-Joey-

Yet another newbies-with-cameras thread

Damn dude, give it a rest. I don't necessarily agree with everything some people say about jumping cameras with less than 200 jumps, BUT there is hard evidence that for a lot of folks its a major distraction. As it stands now there is no BSR, just a recommendation ....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

The snag hazard thing...

But not so much the risers, I would say the lines could catch the GoPro.

These pictures are still frames from a video of mine, I have one of those mounts that are "snagresistant" but these pictures still gave me chills.
If I would have had the normal mount or similar, I would have taken the camera off.
It's not worth the risk of having a GoPro with the snaghazard mount and seeing how close the two can come.

Why not just do what you wanna do and we'll piss on your grave if the opportunity arises.

Why try to convince those obviously more safety conscious that you...going against the general consensus is a good thing?

THIS dinosaur has seen your type come & go many, MANY times...when they come it's all mouth, ego & no brains.

When they go, it's on a stretcher or in a body bag.

You want to scoff at safety? Then do it quietly, by trying to make a big production all the time ~ ~ ~ all you do is show you're an attention whore and don't have any knowledge or skills to get you any REAL recognition.

Harden the fuck up skippy - your act is stale re-run....come back when ya got something.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I hope that in years to come, after you've seen a bit more of what this sport does to those who do not learn from the past, you are embarased at the posts you have made.

In the mean time, I hope the old foggies keep replying to your posts and keep the newer members of this site from taking your "advice" from killing them.

This does assume that you manage to live long enough to learn the danger of your attitude to both yourself, those who fly in vicinity of you and those who are foolish enough to follow your "advice".

Please take up bird watching. Or at least take a few years listening, watching and learning... the life you save might be your own.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

fcajump

In the mean time, I hope the old foggies keep replying to your posts and keep the newer members of this site from taking your "advice" from killing them.

I know that at least THIS new jumper can see right thtrough the arrogance of the OP. I've always viewed the BSR's and training and advice from my coaches as lessons learned the hard way by others so that I might not have to. Why would I want first person footage of my flopping about in freefall anyway?;)

I said it another thread and I'll say it again. If I want footage to show off or review, I'll hire one of the on-site videographers. They appreciate the business. When the day comes that I am able to safely fly a camera, I'll consider it. Until then, why chance it?

B| Great Attitude. You're one that's much more likely to become a F.O.G.

I look at it this way...
How many people ever fly (more than in a shinny tube)?
How many fliers will ever make even one jump?
How many first jumpers will ever become an experienced skydiver?

You're a F'ing SKYDIVER!!! How much MORE do you need to impress? And let me give the reader a small piece of advice... Impressing the ground is a tough job.

Blue Ones Big Mike! :)JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Why don't you impress us all by:

Getting an AFF rating, or
Getting on the podium at Nationals, or
Setting a skydiving world, national or state record, or
Getting a Master Rigger rating.

Then we might be inclined to take notice of your advice.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

-Joey-

What are we gonna do about all these young whippersnappers and their blasted technology? These damn kids with their POV cameras, their high performance canopies, and their rock n' roll! When I was their age I had to walk 50 miles from the landing zone to the hanger uphill both ways, and we didn't have any of these fancy schmancy devices with all of them buttons and whatchamagizmos! I swear if I see one more damn kid having fun while skydiving I'm gonna get out my cane and show him a snag hazard!

There's a word........rhymes with "banker".

Such a poor effort to troll....give yourself an uppercut.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

kallend

Why don't you impress us all by:

Getting an AFF rating, or
Getting on the podium at Nationals, or
Setting a skydiving world, national or state record, or
Getting a Master Rigger rating.

Then we might be inclined to take notice of your advice.

See that's the prevalent attitude of you old fockers. You think records & ratings are important... My posse knows I gots mad skillz. :S:)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

See that's the prevalent attitude of you old fockers. You think records & ratings are important... My posse knows I gots mad skillz. :S:)

pshwaw!!!!

just the other weekend, on a sit exit, I accidentally flipped on my head and touched the other freeflyer with the back of my helmet.

MY FIRST HEADDOWN DOCK!!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The world does not need any more shit 2-way sit fly videos. In fact, probably the only video a low timer could take that anyone might want to watch is the one where they inevitably get video evidence of themselves fucking up.

I dunno, Twardo...
Seeing all these idiots doing stupid stuff while wearing a camera *does* provide for some terrific training videos. In the past, we had to take experienced skydivers and have them 're-enact' stupid stuff in front of a camera flyer. Now we have a POV of the stupid stuff. The fact that it has killed a few and injured several is lost on most of the newbs anyway, so we might as well appreciate the upside.B|

Perhaps we could get Nick DG to make copies of the "Bounce book" and share that with the -Joey's- of the world. Perhaps life in the world of videogames makes some of the newer skydivers less sensitive or immune to what occurs when things go bad. After all, it'll never happen to them, right?
[/sarcasm]

DSE

I dunno, Twardo...
Seeing all these idiots doing stupid stuff while wearing a camera *does* provide for some terrific training videos. In the past, we had to take experienced skydivers and have them 're-enact' stupid stuff in front of a camera flyer. Now we have a POV of the stupid stuff. The fact that it has killed a few and injured several is lost on most of the newbs anyway, so we might as well appreciate the upside.B|

Perhaps we could get Nick DG to make copies of the "Bounce book" and share that with the -Joey's- of the world. Perhaps life in the world of videogames makes some of the newer skydivers less sensitive or immune to what occurs when things go bad. After all, it'll never happen to them, right?
[/sarcasm]

That's it. They're "special." They are such a gift to the world that there's no way that fate would take them. They might say something like "better to die young than to grow old" or "a life so much sweeter for it's brevity" or similar bullshit, but they don't really believe it.

They simply can't conceive of their own death. It's not gonna happen. They're immortal, at least for now.

Sangi freely admitted this after his accident.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

That's it. They're "special." They are such a gift to the world that there's no way that fate would take them. They might say something like "better to die young than to grow old" or "a life so much sweeter for it's brevity" or similar bullshit, but they don't really believe it.

They're not that eloquent. It's more like "YOLO, dude!" :D:S:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

airtwardo

Why not just do what you wanna do and we'll piss on your grave if the opportunity arises.

Why try to convince those obviously more safety conscious that you...going against the general consensus is a good thing?

THIS dinosaur has seen your type come & go many, MANY times...when they come it's all mouth, ego & no brains.

When they go, it's on a stretcher or in a body bag.

You want to scoff at safety? Then do it quietly, by trying to make a big production all the time ~ ~ ~ all you do is show you're an attention whore and don't have any knowledge or skills to get you any REAL recognition.

Harden the fuck up skippy - your act is stale re-run....come back when ya got something.

+1
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

-Joey-

Troll deleted. Leaving the rest of the thread up in case it's of value to someone. We will see.

Thank you, mods! Troll is getting pretty tiresome.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth