47 47
quade

DB Cooper

guru: a couple of thoughts

1) Ckret posted a picture, showing a bag without handles, as the money bag at one time. So it's weird we're talking about handles now. I can't tell which is true. Handles or no handles?
(edit) my posting about the bank employee Grinnell. Unlikely he just carried an open bag before he gave it to Lee who gave it to Tina? unless there was plenty of loose fabric at the top?

2) Your talk about Cooper tying to himself sounds about right. But if cooper cinched the bag up, and then used another piece of cord to tie it to himself, worse case he's got a bag tethered to him. Unless the cord breaks, it's just flapping around giving him grief.

So I dunno. I'm not sure you can guess anything about whether the money detached or not. Both seem equally possible.

(edit) oh and: first post on the page.

Jo wrote amidst all the satchel text:

Duane was familiar with planes and he knew how to jump

for the zillionth time Jo: show your PROOF. I have seen zero evidence that Duane was a trained parachutist. I think you are posting a wish as a fact.

Duane never received Ranger training. Duane never made a parachute jump. You just wish that he had as it makes him a better Cooper candidate.

You keep mentioning that he knew an aircraft mechanic and helicopter pilot. Big deal. It doesn't make him a jumper or 727 tech expert. Not even the pilots of the NWA 727 knew it could be jumped.

I am being tough with you because you keep posting wishes as facts. Put up your evidence or stop extravagant claiming.

put your feet together bend at the knees slowly, straighten your legs quickly while simultaneously extending your feet towards tip-toes. Thats roughly how you jump! I believe most humans over the age of 3 have mastered that skill.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99 said "put your feet together bend at the knees slowly, straighten your legs quickly while simultaneously extending your feet towards tip-toes. Thats roughly how you jump! I believe most humans over the age of 3 have mastered that skill. "

See that's why I'm having a few doubts about this process of learning how to skydive over the internet.

I read an accident report about a guy who "jumped" and hit his head on the wing, and problems ensued.

With the comment that it's more about "falling" or stepping out of a plane, then jumping.

How could Cooper have had a chance in hell, if all the advice he got on the internet was crap?

So: which is it?

>What car, what plane, how'd it go?

I think it's in Joe Jennings "The Good Stuff". Out of a Skyvan and only eight seconds in the car. .

Love it. A friend has my copy, must get it back and look at that sequence again :) I have the one with some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff and it was really interesting to see how scared the guys were about the plane-to-plane jump (I mean rightly so, but it wasn't at all obvious from the clip)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

>What car, what plane, how'd it go?

I think it's in Joe Jennings "The Good Stuff". Out of a Skyvan and only eight seconds in the car. .

Love it. A friend has my copy, must get it back and look at that sequence again :) I have the one with some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff and it was really interesting to see how scared the guys were about the plane-to-plane jump (I mean rightly so, but it wasn't at all obvious from the clip)

There's a bunch of clips from "The Good Stuff" on youtube..for instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIAnG56FMMI
although that's a bit of a longer one.

some more at this search
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22joe+jennings%22+good+stuff&search_type=&aq=f
I saw a bunch. I suspect hangdiver's is probably in there somewhere.

377: this is a good post, unlike most of the crap posted here.

It isn't bad Snow, but if you want a blue ribbon, edit the post to show Elvis in the Bubbleator. Better yet show that Viva las Vegas, Burning Love and In the Ghetto were derived from the Bubbleator theme music.

You need to think out of the box and into the Bubbleator if you want to solve Norjack.

Funny how Hangdivers's son is a Ranger and Duane was trained as a Ranger... full circle, small world, six degrees of separation, all that stuff.

They found a dead Cougar on Highway 17 yesterday Snow. I've been driving that road for decades and have never seen one. That's within your RF kill zone. Were you running any experiments last night with low launch angles? Just wondering...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

As you know, I spoke with the president of the company making the bank bags who said that they didn't have records as far back as the Cooper-era. My discussion with him was focused on the possibility of the bag/money staying contained for an extended time. He thought it possible for the bag to stay intact in water or out in the elements of nature for years. The weave/knit of the bag fabric is meant to endure rough treatment. He thought it would take a very long time for the bag to degrade to the point of allowing the money to 'escape'.

Yes, Ive read all that. You and Safe were more
interested in float time. But beyond 'canvas' you failed to ask the size of the bag or the type...
is that about right?

So, unknown bag has 'rigorously calculated float time' and potentially could have stayed in tact
protecting the money for decades? Maybe even
water treated? (bees wax DUCK solution was the
usual treatment for heavy canvas back then. You
could get the stuiff at any mil surplus store. And
Mechanics Illustrated even had a project for
building a canvas boat. My cousin built one and
had it in the Columbia at Vancouver, in December
1963).

So the bank Pres didnt supply any photos and
you didnt ask?

attached are two bags of different size and type
both used at Seafirst -

How do you carry 10,000 stacked and bandled
$20 bills if in an open unsealed bag ... it must have been a large bag you could grab at the top ?
How do you keep $5800 from just dropping or popping out if the bag is tilted and open?

Its very rare that a company that makes things
doesnt have photos of the things they made.
I wonder if Seafirst would still have one of those
old bags still around? Somebody keeps track of
History somewhere? Should we turn this over to
the History Detectives (NPR)?

Of course the bag (nature of it) is KEY to "protection
of the money". Otherwise we have lose bundles
flopping, floating, dancing around all over the place
enough to wallpaper a castle, lose in the environment - and nobody ever finds even one bill
except for the bundles Ingram (and Denise!) found
semi exposed then dug out at Tina Bar.. band remnants still in place. Maybe "protection" was Mother Earth and not 'a bag' afterall?

In Ckret's original 'original' he seemed very careful
to mentioned 'handled bag' and 'cemented bundles' (cemented by muck). The muck was examined
for sand type and other things.

Bags and muck. Or maybe just muck. It didnt have to be "in" the water to collect muck, just near the
water.

I keep trying to image a big white open light duty canvas bag with 10,000 twenties in it sitting in the Washougal of which 2.5 bundles cemented together
winds up at Tina Bar, all by hydrology. Thats a little
like a 400 lb fat man sqeezing through a door, and
exiting 399 lbs lighter squeezing back out through the keyhole. Nahhhh, never happened.

377 said "It isn't bad Snow, but if you want a blue ribbon, edit the post to show Elvis in the Bubbleator. "

So you don't think I have a picture of Elvis holding hangdiver's new grandson in the Bubbleator?

I mean, hangdiver has already admitted the Ranger connection...what do you want, egg in your beer?

Don't you remember when Elvis broke on thru to the other side?
August 16, 1977
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

And the WOW! signal was August 15, 1977
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Those FBI just don't know how to run an investigation.

377 said "They found a dead Cougar on Highway 17"

I heard some weird crying in the woods two nights ago.
two animals definitely calling to each other. Couldn't tell if it was deer...strange sound, wasn't coyote.

One was on the side of a big gully. I was wondering if a fawn got separated from mom...it was that sort of "come get me" cry...could hear the other kind of crying "this way"

pitch black..I don't know how they get around at night. I see their tracks all the time. See them a lot too. Nothing like deer to get the old dog excited though. She thinks that's her job (to keep them away).

377 said "It isn't bad Snow, but if you want a blue ribbon, edit the post to show Elvis in the Bubbleator. "

So you don't think I have a picture of Elvis holding hangdiver's new grandson in the Bubbleator?

I mean, hangdiver has already admitted the Ranger connection...what do you want, egg in your beer?

Don't you remember when Elvis broke on thru to the other side?
August 16, 1977
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

And the WOW! signal was August 15, 1977
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Those FBI just don't know how to run an investigation.

THE ABOVE IS A CERTIFIED GOOD POST. 377

This money bag stuff bears some scrutiny once more. If Cooper had a satchel with handles the attachment to the rig would have presented far less of a problem. Still, it would be a MESS at high exit speeds. Things break under those airloads and torques. After landing from my DC 9 jet jump I heard of all sorts of things that had blown off jumpers, stuff which had withstood normal freefall forces in prior jumps.

Snow has proven that Aliens foretold Elvis's death. Given the distances involved to likely sources for the WOW signal, they knew about Elvis waaay before he was born. Georger is an astronomer of sorts, and a radio guy too. Your thoughts on the WOW sig G?

As a Coast to Coast AM guy, I am amazed the FBI/CIA alien signal 180 phase cancellation generator let that one (the WOW signal) get by. They must have popped a main circuit breaker while erasing all of Duane's files and it took down the whole facility at Langley.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

It still amazes me that the river travel folks, hold on to tributaries as something that obviously MUST be analyzed, yet rarely bring up the issue of storm drains.

If the money bag separated, it could have landed anywhere, since Cooper could have jumped anywhere.

If you don't like the Columbia, pick some open thing feeding to storm drain to Columbia.

Explain why that is less plausible than any river you're in love with.

If you can't, you're part of the conspiracy. I know. An old lady in Florida asked the FBI to prove her husband wasn't Cooper, for 14 years. The FBI wasn't able to do it.

Why?

For the love of god...I ask Why? Why? Why?

It still amazes me that the river travel folks, hold onto tributaries as something that obviously MUST be analyzed, yet rarely bring up the issue of storm drains.

Do storm drain efluents end up in the Columbia or do they have to go through any treatment facilities, debris screens or settling ponds? There is a lot of road oil and junk in storm drain water. Don't know what the regs were in 71.

377 said "Things break under those airloads and torques. "

I'm an expert on car drops because I posted once on a thread where a guy who was in a car drop posted and I watched some youtube video.

in any case, one of the car drops there (yellow car) was interesting because the door opened while the car was flipping (from the forces I presume) and I was surprised the guy flipping out of it didn't actually get creamed by the car/door/whatever.

Think of the forces on that car door once the car flipped sideways.

It still amazes me that the river travel folks, hold onto tributaries as something that obviously MUST be analyzed, yet rarely bring up the issue of storm drains.

Do storm drain efluents end up in the Columbia or do they have to go through any treatment facilities, debris screens or settling ponds? There is a lot of road oil and junk in storm drain water. Don't know what the regs were in 71.

I suspect a bunch straight thru. We looked at this when we were analyzing Vancouver lake stuff. There were maps of storm drains. It's an important part of the whole water flow system.

It's pretty rare to process water thru storm drains, isn't it.
hence all the "drains to bay" stuff, and why they don't want you to dump used oil in storm drains...goes right out.

Georger I edited out part of what you said - ONLY to make a point.

both used at Seafirst -

How do you carry 10,000 stacked and bandled$20 bills if in an open unsealed bag ... it must have been a large bag you could grab at the top ?

Its very rare that a company that makes things doesnt have photos of the things they made.
I wonder if Seafirst would still have one of those old bags still around? Somebody keeps track of History somewhere? Should we turn this over to the History Detectives (NPR)?

to mentioned 'handled bag'.

Georger those are two good pictures and your idea about the History Detectives - is a great idea. They would concentraate ONLY on the bag and who knows what they might discover along the way.

I have heard several different descriptions of that bag from people who should know - and those who interviewed the witnesses and the writers of books who also claim to have spoke with the witnesses and dectectives and what one witness has made claim to.

Perhaps it would be a good exercise to mention each by name - then the descriptions they gave of the bags over the yrs. Not to use our own concept of the bag...show them after they make their description, pictures of all possible bags and choosing the one closest.

What I have heard

1.Himmelsbach:
a. bag with a drawstring.

2.Tosaw
Plain grey canvas sack
with no zipper, drawstring
or any other way to close
it.

3. Tina Mucklow (someone
needs to reference any
statements she made to
the media. She was the
person who I understood
handed the bag to Cooper.

4. Since she was present when
Cooper offered money to Tina
didn't she also see the bag.
It was after the money
arrived that the witnesses
and part of the crew were
released.

5. Unidentified witness
Claimed bag was a satchel
with a leather handle and
this person claimed to have
seen the bag.

6. Carr by way of his having
access to the file . Did
he read that part off and
if that this part of the FOIA.
Canvass bag with leather
handle.

7. Media - useless unless the
writer actually interviewed
the witness or FBI - (then
the statesments would be
added to those of that
"witness").

8. Gunter - (he did interview
one of the stewardess) -
claims canvas Bank bag
the size and weight of
2 very large city phone
books.

It was one of the very early documentaries that stated satchel and it even showed Cooper with a leather and canvas satchel. Flat retangular base, with leather straps and leather handle.

The 2 photos that Georger posted are good. The whitish - grainy bag is similar to what I saw, but it seemed like the writing went the other way - but I only opened it part way..

The heavier bag with the closure on it is similar to what one of the witnesses said, but I got the opinion it had a very secure closing on it..from the description given.

If we can develope good photos of all kinds of bags it could have been and then show these pictures to a witness - we nail down the bag. This is what the History detective would do.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Georger I edited out part of what you said - ONLY to make a point.

both used at Seafirst -

How do you carry 10,000 stacked and bandled$20 bills if in an open unsealed bag ... it must have been a large bag you could grab at the top ?

Its very rare that a company that makes things doesnt have photos of the things they made.
I wonder if Seafirst would still have one of those old bags still around? Somebody keeps track of History somewhere? Should we turn this over to the History Detectives (NPR)?

to mentioned 'handled bag'.

Georger those are two good pictures and your idea about the History Detectives - is a great idea. They would concentraate ONLY on the bag and who knows what they might discover along the way.

I have heard several different descriptions of that bag from people who should know - and those who interviewed the witnesses and the writers of books who also claim to have spoke with the witnesses and dectectives and what one witness has made claim to.

Perhaps it would be a good exercise to mention each by name - then the descriptions they gave of the bags over the yrs. Not to use our own concept of the bag...show them after they make their description, pictures of all possible bags and choosing the one closest.

What I have heard

1.Himmelsbach:
a. bag with a drawstring.

2.Tosaw
Plain grey canvas sack
with no zipper, drawstring
or any other way to close
it.

3. Tina Mucklow (someone
needs to reference any
statements she made to
the media. She was the
person who I understood
handed the bag to Cooper.

4. Since she was present when
Cooper offered money to Tina
didn't she also see the bag.
It was after the money
arrived that the witnesses
and part of the crew were
released.

5. Unidentified witness
Claimed bag was a satchel
with a leather handle and
this person claimed to have
seen the bag.

6. Carr by way of his having
access to the file . Did
he read that part off and
if that this part of the FOIA.
Canvass bag with leather
handle.

7. Media - useless unless the
writer actually interviewed
the witness or FBI - (then
the statesments would be
added to those of that
"witness").

8. Gunter - (he did interview
one of the stewardess) -
claims canvas Bank bag
the size and weight of
2 very large city phone
books.

It was one of the very early documentaries that stated satchel and it even showed Cooper with a leather and canvas satchel. Flat retangular base, with leather straps and leather handle.

The 2 photos that Georger posted are good. The whitish - grainy bag is similar to what I saw, but it seemed like the writing went the other way - but I only opened it part way..

The heavier bag with the closure on it is similar to what one of the witnesses said, but I got the opinion it had a very secure closing on it..from the description given.

If we can develope good photos of all kinds of bags it could have been and then show these pictures to a witness - we nail down the bag. This is what the History detective would do.

Questions first -

Do you happen to have the post Ckret made about the bag in the locked down thread?

How do get into this locked down thread or is that
impossible?

Both Safe and Guru were referring to that Ckret post
which I have never seen ( I wasnt here then). I sure
would like to read that post ???

Im going off and chase something else for 30 mins
and will be back ...

SafecrackingPLF introduced the idea of handles.
I believe there is no post where Ckret mentioned handles.
I have searched.

here's what Ckret said on Nov 28,2007 (note that it's the locked thread)
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3029831;search_string=zipper;#3029831

Seafirst security packaged the money (all of the serial numbers on the bills had been prerecorded by Seafirst) into a white cloth bag with no zipper or draw string.

here's where I believe SafecrackingPLF misquoted
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3149616;search_string=handles;#3149616

SafecrackingPLF posts: Ckret specifically said "handles with no zipper"

I always cut and past whenever I quote someone, especially if I use double quotes. Note SafecrackingPLF paraphrased, and used double quotes. I think he introduced myth.

Probably because he was brainwashed by the mistress.
Or? was there more to the misdirection?

(edit) we also know the site search index was rebuilt about a year ago or so. So even if Ckret editted in "handle" we should be able to hit it with a search (there was a search issue on editted stuff a while back. not sure if still there)

It's really funny how we can't keep basic facts straight.

I think it's because there's just a couple. You get those right, and everyone starts creating bullshit theories, which is fine.

But that's all there is. And then we argue about whether someone's bullshit theory is fact or theory.

And then we argue about whether it's a good theory.

But all theories are possible. There's not enough evidence to exclude anything.

What a perfect crime. Except for the possible dying part.

Jo posted this> > Notice that Georger, nor I, nor Sluggo, nor Safecrack and others who are vested in this investigation are currently posting.

I should have been more clear to whom I was replying.
I can't seem to find the original post now, but Jo was saying we were all off topic with no pertinent info and then pms me for more info on smoke jumpers saying it was an interesting post.

Man I'm sure glad I got that cleared up.

Snowmman said>hangdiver, we discussed that and your weed problems, that got you talking about smokejumpers. Now throw out the stash...I mean airtwardo's a grandpa, show some respect and say "congrats"...lighting a big one is supposed to be a cigar, not a doobie.

snowmman you should know we call it "medication" in northern California. My doctor says so.

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Interesting story about what kind of guy thinks he can get away with stealing $17 million in cash

(true story, in 1997)

Google Books has most of the pages, so you can start reading at page 1 and scroll thru

http://books.google.com/books?id=FHmrc2f8CmIC&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Now what kind of guy would steal $20Million to build a tunnel in South Africa?

Or smuggle drugs to rent C-130s to help set a new record bigway? :)

Jo said "Notice that Georger, nor I, nor Sluggo, nor Safecrack and others who are vested in this investigation are currently posting. "

vested, invested...you say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to...as long as the subs get paid in SA, the tunnel gets built!