angryelf

Lost Prarie Boogie

Will there be a Lost Prarie Boogie in Montana this year and if so, when? Never been, heard good things and also heard that it was maybe not going to happen in 2010? Anybody in the know?

-Harry
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

also heard that it was maybe not going to happen in 2010

That rumor seems to start every year and for 42 years now it's proven not to be true. I'm going to go with "not true" again this year for #43.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh wow, a lost prairie thread on Jan 1!! Maybe we will get the slack that the eastern boogies get :P

Just kidding, sky mama, I know this will be locked as soon as your hang over is over:o

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Oh wow, a lost prairie thread on Jan 1!! Maybe we will get the slack that the eastern boogies get :P

Just kidding, sky mama, I know this will be locked as soon as your hang over is over:o

Doc....why do you have to harass Skymama to no end...I tell ya what skymama, i will hold him and you can beat him at fitzgerald -----:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I tell ya what skymama, i will hold him and you can beat him at fitzgerald -----

I'm game for that! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The boogie is awesome but it has one huge flaw. They are very much aware of the flaw but still refuse to address the issue.

YOU CAN NOT HEAR MANIFEST !!!!

We are set up along the flight line but unless are the first 8 tents set up right beside the manifest loud speaker, you are screwed. It got to the point that manifest got sick and tired of hearing people constantly ask them to turn up the volume all day long that they ended up posting a condescending notice:

“IF YOU CAN NOT HEAR MANIFEST, MOVE CLOSER, TAKE THE CARROTS OUT OF YOUR EARS OR TURN UP YOUR HEARING AID” Yea, nice.

The people who are directly in front of the loud speaker always got them to turn it down because they were being “blasted out”. The skydiving planes that are at the boogie are from Skydive Arizona. Those boys down there know what they are doing and have FM transmitters all over the place. Maybe one should be borrowed next year.

I have included a picture of how completely stupid it gets. I would say that we were about 10-12 tent widths away from manifest and then Mr. Buddy showed up to park his trailer in the tent area and effetely created a sound blocking wall between us and the loud speaker. Then to top it up, lets fire up Mr. Generator to drown out any possibility of knowing what is going on.

We ended up having a dedicated person to could the loads as they went so we knew what was going on and not to miss our scheduled load. Miss the load, loose your $$$.

BORROW A FM TRASNMITTER, IT IS SUCH AN EASY THING TO DO !!!!

Are you volunteering to take care of that for them?! Cool!

This is what I would do in my normal logical style. Talk to Skydive Arizona shortly before the planes fly to Lost Prairie. They have an awesome facility down there that has grown immensely over the past years. I'm sure they have upgraded their FM transmitters over the years to better quality ones. They may have one of their old ones still kicking around instead of throwing them out. You may be able to borrow it for the boogie.

Next step if they don’t have a spare one laying around, put some $$$ down. How much? How is $139? Found this one on Google in no time flat. Range 1/16 of a MILE (more than adequate and you get an even longer range if you put an external antenna on the manifest roof !!!).Clicky The up side of owning your own FM transmitter is that... well.... you OWN it and can keep it for all future boogies or normal day to day operations.

Some times you have to spend some money to make things better.... like the paved runway.

Yes that was us. 10 tent widths to me means 10 spaces of peoples tents, not 10 actual pup tents I guess :)

Yup, emailed Fred the week after we got back and sent him the same picture of the trailer parked beside us with the generator. Didn't hear anything back about that because our real conversation revolved around the cross tandem training they were doing for us as well as buying a couple of rigs.

A $150 FM transmitter wasn't a big thing in light of the other business we had down there but the more I think of going back, a $150 investment would make EVERYONE at the boogie very happy.

I was in the tent next to that trailer 2 years ago. The generator didn't make near as much noise as the occupants getting it on... :P

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It got to the point that manifest got sick and tired of hearing people constantly ask them to turn up the volume all day long that they ended up posting a condescending notice:

“IF YOU CAN NOT HEAR MANIFEST, MOVE CLOSER, TAKE THE CARROTS OUT OF YOUR EARS OR TURN UP YOUR HEARING AID” Yea, nice.

You didn't like my note? Dammit, and I tried so hard to be funny.

Y'know, hundreds of people go to LP every year. They set up camp away from manifest and then they set up another area to hang out in during the day near manifest. In the morning, they grab their gear and go spend a few hours down by manifest, with everyone else that is jumping. These people only complain about not hearing manifest when one of the wonderful manifestresses forgets that airplanes are louder than PA systems. And they're usually nice about it too.

I camped right across the road from you guys last year. We couldn't hear manifest, but we didn't need to because those who were jumping during the day were hanging out down by manifest, not in camp. Like everybody else.

The first rule of complaining is to only complain to someone who can do something about the issue you are complaining about. Repeated complaining to someone who CAN'T do anything about it accomplishes nothing other than irritating both you and the person you are bitching at. FYI for next year - the wonderful manifestresses at LP can't do a damn thing about the volume of the PA.

It got to the point that manifest got sick and tired of hearing people constantly ask them to turn up the volume all day long that they ended up posting a condescending notice:

You didn't like my note? Dammit, and I tried so hard to be funny.

I camped right across the road from you guys last year. We couldn't hear manifest, but we didn't need to because those who were jumping during the day were hanging out down by manifest, not in camp. Like everybody else.

Next year they can get their own potties! :D:D
'Shell

So what?? You jealous??? I have the god damn trailer and the "GENERATOR" you got a problem with that??? Go f##n park your tent somewhere else or get there earlier so you can get a spot!!! Don't bitch because you're in a tent!! I only started up the generator when needed!!!

Now that the OP knows the dates of the boogie and now that the thread has turned into a bitchfest, I'm going to lock this thread and look forward to the "official" thread on March 24th. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Please check our website for info about the Boogie. It's too bad that the thread will be locked soon.

Yes, I listen to comments about the Boogie from all quadrants and do my best to try to keep everyone happy. I will address the PA system problem. As far as noise in the campground, that is part of the event, just like the dust was for years until we spent lots of money to keep it down to a minimum. Hey, all it takes is money and everyone will be happy . . . right?

See you back here on March 24th.

---------------------------------------

Join us on FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54792876016
--
43rd Annual (2010)
Skydive Lost Prairie, Montana, Boogie
July 24 through August 2

Skydive Lost Prairie, Inc.
FFI: Fred Sand
Voice: 406-858-2493
Toll Free: 888-833-5867
FAX: 406-858-2405
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

WAHOO!!! It is AWESOME to see official word from you Fred.

I enjoy all aspects of the LP boogie....noise and prairie dust included. But do you think you can work on a cure for the hangovers that seem to happen? :)

Fred, thanks for hosting an amazing boogie. Cya in July!