was still zero snow and only one outside visitor over a three day camp. It is 26 miles from the main highway, which is Highway 101. It is seldom visited. 

We are accepting advance requests to attend this one. 

TrapPassMap1.jpg

CampfireDark.jpg

DuckabushFog1.jpg

EndoftheRoad.jpg

EveningViewSite.jpg

EveningViewSite2.jpg

LongShotTrapPass.jpg

MountainsEast.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

'Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the witnesses descriptions of DB Cooper. Also, I invite people to submit short videos advocating for their suspects...'

Not a bad idea. People have been doing that over at YouTube for years. But instead of just submitting these videos to you directly, I suggest that they join the Quora Space on DB Cooper, become a Contributor, and submit them on their own THERE. 

There are good reasons for this. And not because I get any particular benefit out of it. 

It's because when they do that, their video will start out being sent to nearly 750 followers of the Space right away. The moment it is posted, that is what happens to that video, (or article, or link to a news story or picture, whatever is posted by that Space contributor) And the number of followers to the Space keeps increasing all the time. 

Second, because Quora staff sometimes select a posted item and send it out via email to an additional 1,000-10,000 Quora users who are NOT signed up at the Quora Space on Cooper. 

Quora is the famous Question and Answer website out of Mountain View, CA. (Link leads to their entry at Wikipedia.) If you are looking to reach people with 'your stuff' on Cooper, it is the best way to do so without a doubt. I have pointed out Darren Schafer's Cooper Vortex series as a good example of how the Cooper Space works. Within a short time after he uploads a new episode through the Cooper Space, he gets hundreds of downloads. This does not count the people who just listen to the episode without actually saving it to their computer. That probably runs into the thousands, although I have no way to tell the exact numbers for sure on simple views. But it has to be a lot more than the actual downloads. 

How to access this opportunity? Go to Quora, sign up, fill out your profile honestly, and then visit the DB Cooper Space there. Look down the right side of the page for easy instructions on how to become a Contributor to the Space. Do THAT. And then upload your articles, videos, whatever you wish. Although I am the admin for the Cooper Space, I don't screen new content from Contributors. You are responsible for that as a Contributor. Anything violating copyright or that is abusive gets deleted, probably by Jonathan B at Quora, the writer relations guy at Quora. We haven't had any problems with that, though. 

As soon as you upload a new item for Folllowers...pop....your new content goes out to over 700 people who are signed up to receive these things. And the item is posted right to the top of the page. Your content automatically goes out to a willing audience who signed up to receive it in the first place. Often...they start linking it out elsewhere. Then as your content is linked out elsewhere from your original post at the Cooper Space...well, you can see where this is going. 

Yes. You will reach a ton of folks PDF. (pretty damn fast) B| 

When you go directly to the Cooper Space at Quora and see the views to individual articles or videos or linked items...THOSE views reflect only the people who actually read or viewed the content posted at the Quora Space on Cooper directly.

Most people don't do this. They read it in their email and sometimes pass it on to others. 

For my personal views to contributions I have made to Quora, and this includes my uploads to the Cooper Space as well as 'regular' posts to the main Quora site, those views add up to about 1.5 MILLION over about the last year, with about 70,000 just this month. Sometimes I will take a contribution to the Cooper Space and link that out as a separate answer to a question at Quora, and when I do, THAT item goes out to another 360 people or so automatically. If Quora staff like that item, sometimes they select it and do the mass email for it, as they would for postings to the DB Cooper Space. It's a no-lose thing all the way.  

If you are going to bother making a video on Cooper or a suspect, you may as well place that video in a spot where it will get real traffic. Otherwise what is the point? 

There is only one caveat on this whole scenario. I don't move someone from Follower to Contributor at the Cooper Space unless they establish a legitimate profile with a true identity at Quora first. No anonymous contributors are allowed. This is one thing that makes Quora different from other websites. It is generally accepted that people will create a profile there with a real identity, so that other Quora users can see where the answers are coming from, and why you are qualified to answer those questions. It is universal for the site itself, not just the Cooper Space. It is what makes Quora famous, by the way. Some fairly well known people in real life are signed up at Quora. (From Wikipedia: 'The Quora community includes some well-known people such as Jimmy Wales, Richard A. Muller, Justin Trudeau, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and the late Adrián Lamo, as well as many current and former professional athletic personalities...')

If you have questions on how to become a Contributor for content to the DB Cooper Space at Quora, you can also email me directly at adventurebooksofseattle AT Gmail dot frickin' com. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

5 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the witnesses descriptions of DB Cooper. Also, I invite people to submit short videos advocating for their suspects.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Brilliant… Cooper aka Sheridan had a skier’s tan in late November,, flew in from Tibet,, had a beard just before the hijacking,, changed the thickness/wave and colour of his hair,, wore brown contacts, faked chain smoking, ate fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches on the way to Portland.. while imagining daisy chaining the dummy chute before flying back to Switzerland to deposit loot in his numbered account.

NO witness said a tan, they overwhelmingly described Latin/Mexican/Native American features/characteristics/descent,, that is not just skin tone.

(edited)

I addressed this Sheridan Peterson thing a long time ago.

No, I don't believe he was Cooper. I gave Seven Good Reasons Why.

That's my main statement on the whole subject of Peterson. 

But Eric has a right to his opinions. I will give him that. However, when he posts up these videos at DZ it is definitely a one-way street because he does not usually address any questions that appear here AFTER he posts these videos. So why should we care about them, or even view them?

Makes you think DZ is just a dumping ground for the videos. I see traffic on them is pretty sparse, considering. I have suggested ways to increase those views. 

Tell you this much. When questions appear, I answer them. When people email me about the case, I don't ignore them because of possible issues with the person doing the sending. All get answered. If I post up a Cooper-related video, and someone comments or asks about it, I don't just post up ANOTHER video and ignore them. 

"Peter-san! Peter-san!" Or as Kurt Vonnegut Jr used to say, "So it goes..." 9_9

Edited by RobertMBlevins

So, what are you saying, Robert? That Peter-san (not Sheridan) was Cooper? Faked his own death in Viet Nam a couple years earlier to ensure he'd get away with it?

Geez, and I was starting to think

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

...and don't give me the suntan in late November nonsense...

that it was George Hamilton.

(edited)

'So, what are you saying, Robert? That Peter-san (not Sheridan) was Cooper? Faked his own death in Viet Nam a couple years earlier to ensure he'd get away with it?'

Nah. I was just poking fun at Eric because he posts these videos at DZ almost daily, and yet...doesn't bother to address any questions or comments that DZ contributors make about them. In fact, he doesn't address ANYTHING posted here. My apologies to the powers-that-be at DZ, but this seems rather arrogant to me. Like we're simply being USED. 

Now he wants DZ members to submit THEIR Cooper videos to HIM. Why should anyone here do that? Traffic to his daily videos is fairly sparse. I have already suggested to Eric that he should simply join Quora dot com, 'follow' the Cooper Space there, then sign up as a Contributor, and post them there. The second you hit the post button as a contributor there, your video, post, linked article, photograph, or whatever...gets sent out to about 750 people automatically by email. These followers do not consider these emails as spam, since they signed up to receive them. These posts include the possibility that Quora staff will send yours out to 1,000-10,000 additional users at Quora as well. It's a no-brainer. 

How do you think Darren Schaefer got over 1,200 downloads of the podcast he did with Bruce S at Cooper Vortex? It wasn't because Darren sent that podcast to Eric, I can tell you that.

It's because Darren's on the contributor list at the DB Cooper Space at Quora. 

EDIT: I have a better proposal on 'sending in your suspect video,' but my rules are different. You are limited to exactly THREE minutes to state the case for your suspect. Shoot the thing and send it to me at adventurebooksofseattle AT G Mail Dot Com. After I get at least five of them (and no more than eight) I will put them together one after another into a single video with credits front and back on the video, with a fade-out, fade-in between the segments. I will post it to the Quora Cooper space and at YouTube. See how many views it gets shortly thereafter. 

Don't forget to state your name and the name of your suspect at the very start of your segment. This is important. And three minutes is all you get, so plan it out a bit first. If you have a book out there, or a website, or both, make sure you give details. 

I will update you on the current number of suspect videos submitted, when we cut off further submissions, and when the video will be posted. All contributors will have a chance to view the final version for approval BEFORE it is posted publicly. 

This project is about YOU guys. I will not be shooting one on Christiansen, (or even appearing on the video) although you are free to go the KC route if you wish.

I wouldn't. Someone covered him already. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

So, what are you saying, Robert? That Peter-san (not Sheridan) was Cooper? Faked his own death in Viet Nam a couple years earlier to ensure he'd get away with it?

Geez, and I was starting to think

that it was George Hamilton.

George is orange.

but it isn't just skin tone,, witnesses described olive, swarthy, AND  Latin/Mexican/Native American features/characteristics/descent...

None mentioned a tan.. NONE

(edited)

Ordered some last minute items for the Cooper Campout, and I see they are arriving from Amazon today. Two USB extension lines for the USB-powered light bulbs. These are unique in that you can hang them up and they are made of plastic, not glass, and are LED-lit. On off switch in the line itself and pretty bright, drawing only five watts. 

Three POUND box of those short little Slim Jim Snack Sticks. LOL community snacks I guess. There are 120 of them in the box. Okay, 119 now because I had to check if they were fresh. They were. Good until October the box says. 9_9

The old post-apocalyptic movie, Panic in Year Zero with Ray Milland. I love that one.  Also starting to do gear check a bit at a time. 

On my proposal to assemble a single, and rather fast-moving 'Major Suspect Video,' no worries on that. You have time to submit yours. I won't be doing anything on assembling that until after July 1. Also depends on how quickly people decide to send in their bit. Remember...no longer than three minutes allowed, and you MUST mention your name, as well as your suspect's name, at the START of the video. That is required or I send it back to you for correction. If you have a book or a website, don't forget to squeeze that in somewhere, but that is optional. 

Panic-at-Year-Zero-1962-poster.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I wanted to mention the differences between taking the time to submit your 'suspect video' to me, rather than to Eric. 

If you submit yours to me, I guarantee if you have a Cooper book out there, your sales will take a jump. 

If you submit yours to me, I will guarantee that many more people will actually see the video. 

If you submit your video to me, I guarantee that the production quality will be slicker, and much better. 

If you submit your video to me, you will retain all the rights, I won't edit the thing, and you will be allowed to embed it anywhere you wish. 

To:  Robert at adventurebooksofseattle AT Gmail dot com. B| 

EDIT: I think it's time for a WordPress article on this offer, as well as a video on how any Cooper Party held in Portland this coming November can be made into a success. 

The first thing that entails is either removing Eric as the organizer, or requiring him to start appointing committees that include ALL Cooper fans, investigators, or public figures associated with the case. Is Eric fit for this job, or not?  He was assigned this task a few months ago. So far, it's been a 'not,' in my humble opinion. Murmurs are rumbling about it. *Some* folks are no longer favoring the non-plan proposed by Eric to organize the biggest Cooper Event in NW history. 

You'll excuse me if I have an objection about letting the whole thing descend to nothing, when it could be SOMETHING. I worked on it for a few months prior to Eric showing up.

I will do the video over the June 21-24 weekend, with the WordPress release at the same time. I still think Eric might be the right guy to host the event, but so far his plans are not forthcoming. Some folks are becoming nervous, and for good reason. If you want to be Fearless Leader, then there are responsibilities that go with that job. 

And the main one is to cooperate with people, bring everyone into the mix so that any event will pack the house. If you have an agenda, you should ditch that right now and go for the public good and a successful event. Otherwise this job is not for you.

All I've seen or heard about this so far (privately) indicates people are bailing. The article and the video will explain it all. You don't respond to emails, or to any comments made at DZ regarding your many videos. You don't address issues. This is the sign of a poor leader, but that's just my opinion. If you can't hack the job, let someone else take the reins. It's important, and you only have six months to go. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Well, if you REALLY believe that...then submit your three minute video on WHY you believe that...B|

It's my best advice.

I have received one notice this week from someone who IS planning to send in their video. 

EDIT: I had to make some modifications to ensure confidentiality to the studios who created the reel below, to obtain posting permissions, but it is now available at YouTube. Thanks go out to the producers of the movie with Martin Sheen, Badlands, for the use of of brief scenes from that picture. 

What reel?

Are you kidding or what? B| Enjoy. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Eric Ulis - I did look at the video. I was glad to see you haven't fallen for the idea that Cooper was some sort of black-ops thing. However, you have to wonder why the FBI suddenly decided to 'close' the book on the Cooper case, which they usually don't do in unsolved cases. At the same time, they said they would still take a look at any new evidence submitted in the case. 

This is an obvious contradiction. Why would they announce they were closing the case, and then say they would still look at evidence if it were submitted? On top of that, they said they were sending all the evidence and files on the case to Washington DC, allegedly to the Smithsonian. 

There could be a third possibility. For example, that some people in the FBI got wind of the REAL reason for this action of 'closing' the case and doing those other things. As if some people knew the case HAD been solved...but there was no longer a reason to pursue it...because they had pegged the identity of the hijacker somehow, and that hijacker was dead anyway. This is not necessarily a cover up. This is more of a withholding of information, and an unwillingness to spend any further government money on such a situation. 

There is also another fact about this 'closure' of the case. That order did not come from any of the field offices, but was done by someone responsible for that decision at the main HQ for the FBI in Washington, DC. To date, no one in DC has actually taken responsibility on a high level for that decision to close. You should ask yourself who exactly pulled the trigger on that decision, and WHY did they finally do it?

If you believe Special Agent John Jarvis, the 18-year veteran who works in Behavioral Profiling in Quantico, it was because the FBI figured out the identity of Cooper, and they knew that person was dead anyway. His story is supported by US Navy engineer (civilian) Troy Bentz, and two friends of Bentz', who claim that Agent Jarvis iterated that the FBI had ID'd the hijacker. The evidence on this story is strong enough that sometime, somewhere, some ONE is going to have to answer for it...sooner or later. 

BELOW:  Special Agent John Jarvis

johnjarvisFBI.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

"Why would they announce they were closing the case, and then say they would still look at evidence if it were submitted?"

Why?, because the evidence they are looking for doesn't skirt around the fact of real proof. the parachute, money, notes etc. that would link the person to the crime is all they will accept. they grew tired of the same old "he was a skydiver and missing that weekend" the 302's are littered with suspects just like the more popular ones. it got very old I'm sure..

The case is NOT closed. they don't have agents actively working on the case. it's a put up or shut up kind of offer....