47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I hope you all give me a second chance at becoming an integral member of this fine community.

You've got to be fucking kidding, right?!

Until we see jump numbers, watch you under canopy and see if you know how to pack...as minimum requirements... your chances of becoming *anything* within THIS community are about as slim as the members of this forum finding that DB Cooper lived to see another day.

Not quite true, you can become an outcast almost without trying.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

While DZ is primarily a skydiver's website/Forum, there is no doubt that the media, bloggers,authors and others have made this site infamous for it's DB Cooper threads.

Infamous or Notorious?

The skydiving community is rather small and tight knit, we do disagree here, but tend not to insult too much as you never know when the guy sitting next to you on the plane might be the guy you called an asshole on-line. . .and since at the end of the day we usually have more in common with each other than differences, arguments are trivial.

I think a lot of the people on this forum don't have that kind of connection, everyone has their opinion and if it's not agreed upon they lash out.

That being said, you Mr. Green admitted to being out of line and apologized...that's more than some of the posters in this thread ever do. Accepted and forgotten, we ALL have a bad day now & then! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I hope you all give me a second chance at becoming an integral member of this fine community.

You've got to be fucking kidding, right?!

Until we see jump numbers, watch you under canopy and see if you know how to pack...as minimum requirements... your chances of becoming *anything* within THIS community are about as slim as the members of this forum finding that DB Cooper lived to see another day.

Not quite true, you can become an outcast almost without trying.

No problem

You don't need a credit card to preview it. Get a credit card and move into the twentieth century, unless you're afraid somebody will trace it down and discover you're DB. Billions of dollars are safely spent on the internet every day. Unless you accept that some Nigerian wants to transfer millions into your bank account you're safe.

arfuller, I have moved into the 21st century and have been the victim of identity fraud not once but twice! I have since gone green. Green as in cash. The amount of trouble my wife and I had to go through was incredible.

Okay Green. Sorry for your problems. You can probably read all you want at Google books for free. I don't think I'll waste my hard earned bucks on that book. It probably doesn't make any more sense than all these guys flirting with each other and talking about people the FBI ruled out 30 years ago. My spouse worked for an airline, and I can't imagine an employee hijacking a company plane and then working for that airline another 20 years. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Airline employees know each other. Somebody would recognize them for sure. And if my spouse was deceased I would certainly want them remembered as a criminal that terrorized stewardesses.

BTW, nobody has offered me enough to jump out of an airplane yet. It might be worth $200,000 from an airline though.
The Money Connection

Back to Cooper. I can't find the new book anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find it. I do not use credit cards online so Amazon is out of the questions. Does anyone have a copy they have read that they would like to sell or let me borrow? I will gladly return the book in the exact condition from which I received. any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Book a Million - do you have one close by - call and see if they have it. Are you a Cosco or Sams member. I like Sam's - cheaper. Ask the book store to get one in. I also do not use Amazon and never order anything on line (thought I was one of the last individuals who refuses to bank on line)!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

:|[:/]:(
Ringo was the below post at all necessary - it was RUDE:

He apologized for any offense and this is what you said:

nope, apology not accepted. go back to kindergarden

That was not necessary and it was very rude of you Ringo.

Also you made the following remarks:

Ringo you said in another post:

the name calling and bashing is usually deleted before you can read it. just not what this site is about. i am surprised that the moderators let it go this far.
i would like to see everyone sharing facts, new, old, ridiculous, or even just crazy. you can politely call a cop an asshole, to his face. i myself have left the "retard" comment. some of the comments i have seen on here are personal and malicious. this is not how this site is normally used. IT IS A TOOL FOR LEARNING.

Perhaps you need to tone your own posts down:

:)
[:/] I believe Quade is the moderator and not you, unless there have been some changes made. Why aren't you attacking others who make negative remarks and get off topic? Not one time have any of you called JT down for his posts. For heaven sake for several pages all that was discussed was Orange and Farlung discussing Holland or some other places they had been - ABSOLUTELY not COOPER RELATED at all.

Green does NOT come across as a writer or media - he seems like someone interested in the subject since all of the hype has been going on. Most of your posts in this thread have not been about Cooper. I also have not seen you critize others for their behavior. HAVE you RINGO read the entire THREAD?

How about we ALL get on TARGET and talk about Cooper. THERE are things to talk about we have not talked about. I believe somethings are getting ready to bust into the media within the next 2 months and we need to support this thread - not demean it. The DZ has played a part in History and it's role is not over just because of a Book. Definitely the book will cause newbie to come and take a look at what is being discussed.

Why Mr. Ringo did you not get huffy with Tacomman and Pat91 regarding ALL of their questions that could be found by reading back into the thread ...just as Green did. I still have not found the offensive post. Perhaps I have had so many targeted at me that I have a thicker skin.:)
Can't everyone agree to disagree and stay on target. Remember with the Cooper story so out in front right now - lots of individual are coming here - if for nothing else to learn about all those crazy people in that book.

Best way is to go to the book store and have them order it and get it sent to your home.

Since I live so far from major department stores and bookstore that is what I do if it doesn't show up at Sam's on my 4 times a yr visits.

Jo wrote about Jerry Thomas

You put me in the hospital twice with your words, but now you can never hurt me again.

Jo,

The armed forces would be very interested in these word weapons that can hospitalize targets. Come on Jo, Jerry didn't put you in the hospital. That's too big a stretch. And blaming Jerry for his daughter's drug problem (if she has one) is a low blow for you. You normally take a higher road.

I know you blame Jerry for deliberately misleading you and he does attack you as a liar all the time here, but don't let his actions cause you to lower your own conduct standards.

I do hope your health is improving and that you got your accident damage claim resolved satisfactorily.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

That being said, you Mr. Green admitted to being out of line and apologized...that's more than some of the posters in this thread ever do. Accepted and forgotten, we ALL have a bad day now & then! ;)

Exactly what I was thinking!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I am just tired of JT's attacks and he scares me. I am afraid of physical harm from that man.

The way JT uses words could cause one to have a heart attack. He is the meanest man I have ever spoke to on a phone and in this thread. He stressed me so badly twice, I did ended up in the ER.

1.When he called me LIAR LIAR over and over for 40 minutes.

2. When he was threatening on this thread to go to the senior center and call the media after I have kept quiet for 10 yrs. Being quiet in your area doesn't mean you have stopped your search - I am just not exposing myself locally and I keep a low profile.

I am not blaming JT for his family problems - READ Geoffrey's book. All of this about his daughter and her opinion of her father is in the BOOK. JT gets caught more than once in lies in this book...and another book. So if he gets caughts in a book on lies - WHY does this man continue to ATTACK me with almost every post he makes calling me a liar over and over and never presenting one iota of proof.

I have proved in the past with emails and with a live broadcast that he was the one lieing, yet he is allowed to consistently attack me every time he posts.

He has yet to recognize that I am not a liar or teller of stories.
If Jerry looses it the way he does in this thread and has the animosity he shows toward me in this thread - I fear what he might do in person. He carries a gun in his car per the book...I don't care if he has a permit for it...the man is too verbally volitile to be carring a gun.

Come on Jo, Jerry didn't put you in the hospital. That's too big a stretch.

{bang! bang! bang!}

...that's the sound of 377 hitting his head against a brick wall. (reading Jo's response to his post!)

Jo is taking the high road less and less often, btw, and not just with Jerry. It's almost becoming a standard response to anyone who disagrees with her. (Georger gets accused of being a drunk, I get accused of being a bad mom, etc ....) I guess it's stress and desperation, and every new suspect who - at least till they are ruled out - raises the possibility of Duane not being Cooper worsens it. The catch for Jo is that anything that others might definitively be ruled out on, has ruled out Duane too.

And back to talking of actual evidence, anyone got any comments on the supposed hair fibres?

Sluggo's website says:

The tie was kept as evidence for samples of his hair and other fibers.

But I've never heard anything about hair actually being found on it....?

I have heard rumors - there are always rumors -
but Im just not in a position to actually know about such things. I wish I was. I have email from a number of people including Geof Gray I havent opened today - Im almost affraid to open it - sure
Im going to be chewed out for something. So... Im
going to get myself going, get a shower, go out to eat, and waste the rest of my 'day off?' then open email sometime tonight. Sounds like a plan!

I have email from a number of people including Geof Gray I havent opened today - Im almost affraid to open it - sure
Im going to be chewed out for something. So... Im
going to get myself going, get a shower, go out to eat, and waste the rest of my 'day off?' then open email sometime tonight. Sounds like a plan!

This is a question you might know how to answer. Geoff said Sheep hair. That is odd.

How does Sheep hair compare to poodle hair? Curious and idiotic question, but you have come to expect those from me.;)

Or was it processed sheep - hair like in a Wool scarf?

The federal agents who where on the plane, I understand were removed from the plane separately from the other passengers. Do you know WHY?
I have a reason to need this answer.

It was not like these guys were secret agents. I know what one of them did - process orders. I was told they broaded in Missoula - but, do not understand this. I have forgotten for where the fight originated and if any connections were made.

The same person tried to tell me they boarded in Missoula because of connection being late. Is this true?

Just some questions rambling around in this empty brain of mine.

Now this silver 'you' found. Would the finish to the plexiglass used on the Boeing windows have this 'silver' in them or be finished off on the outside with this silver. The windows are tinted as we all know. Now be careful how you answer that question - it is loaded.

I do not understand a lot of the technical things you discuss, but after reading this in the Geoff's book (about the silver) I am curious. I want to hear your explanation because things we tell others get lost in the translation from what we actually said to what ends up in print.

I also understood that one of the passengers was a skyjumper for the forestry - is that true?
I remembered reading about this man back in my early research and then never heard any more about him.

Sheep hair would transfer real easy to the tie - we have been told it was folded over and between the 2 seats. But NO ONE has ever explained the time frame between evidence being retrived and the tie being located.

Sheep hair could get on that tie by transfer - wool likes to cling. That wool or sheep hair could have been from a prior passenger who sat in that seat.

This is a question you might know who to answer. The said Sheep hair. That is odd.

How does Sheep hair compare to poodle hair? Curious and idiotic question, but you have come to expect those from me.

We had a poodle........His name was Pepe'

Now this silver 'you' found.

Metal from counterfeiting plates?....probably not. All his plates were in the custody of the Secret Service. In addition, I doubt if the metal fragments would be on the money after 9 years...Next??
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Books and many other goods and services are available on virtually every street where they can be purchased in virtual reality.

You’ll have to drive, walk or ride to a grocery, drug or convenience store as the first step in this quest.

Watch out for that door, did it say PULL? Once inside you will notice a visual cacophony of displays. After all, this is America.

At the end of most aisles is a pegboard with an offering of gift cards for goods and services in denominations from $5 to $500. Yes you can buy a dishwasher at a 7-11 now.

Keep looking and you will see a card with a big ass ‘a’ printed on it. If there is an attractive employee in the area this is a good time to act scared and confused by the gift card wall. She will help you because it is her job.

Be sure to talk down to them because that is customary treatment for anyone in the services industry and they expect and appreciate it. Not sure how? Just wait a minute and listen carefully, you’ll hear the call of the indignant as their species vocalize everything 30 decibels louder than average conversational levels.

Now that you have the card for Amazon.Com in hand you can go to the checkout and pay using cash, chickens, carrots or whatever means you normally use.

Careful with that door on the way out.

Now you can go home, log on the internet and order a book just like a credit card but with the financial risk limited to the value of the card. Just another option on the world wide web.

Jumped yesterday in gorgeous CA summer weather. The views were incredible, Sacramento River Delta, SF City and Bay and quite a few sailplanes sharing the clear blue sky. Windy, but everything else was perfect.

Somewhere in reading about the newest Cooperette, Marla Cooper, I saw mention that the FBI found DNA on the cut up reserve remains (lines?) and on the tie. If they match then the tie almost certainly had been worn by Cooper. I cant find the reference. Is this true or reporter generated "evidence"?

I am late on the voting but I really like Farf's words and artwork. He is a real asset to the forum IMO. I wish Quade would consider probation for Snow. He will probably get banned again but until he did he'd really add value here. How about a ban vacation for a few weeks Quade? Let all the exhiles back for a trial period, Bob Knoss, Jamie Cooper, Snowmman, etc. Maybe they've mellowed and will "behave".

Gray is appearing at a local book signing soon and I plan to go. Snow thinks I am nuts, but I'd like to see what Gray says and also get a feel for the book buying public's interest in DBC. Sluggo says Gray is a good guy and a Sluggo seal of approval means something to me.

I hear Sheridan Peterson isnt even mentioned in Gray's book. That's odd to me since he was definitely an FBI suspect who merited a DNA request and lab work. He was cleared by the DNA test but is still a viable candidate in the eyes of some.

I realize I might be doing a "Blevins" here by reposting a mantra about a suspect, but please look at these qualifications:

USMC verteran

USFS Smoke Jumper

Boeing employee in tech docs during 727 roll out

Night jumper

Water jumper

Skydive instructor

Was broke in 1971, allegedly living in a mud hut in Nepal

Witnessed attrocities in Viet Nam and has a grudge

Reportedly asked a Boeing engineer about 727 rear door and stairs prior to his own employment there

Wrote a novel mostly about Viet Nam which has bourbon drinking in it, a oddly out of place walk along the Columbia River during freezing weather in inadequate garb and ends with a semi suicidal solo parachute drop into enemy territory with anxiety about height of terrain below. He even tips the helo pilot a twenty as I recall.

None of that makes Sheridan DBC, but it sure qualifies him. I am confident he could have pulled it off.

On the other hand, Pete seems to be a very principled guy, strongly opposed to violence and no criminal history that I could find. He also reports that he was broke in 1973 and retruned to Viet nam as a civiilan contractor. See
http://www.smartvoter.org/2006/11/07/ca/sn/vote/peterson_s/paper3.html

Any Cooper publicity is good from my perspectiuve, Gray, Marla, Blevins, bring it on. Were it not for these periodic flareups the fire would have died decades ago.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Publicity can backfire, though. If too many Marlas pop up, the public begins to lose interest...and when the FBI falls for it, then the public also loses what little confidence they have left that the FBI will eventually solve the case.

Marla was caught in an outright lie by saying her uncle LD was obsessed by the comic and kept a copy pinned to his wall. Being wrong or mistaken is one thing, but dedicated liars, simple publicity-seekers, those folks can cause damage to the people actually looking for the truth.

I wondered why Marla went to the media. Especially before the results of tests for fingerprints and DNA were complete. Then I read she was writing a book about her Uncle L.D. (insert AHA moment here)

It ruined her 'story' and her credibility.

Edited to add:

Believe it or not, I am open to the idea that there is another suspect out there who should be examined, or has not been discovered. But in order to present a suspect, the witness is allowed to be wrong, but they are NOT allowed to just lie their asses off in exchange for an appearance on ABC News.

Or does one need the media so the FBI will look or examine a suspect? Added pressure...
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

johnnyringo, your comment is duly noted. Thanks for your reply.

I do NOT know why they are all being so hostile toward you. I have no idea who Ringo is but he has not been a regular in the past. Usually they are very acceptable of newbies, but I don't know what they did with their manners lately. Sorry you have had such a bad experience here.

skydivers use dropzone.com for a learning tool. we share advice and try and keep it positive. agree to disagree maybe. i like the db cooper forum and we all can learn new things. the name calling and bashing is usually deleted before you can read it. just not what this site is about. i am surprised that the moderators let it go this far.
i would like to see everyone sharing facts, new, old, ridiculous, or even just crazy. you can politely call a cop an asshole, to his face. i myself have left the "retard" comment. some of the comments i have seen on here are personal and malicious. this is not how this site is normally used. IT IS A TOOL FOR LEARNING.

While DZ is primarily a skydiver's website/Forum, there is no doubt that the media, bloggers,authors and others have made this site infamous for it's DB Cooper threads.I made some comments that were meant to be funny that rubbed some folks the wrong way and i'm man enough to stand up,take responsibility for and apologize to anyone who was offended. I understand that there will be some posters who will continue to greet me and my supporters with insults like the above posts,however I will move on and hopefully some of my detractors will do the same.

accepted, :-) hope fully people will stop talking about "who's daughter is doing drugs" these are personal and malicious. did not mean to focus my disappointment all towards you. I hope everyone on here finds what they are looking for in a more respectful manner.

accepted, :-) hope fully people will stop talking about "who's daughter is doing drugs" these are personal and malicious. did not mean to focus my disappointment all towards you. I hope everyone on here finds what they are looking for in a more respectful manner.

When subjects like the above are mentioned in a Book they become public matter for discussion. When individuals do NOT want certain information made available then they should not talk about it to writers. I said nothing about Jerry or his family that was not public knowledge.