Jessica

Ow, my hands.

iynx,
Awareness of where you are, and where others are in the sky is paramount in the annals of safety.
Learn from -others- mistakes spoken of here and also at your DZ. Keep your eyes and ears open to learn. I see you asking very good questions here on this newsgroup. Keep it up and learn! You're on the right track.
Try and limit your own poor judgement experiences, but when they do keep your mind open to listen to those more experienced (and have proven themselves trustworthy and knowledgable).
Best yet, stay after jumps, buy the beer, and sit around the campfire and learn. This was one of the best pieces of advice my own FJC Instructor gave me when I first started in this wonderful sport.
Where do you jump again? Remind me. I'd love to meet you some day and swap stories. :)ltdiver
Track as if your life depends on it! For it does! :)____________________________________________
LightDiverCam

I'm jumping a Cobalt 150 loaded at 1.3:1 and its going on 150 jumps with no slammers. Its actually got the problem of having such a slow opening the slider gets stuck a lot.
I've attached a picture of it in a normal snivel... just subtract the tube and its a normal opening.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Back on track. I try and keep my hands out of the risers now. In the mid ninties I had a finger ripped to the bone next to the nail, through a set of newman gloves! The gloves weren't damaged but I had to go get stitched up in the middle of the boogie.
I got used to wearing gloves all the time jumpmastering static lines. I always pulled the static line by hand. (Yes it was hooked to the airplane too.) I needed gloves to keep from tearing up my fingers. I've gotten so used to it that I don't like jumping without them.

Two things:
1) I used to have that problem: it could be packing technique or it could actually be your gear. Mine was packing more than anything else...
2) I 've posted a similar photo in Skydiving talk back-caption contest, very very similar! Slider is further up though......

I jump at the Lodi, CA Parachute Center. One of these days, I'm gonna get my step-dad to fly me down to Perris (We're lucky enough to own our own airplane. A 1976 Mooney M20F) and we might meet there. If we ever do meet, I'd love to swap stories. I don't have any good ones of my own, yet, but I always love hearing others'.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience?- well, that comes from poor judgement.

OK I must be the only mutant here who actually goes for the risers during deployment.

Last sunday a new skydiver came to our club he's into freefly he told me that at opening he likes to grab the risers and separate them so that his side camera doesn't gets hit.
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

"This is actually a darn good article. "
This is actually a darn good website, it posts the 'best' of the British magazine, and has loads of good stuff on it.......:)There's loads here from beginning freefly, to 4-way, CRW gear checking and some great interviews with people, plus some very nice snaps.....
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Hey Froggie, how's yer footie team doin huh?
Looks like they are performing like Scotland normally do.....
Kleenex, naw, I don't bother cleaning it up, I got Canadians to do that for me...LOL
Ya gotta admit our mag is way better than the one our colonial cousins put out though, and we have the nowse to put the good stuff on the net......If more people visited this site before posting inane questions about their poor wee itty bitty sore paws, we would have more bandwidth to wind up each other, talk about boobies, beer, cars, etc etc etc...
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Holding a tube during deployment would just freek me out!

I've got video (no, not me) of a hand-held tube doing it's darndest to try and eat a deploying canopy. Canopy opened fine but it's one of those videos that makes you go "AAAAAAaaaaaaa!!!" :o
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

I've got video (no, not me) of a hand-held tube doing it's darndest to try and eat a deploying canopy. Canopy opened fine but it's one of those videos that makes you go "AAAAAAaaaaaaa!!!"

Any chance of posting it in the video section here?
ltdiver