ahdz

Para Commander "R Mod"

Hi

I have a Para Commander that is an "R Mod " according to the data panel - what does this mean versus the Mark 1 and Mark 2 that I am more familiar with? D of M is 1975

Thanks for any help that anyone can give

Regards

Andrew

Didn't the RW model have shorter lines as well as being slightly smaller diameter?

My RWPC has 325# suspension lines 18' or so in length. Its dimensions are the same as my MK-1s.

I think my Sierra is also 24', and it has cascaded lines, something lighter than 550#.

I haven't measured my UT-15 (commie original to the Russian PC from Pioneer), but expect it to be as peculiar as are many things Russian.

I am not familiar with an "R Mod," but that does not mean much in and of itself. I'll look it up in my PC manual, and ask some of the folks that have more PC experience than do I.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I agree with this. By '75 interest in the PC was waning substantially. It was about this time that they came out with the RW PC; I know little of this canopy. The 'MOD' may have been their way of ensuring that the patents still covered their range of PC canopies.
My $.02 worth.

Well, 1983 is after 1979. Could be they changed the fabric when F111 came out.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nope.

My 1983 ParaGear catalog lists an F-111 RW PC that fits in a Stato Star container.B|

There was a light blue one on our DZ that was real purty.

The picture of the ID panel on the one we are discussing shows DOM as 1975. Since F-111 was not around then, I would say "yep". The first RWPC's were made of 1.5 rip stop.

As Wendy said, they may have changed over by 1983. But I have a feeling they were not selling many PC’s of any version by that time.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Registered Trademark. There were 7 types of PC's manufactured: MK1, 24' dia 0-10 cfm 2.2 oz taffeta type III 550 suspension lines, 21'-22.5' line length rate of descent 15.7 fps @ 190 lbs first year made 1963, MK2 similar to MK1 but less drive first year made 1968, Competition 'Comp PC', also similar to MK1 but shortlined to 18.5 ft higher turn rate and higher rate of descent first year made 1971, 23' and 27' Russian PC whole different story on these, 28' MK1 (for the fat boys), and the RW PC first made in 1975 and probably the best of the bunch. Low canopy weight, low pack volume, low rate of descent (14.5 FPS @ 190 LBS) 0 cfm 1.5 oz ripstop 375 lb type II lines 18.5'. by then everyone wanted squares. The 70's was a transitionl period for jumping and we all 'modified' our gear for one reason or another so there's no telling what you'll run across in some old dud's garage or storage shed. We butcherd everything. I've owned a 27' Russian and currently have a MK1, MK2, a custom made MK1 and and RW PC with Pioneer 3 and 4 pin containers and curved chest reserves all in mint condition. Too old and too fat to jump them now but I still like to wear them around the house and during sex.