10 10
quade

DB Cooper

georger

"...Not to mention that it is entirely possible that Tina knew or at least crossed paths with KC since she mostly flew to Japan for the last 5 years or her NWA career -- until she retired in 1981 and joined the convent on Valentine's Day becoming Sister Ann Marie. (approx 1976 - 81)..."

Since you keep posting this information, Smoke, I'm gonna keep asking:

"Where do you get this stuff about Tina??? Can we access it, too? It's dyn-o-mite!"

Please share.

It's all in the record - no magic wand needed.

What record? Actually....you might need a magic wand to find it. Before the age of computers, NWA had a habit of purging paper files every few years. You can find out more about this by contacting Bruce Kitt at NWA History Center.

'Quote from: Coopsnoop on March 22, 2014, 09:43:20 PM

Thanks for the e-mails and PM's. Appreciate it. But, I don't read the DZ. Quade didn't want me around (or Snowmman either). As for some photo of Blevins with a gun...........my only question to Georger, Bruce, Shutter, and the rest of the "gang," ....did Auburn City Hall receive their copy?'

Well, probably not because they have better things to do. It wasn't a 'photo of Blevins with a gun'. It was a stock picture of an SKS I pulled from the internet. If you are referring to the picture of me popping off my S/W 4506 with the ejects flying over my head, well...I always shoot in legal and safe areas no matter where I go. It's good policy. I also hunt occasionally, and I eat whatever I'm lucky enough to get.

Shutter: Give it up. This is the 21st century. I will look at the Dead Zone site anytime I wish. Anytime...;) I get a kick out of doing it despite your flimsy efforts. (*laughs*) Boy, you guys must be REALLY afraid of me. Fortunately, you are not the general public, but only a limited convention, and when you do that, the public wonders why.

Not that I'm interested in a place that supports people who use slander and lies to forward their points, of course. And if you believe Cook doesn't actually drop by DZ occasionally, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you might be interested in.

RobertMBlevins

Update: I got an email and a phone call from Bill Mitchell, and a returned package. Wrong Bill Mitchell. I had three possible addresses for him. Apparently I picked the wrong one. Guy said he wished he WAS the right Mitchell, and apologized that he wasn't. No big deal. At least I got the pictures, etc returned. I will try to figure out which of the remaining two addresses is the right one. It's a common name. This happened a few weeks ago. I know some of you were waiting to hear, I probably should have said something earlier. My bad.

Yes. Magazine well. Not slot. I used slot because I thought some people wouldn't know what mag well meant.

HA HA HA - Ask Vickie what I told her in a PM! HAHAHA. I knew the address was NOT correct. Remember I kept asking if u had an answer & u offered up flimsy reasons! Sort of guess you didn't really send anything.

Mitchell would go to the FBI - not U!
You listen to no one other than that voice in your head. The witnesses or anyone who reads this thread - would NOT give your story the time of day, much less a response!

Why can U not see the handwriting on the wall? Blevins it is OVER! Spending money and time to write a screen play!
DUHH!

How gullible do you think the world is?
NO on second thought just how gullible are U?[:/]
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Danielle1010

this may sound sound offensive but i like when Geestman calls you a liar and when he dies i'm gonna piss on his corpse
*** He's lying-Bernie Geestman on Decoded referring to you

Nope, Blevins isn't lying. He's just wrong about KC being Cooper. KC isn't even a suspect. No matter how many documentaries, books or screenplays get done on him. He is simply not a suspect.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

Well, we think we have enough now to go forward with the script. I wouldn't worry. Probably won't sell anyway.

Cooperland is very defensive regarding Kenny Christiansen, and this only matters to Cooperland, not the general public. Those are the people I care about, not Cooperland, which I consider a cult (of sorts) full of people who will pull any dirty trick in the book to forward their agenda.

But a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...the public often sees through that easily. And when they do, they want to know why people with an interest are so defensive. It's simply human nature.

Parrothead Vol says in part:

'Nope, Blevins isn't lying. He's just wrong about KC being Cooper. KC isn't even a suspect. No matter how many documentaries, books or screenplays get done on him. He is simply not a suspect...'

Really? Even I can't say that KC is Cooper for sure, so how do you know? That's strictly your opinion on it, not an actual fact.

I appreciate it that you said I wasn't lying. This is better than some other people I could mention. Like a guy who simply makes up whatever he wishes regarding the relationship between me and Skipp Porteous. Article forthcoming on that. :)

RobertMBlevins

"...Not to mention that it is entirely possible that Tina knew or at least crossed paths with KC since she mostly flew to Japan for the last 5 years or her NWA career -- until she retired in 1981 and joined the convent on Valentine's Day becoming Sister Ann Marie. (approx 1976 - 81)..."

Since you keep posting this information, Smoke, I'm gonna keep asking:

"Where do you get this stuff about Tina??? Can we access it, too? It's dyn-o-mite!"

Please share.

It's all in the record - no magic wand needed.

What record? Actually....you might need a magic wand to find it. Before the age of computers, NWA had a habit of purging paper files every few years. You can find out more about this by contacting Bruce Kitt at NWA History Center.

Actually No! Where do you think Smokin got it all - from the thread! Duhhhhhhh. Smokin reads the thread, keeps track, much to your disliking. Smokin is a 'normal' person!

So Bubba ... read the thread.

Youve been being told to read the thread since the day you arrived clear back in 2010.

Smokin has a different agenda than you have.

:S

Not to mention that it is entirely possible that Tina knew or at least crossed paths with KC since she mostly flew to Japan for the last 5 years or her NWA career -- until she retired in 1981 and joined the convent on Valentine's Day becoming Sister Ann Marie. (approx 1976 - 81)

The article mentioned the yr 1981, but I saw nothing about 1979. Why was there rumor she was in Gresham in 1979 working in a home for the elderly. Even Mr. H & and media said she was working in Gresham at the time of the money find?

This leaves a mystery. As you know she is in Eugene now and NO longer a nun. Perhaps she was on assignment to Gresham at a home for the elderly, it was my understanding it was after 1979 that she went to the convent.

As for me - I only knew what I was told by Mr. H and everyone knows I strongly disagreed with the stories told by Bruce Smith - the smut writer.

Thank you for the article - I will treasure it because after she spoke to me in 2004 I refused to intrude into her life other than to leave a message 3 times - one to warn her about Bruce & the other to deliver a message from the co-pilot. Another was to say how sorry I was about Galen Cook finding her & that I felt responsible.

The only time I ever spoke to her was when she contacted me because of a letter I SENT her.

I sent NO pictures nor made any demands. I sent a donation with that letter for her to use for whatever charity she wished. I still have a copy of the letter I sent her....it was short.

Tina was kind enough to call me. What we discussed was and will always be between she and I.

where do you get the idea anyone is afraid of you? who cares about the general public other than yourself. you bring it up all the time.

If I wanted to act as childish as you have been doing, I would start a whole section about you, but I'm above that. so keep on bashing. no worries here. if I was that worried about the all mighty Blevins I would close it to members only. I realize IP's can be changed. trust me, your not a threat by any means. the door is wide open, anyone can come in and notice very little chatter about you.

422 post, and about 8, maybe 9 about you. the rest is about Cooper. can you say that about this forum? doubtful because your to busy bickering about not being allowed on a forum, and what Cook has said about
you. I suggested this once before, talk to Cook about you little problems. you have lied twice now by stating you were not going to view the forum. I have lots of news media friends, would you like me contact them? perhaps they could put all my wrong doings on my local news? or pull some strings and get me flushed out on the History channel.

I'm kind of shocked about all the free passes you get on here to be honest.

1. No personal attacks.

2. No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None.

3. No advertising in the forums.

4. Post to the correct forum and stay on topic.

3 & 4 you have a huge problem with......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Anything anyone says to Blevins is like trying to douse a RAGING forest fire with a bucket of water!

He only thing that can stop him is a tell all book or movie endorsed by the crew & the FBI. Was it not Blevins who claimed to have worked for a mental facility? Maybe he was a resident & not a worker.

This coming from the Crazy, Delusional Off Her Rocker OLD lady!:o;) Maybe not - what do you think?

"This coming from the Crazy, Delusional Off Her Rocker OLD lady! Maybe not - what do you think? "

I don't think your off your rocker......most of the time B| we have had bumpy times, but still manage to discuss things on and offline without any real problems worth mentioning.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

where do you get the idea anyone is afraid of you? who cares about the general public other than yourself. you bring it up all the time.

If I wanted to act as childish as you have been doing, I would start a whole section about you, but I'm above that. so keep on bashing. no worries here. if I was that worried about the all mighty Blevins I would close it to members only. I realize IP's can be changed. trust me, your not a threat by any means. the door is wide open, anyone can come in and notice very little chatter about you.

422 post, and about 8, maybe 9 about you. the rest is about Cooper. can you say that about this forum? doubtful because your to busy bickering about not being allowed on a forum, and what Cook has said about
you. I suggested this once before, talk to Cook about you little problems. you have lied twice now by stating you were not going to view the forum. I have lots of news media friends, would you like me contact them? perhaps they could put all my wrong doings on my local news? or pull some strings and get me flushed out on the History channel.

I'm kind of shocked about all the free passes you get on here to be honest.

1. No personal attacks.

2. No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None.

3. No advertising in the forums.

4. Post to the correct forum and stay on topic.

3 & 4 you have a huge problem with......

Well first, I have no desire to post at your alternate site. Trust me on this. You're the mod over there, and you've allowed certain users to spout more lies than Pinnochio. For example, Cook's false claims that he received emails from Skipp Porteous saying this or that about me. BS. Or...that Cook now feels compelled to consult 'lawyers,' which is actually funny because HE is a lawyer. That is not my doing, but yours. That is not my fault, but yours. You're the boss, but IMHO you've done a piss-poor job.

And now you are left with a mess where screenshots were taken, the principal contacted for their response, and now an article is forthcoming...with pictures.

If you had not blocked PM's, we could have discussed this privately and perhaps come to something reasonable. (I tried to contact you about it, but failed) That is also not my fault, but yours. I didn't realize you were so afraid of the truth.

You see Shutter, when you block lines of communication all that does is make it impossible to communicate. That is your right of course. But when you do that, all you REALLY do is relenquish any control over your own environment. You no longer have any input, except publicly. It does not hurt me, or your alternate site necessarily, but YOU and YOUR reputation as the mod.

Skipp Porteous has responded in detail. And I'm going with that because I trust him. You are the one at fault here. All of this is YOUR responsibility. If you were trying to be a leader, you failed miserably in my humble opinion.

It's a free country, and when people come on the attack with BS, I'm going to respond and I'm going to try and do that well and let the public decide. One of the images I'm going to use is attached. Now Cook ('Coopsnoop') is quoting the Seattle FBI to assist him in his Blevins-Whatever?

All of the previous screenshots I've posted, as well as the one attached, will appear in the Newsvine article. I am a firm believer in the idea that people will often hang themselves if provided sufficient rope to do so.

don't threaten me with your blocked PM BS. your acting childish about the whole matter. plenty of lies have been said on this forum. you are no exception to it either!

If Cook gets out of hand, I let him know. I don't need you, or your threats of public attention. is there any misinformation on here? your bitching about things that occur far more often on here. I don't get your point. I don't care if you think Cook is lying. this is your battle. mine is controlling people on my forum. I addressed the issue days ago. some other things were mentioned. it's not worth all of your whining. this is the DB Cooper thread, not the Robert Blevins drama club. go as big as you can publicly. what will happen? nothing. where does the public give a hoot about you and Cook? do you think you are Walter cronkite? whats funny is once you show the link, people will show up looking for all kinds of drama, and realize nothing you blew out of proportion is there.

I'm done with you. I refuse to hold this thread up babysitting your problems.

mrshutter45

don't threaten me with your blocked PM BS. your acting childish about the whole matter. plenty of lies have been said on this forum. you are no exception to it either!

If Cook gets out of hand, I let him know. I don't need you, or your threats of public attention. is there any misinformation on here? your bitching about things that occur far more often on here. I don't get your point. I don't care if you think Cook is lying. this is your battle. mine is controlling people on my forum. I addressed the issue days ago. some other things were mentioned. it's not worth all of your whining. this is the DB Cooper thread, not the Robert Blevins drama club. go as big as you can publicly. what will happen? nothing. where does the public give a hoot about you and Cook? do you think you are Walter cronkite? whats funny is once you show the link, people will show up looking for all kinds of drama, and realize nothing you blew out of proportion is there.

I'm done with you. I refuse to hold this thread up babysitting your problems.

Well, IMHO you haven't done a very good job in controlling anything on that site. Yet you keep dropping by here to defend it and the lies you allow to be spouted like Linda Blair doing split pea soup in The Exorcist. :)
I can understand your frustrations. It's a tough job for sure.

And now I'm REALLY pissed. Route 530 had a mudslide that killed people and they are still looking for survivors.

You're not supposed to care about my articles at Newsvine, but since MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have viewed that column since March of 2007 and continue to do so, this might teach Cook a lesson. Maybe you as well.

you can't teach me anything Robert. I new you were using a program to hide your IP. I just didn't know which one. did you leave it on the screen shot to show off your ability to deceive, lie, and cheat?

you know "hidemyass.com"

mrshutter45

you can't teach me anything Robert. I new you were using a program to hide your IP. I just didn't know which one. did you leave it on the screen shot to show off your ability to deceive, lie, and cheat?

you know "hidemyass.com"

It doesn't matter. What matters is why I did it. So I could see the lies some of your users post...and RECORD them for future use.

Unless you have something to hide or whatever. I thought you were all about the truth and stuff. Apparently not, I think. :)
Do you really believe public posts can be hidden or banned or kept secret somehow? Get real.

RobertMBlevins

***you can't teach me anything Robert. I new you were using a program to hide your IP. I just didn't know which one. did you leave it on the screen shot to show off your ability to deceive, lie, and cheat?

you know "hidemyass.com"

It doesn't matter. What matters is why I did it. So I could see the lies some of your users post...and RECORD them for future use.

Unless you have something to hide or whatever. I thought you were all about the truth and stuff. Apparently not, I think. :)
Do you really believe public posts can be hidden or banned or kept secret somehow? Get real.

Funny! I take it on faithe that all of you writers/suspect pushers
and all like minded with an enterprise at stake are LIARS AND
FABRICATORS 99.9% of the time, because it goes with the
territory and the personality type!

Surely, you aren't going to claim you don't occupy a well staked out territory and have a personalty type? Are you!?

:D

Blevins you were pegged, gutted, and your hide hung on a wall
the minute you walked in here.

Welkomen to Kooperlandt ... artful dogger.

georger

******you can't teach me anything Robert. I new you were using a program to hide your IP. I just didn't know which one. did you leave it on the screen shot to show off your ability to deceive, lie, and cheat?

you know "hidemyass.com"

Surely, you aren't going to claim you don't occupy a well staked out territory and have a personalty type? Are you!?

I wouldn't take it on 'faithe,' as you say.
And I wouldn't count on your results using same.

I may be wrong occasionally, but I don't make a habit of 'lying or fabricating'. You keep saying that, but you haven't yet come up with a single example. Your post makes as much sense as going to a crack house for vitamins. :S

RobertMBlevins

*********you can't teach me anything Robert. I new you were using a program to hide your IP. I just didn't know which one. did you leave it on the screen shot to show off your ability to deceive, lie, and cheat?

you know "hidemyass.com"

I wouldn't take it on 'faithe,' as you say.
And I wouldn't count on your results using same.

I may be wrong occasionally, but I don't make a habit of 'lying or fabricating'. You keep saying that, but you haven't yet come up with a single example. Your post makes as much sense as going to a crack house for vitamins. :S

see - even your examples are extreme, and insipid.

crack house for vitamins?

Blevins for truth?

georger

******No big deal, but I'm going into the gunshop tomorrow to pick up my Norinco

Stay on topic, or at least try.
Oh, and G and yourself each agreed to not engage each other, that didn't last ling did it?

Matt
Matt

Sir Matthew: Why am I being mentioned?
I am not here. Even though my name keeps being brought up
or dropped by persona, here!

PLEASE, stay on reality.

Gone again.
G.

See post 52303, and 52334 etc, proves you are here, and engaging still, as well as this post. :S

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

RobertMBlevins

Well, we think we have enough now to go forward with the script. I wouldn't worry. Probably won't sell anyway.

Cooperland is very defensive regarding Kenny Christiansen, and this only matters to Cooperland, not the general public. Those are the people I care about, not Cooperland, which I consider a cult (of sorts) full of people who will pull any dirty trick in the book to forward their agenda.

But a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...the public often sees through that easily. And when they do, they want to know why people with an interest are so defensive. It's simply human nature.

'Nope, Blevins isn't lying. He's just wrong about KC being Cooper. KC isn't even a suspect. No matter how many documentaries, books or screenplays get done on him. He is simply not a suspect...'

Really? Even I can't say that KC is Cooper for sure, so how do you know? That's strictly your opinion on it, not an actual fact.

I appreciate it that you said I wasn't lying. This is better than some other people I could mention. Like a guy who simply makes up whatever he wishes regarding the relationship between me and Skipp Porteous. Article forthcoming on that. :)

Here is how I know: Mucklow and Schaffner both spent time with Cooper. They Saw him. They both gave descriptions of Cooper. To believe that Kenny was Cooper, you must totally disregard the descriptions of two people that interacted with him and had great reason to remember him. There is no indication that their descriptions are inaccurate. I'll take the word of eye witnesses any day over circumstantial evidence, that even if accurate, does not tie Kenny to Norjack in any way. Some have said that the FBI probably has some info that they have not released to the public that can be used to eliminate suspects. But, when it comes to Kenny, I think it's more a case of the known facts that eliminate him.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

***Well, we think we have enough now to go forward with the script. I wouldn't worry. Probably won't sell anyway.

Here is how I know: Mucklow and Schaffner both spent time with Cooper. They Saw him. They both gave descriptions of Cooper. To believe that Kenny was Cooper, you must totally disregard the descriptions of two people that interacted with him and had great reason to remember him. There is no indication that their descriptions are inaccurate. I'll take the word of eye witnesses any day over circumstantial evidence, that even if accurate, does not tie Kenny to Norjack in any way. Some have said that the FBI probably has some info that they have not released to the public that can be used to eliminate suspects. But, when it comes to Kenny, I think it's more a case of the known facts that eliminate him.

Looking at it from a totally objective point of view I have to agree. Much of the circumstantial "evidence" used to present KC has a suspect has been shown to be just plain wrong and/or non-existent. Now whether this is lying to make a story better or just sloppy research, I'll leave to the "millions" of readers to decide.

As for the anecdotes from people that knew Kenny and Bernie - even if you give the story tellers the benefit of the doubt that they can remember what Kenny and Bernie ate for breakfast 40 years ago, all of the stories can be explained in ways that do not require one to make huge leaps of logic in order to make them out to be master criminals.
To use the author's own analogy...It's like going to that crack house for vitamins - it could have all happened that way, but I doubt it. :D
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

matthewcline

*********No big deal, but I'm going into the gunshop tomorrow to pick up my Norinco

Oh, and G and yourself each agreed to not engage each other, that didn't last ling did it?

Matt
Matt

PLEASE, stay on reality.

Gone again.
G.

See post 52303, and 52334 etc, proves you are here, and engaging still, as well as this post. :S

Matt

Matt dear,

You do not really expect Jerry to really disengage now do you??? There are too many childish posting possibilities for that to happen.

Amazon

************No big deal, but I'm going into the gunshop tomorrow to pick up my Norinco

Matt
Matt

PLEASE, stay on reality.

Gone again.
G.

Matt

Matt dear,

You do not really expect Jerry to really disengage now do you??? There are too many childish posting possibilities for that to happen.

True, true. I forgot and thought they were adults for second.
What is that hip new saying that I dislike? Oh yeah, "My bad".

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

'Here is how I know: (that KC isn't Cooper) Mucklow and Schaffner both spent time with Cooper. They Saw him. They both gave descriptions of Cooper. To believe that Kenny was Cooper, you must totally disregard the descriptions of two people that interacted with him and had great reason to remember him. There is no indication that their descriptions are inaccurate. I'll take the word of eye witnesses any day over circumstantial evidence, that even if accurate, does not tie Kenny to Norjack in any way. Some have said that the FBI probably has some info that they have not released to the public that can be used to eliminate suspects. But, when it comes to Kenny, I think it's more a case of the known facts that eliminate him....'

Robert says: You are making many leaps of faith there. Eyewitnesses, in fact, are more often wrong, or don't agree...especially when under duress. I like to give the example of the Green River Killer. They interviewed Gary Ridgway in the same office where his sketch was on the wall. He frequented a 7-11 where that same sketch was on the front door. No one from either venue ever recognized him from the sketch. I think the evidence is available on Kenny enough that if the FBI was interested, they could check it out. They haven't, and probably won't. As far as the witnesses, Bill Mitchell recently told the Washington State History Museum that Cooper could have been wearing a toupee, Flo Schaffner has said KC's picture (sans toupee) was the closest to the hijacker she'd ever seen, and there is nothing official from Mucklow.

Smokin99 says in part:

'Looking at it from a totally objective point of view I have to agree. Much of the circumstantial "evidence" used to present KC has a suspect has been shown to be just plain wrong and/or non-existent. Now whether this is lying to make a story better or just sloppy research, I'll leave to the "millions" of readers to decide.

As for the anecdotes from people that knew Kenny and Bernie - even if you give the story tellers the benefit of the doubt that they can remember what Kenny and Bernie ate for breakfast 40 years ago, all of the stories can be explained in ways that do not require one to make huge leaps of logic in order to make them out to be master criminals.
To use the author's own analogy...It's like going to that crack house for vitamins - it could have all happened that way, but I doubt it...'

Robert says: You are right. Maybe it never happened that way and Kenny wasn't the guy. But I wasn't asking people to remember what he and Bernie had for breakfast. I was asking them for a LOT, but including what was going on the week/the day of the most famous crime in NW history to that point. For example, most people who were in the Puget Sound area on the day Mt St Helens blew up can tell you where they were and what they were doing...more than thirty years later. The Cooper crime is a good reference for peoples' memories. As far as Cooper being a master criminal, I don't see it that way. Some planning went into it, sure. But he probably jumped where he wasn't planning to originally, (wanted to take off with stairs already down) he didn't ask for an absolute fortune, ($200,000 was a lot, but many hijackers asked for more), and he came to the party ill-dressed for the occasion.

RobertMBlevins

'Here is how I know: (that KC isn't Cooper) Mucklow and Schaffner both spent time with Cooper. They Saw him. They both gave descriptions of Cooper. To believe that Kenny was Cooper, you must totally disregard the descriptions of two people that interacted with him and had great reason to remember him. There is no indication that their descriptions are inaccurate. I'll take the word of eye witnesses any day over circumstantial evidence, that even if accurate, does not tie Kenny to Norjack in any way. Some have said that the FBI probably has some info that they have not released to the public that can be used to eliminate suspects. But, when it comes to Kenny, I think it's more a case of the known facts that eliminate him....'

Robert says: You are making many leaps of faith there. Eyewitnesses, in fact, are more often wrong, or don't agree...especially when under duress. I like to give the example of the Green River Killer. They interviewed Gary Ridgway in the same office where his sketch was on the wall. He frequented a 7-11 where that same sketch was on the front door. No one from either venue ever recognized him from the sketch. I think the evidence is available on Kenny enough that if the FBI was interested, they could check it out. They haven't, and probably won't.

Smokin99 says in part:
***'Looking at it from a totally objective point of view I have to agree. Much of the circumstantial "evidence" used to present KC has a suspect has been shown to be just plain wrong and/or non-existent. Now whether this is lying to make a story better or just sloppy research, I'll leave to the "millions" of readers to decide.

To use the author's own analogy...It's like going to that crack house for vitamins - it could have all happened that way, but I doubt it...'

Robert says: You are right. Maybe it never happened that way and Kenny wasn't the guy. But I wasn't asking people to remember what he and Bernie had for breakfast. I was asking them for a LOT, but including what was going on the week/the day of the most famous crime in NW history to that point. For example, most people who were in the Puget Sound area on the day Mt St Helens blew up can tell you where they were and what they were doing...more than thirty years later. The Cooper crime is a good reference for peoples' memories.

The breakfast comment was made to emphasize a point. Usually, Robert, a memory marker is made when an event holds a special personal meaning to the person and/or is one of huge catastrophic or national importance. For example, Mt St Helens would fit because it was a catastrophic and a national historical event that affected many. Where you are and what you are doing when you hear that a major public figure is killed or dies.

On the other hand, DB Cooper likely wasn't really an "event" for regular folks until time went on and he was equated with being a folk hero. Hijackings were a dime a dozen. I just don't think that DB Cooper would have equated to a memory maker of that level to that many everyday people just going about their daily lives. Just like I doubt if passenger descriptions mean a whole lot - why would they have had a reason to notice just another guy on the plane.

But let's just say for the sake of argument that people happened to take note of this hijacking above all of the others because he jumped the plane and it happened on Thanksgiving Eve. I still say that you might have known what you were doing or where you were but I seriously doubt if you could remember specific conversations and specific times, etc.

And then there is the fact that these people never ever mentioned this among each other, or wondered out loud - if the folks that they continued to be involved with could actually be responsible for a criminal terrorist act involving not only theft but a potential mass murder? Never even thought about it until they hear about this article in the NYT about ole KC. And then here comes someone that wants to interview them about it? Right. Let's just say it requires a bit of a stretch. There is absolutely no difference in their accounts and the accounts of the family or friends of other candidates that you consider suspect.

And then's there this....You can't say on one hand that eyewitness descriptions are bogus with your Green River analogy and then put the entire weight of your story behind eyewitness stories. It's falippin illogical.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill