upndownshop

SkyFest 7: July 11th to 16th 2007 @ SD Spaceland!

SkyFest 6 was by far the best in its history. The event is not about being the largest it is about quality. We want to thank each one of you, including the manufacturers and sponsors that make this event a huge success. Nothing can happen without it, and we thank you for your contributions.

Of course SF will still cater to the newer jumper while still offering the experienced some great skydives!

We have arranged with the local military to have a couple of F-16s do the opening ceremony for SkyFest 7, as well as an Apache and the Coast Guard will show up with static displays.

Items in the works:
Beach Jumps Wed and Thur.
Team Fastrax
Steerman bi-plane
Texas SkyFlock! (Wingsuit records)
Canopy control courses
Water training
For those who have never experienced this uniqe event:
Go to www.skyfestboogie.com for more details

SF is currently looking for volunteers if you are interested, please drop me a PM. I am already behind the power curve.
I am need of some help in some of these categories:
Thread killing (make sure I dont kill this one:S)
Website updates
Ads, Marketing
Write ups, Press relese, etc..
MIsc. forms, sign up sheets
During the event help, booth, auctions etc.
The list goes on.
Thank you

I am working with the WFFC to take some of SF "Specialty Events" to the convention. Should be real exciting, more to come!

Here is some of what ya’ll did last year!

SkyFest stats: (not everyone filled one out)
• $3,950 donated to 15 jumpers this year alone in coaching/canopy control courses.
• Over $16,000 donated in the past 6 years to 56 jumpers.
• Zero reported injuries
• 75 Otter, 42 King Air, 37 Casa, 31 Pitt loads, 28 Powered Parachute (rides), , 16 Pac 750 & 2 G. Caravan,
• 316 registered
• Slightly over 3,000 jumps made in four days!
• 5 drop zone owners support
• 14 manufacturers attended
• 43 different drop zones represented
• 22 states
• 3 countries
• 14 Load Organizers
• 16 way FreeFly Texas State Record
• 30 way Women’s Texas State Record
• A license holders – 16% 45 jumpers
• B license holders – 21% 59 jumpers
• C license holders – 13% 37 jumpers
• D license holders – 51% 145 jumpers

SkyFest scholarships have now been given out to jumpers in 5 states Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, and Tennessee.

I cannot express the gratitude I have for everyone involved.:)
Mark your vacation time now!

Thank you
J

THE LIST

dzmemories
namgrunt
nannerbanner
popsjumper
sharimcm

notice it in alphabetical order

I added my name... In alphabetical order. :D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Just like with the Lost Prarie boogie, we're not going to have a thread going for 6 months for an event. From past experiences, I've learned that all of the important information will be lost amongst the post whoring. I'll lock it and leave it up so people can still read it. I'll unlock it in late March.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Can I go?

dzmemories
namgrunt
nannerbanner
popsjumper
sharimcm
UpNDown

notice it in alphabetical order

Woohoo! I'm in between two hotties! ;) Thanks popsjumper and upndownshop!! Let's keep it that way! :o:D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Nothing at all against Jay or Skyfest,I think it is a great event.But I think your point is well made in the Dublin thread already.It has been up for 24 days and it's already 15 pages of mostly nothing.Maybe it is time for some event forum guidelines from the top.

I agree with the idea behind it. My only concern is that due to the dates of SF around the 4th of July. It really makes a difference when scheduling time off. If the event doesnt get posted till almost April then many people will not be able to attend.
Now, is this the only place they can find news about it?
Of course not, lots of money is spent in other areas. We had a banner hear last year, magazine ads, website, etc.

But if DZ.com truly is the best skydiving forum (whatever their slogan is) then we shouldnt hold that knd of info. Maybe a "starting" post that only gives dates and a "structured" layout for a while. then when the time comes the thread is unlocked. I dont know:S
I dont know even why this one was unlocked...not bitching of course.
I appreciate the hard work from everyone involved with DZ.com so I will abide with wat they want...wel try anyway.

Now chris.....get off my thread! Go get a dublin thread locked!!!! AGAIN..just kidding.
be good all

J

Nothing at all against Jay or Skyfest,I think it is a great event.But I think your point is well made in the Dublin thread already.It has been up for 24 days and it's already 15 pages of mostly nothing.Maybe it is time for some event forum guidelines from the top.

I agree with the idea behind it. My only concern is that due to the dates of SF around the 4th of July. It really makes a difference when scheduling time off. If the event doesnt get posted till almost April then many people will not be able to attend.
Of course not, lots of money is spent in other areas. We had a banner hear last year, magazine ads, website, etc.

But if DZ.com truly is the best skydiving forum (whatever their slogan is) then we shouldnt hold that knd of info. Maybe a "starting" post that only gives dates and a "structured" layout for a while. then when the time comes the thread is unlocked. I dont know:S
I appreciate the hard work from everyone involved with DZ.com so I will abide with wat they want...wel try anyway.

Now chris.....get off my thread! Go get a dublin thread locked!!!! AGAIN..just kidding.
be good all

J

That is something I suggested.It's all good.You'll just have more pages of nothing than me.:D

J,

Do you want to setup a system were there can be seminars through out the boogie this year? Something along the lines of having someone from a discipline give a "how to get started" in something talk basically. For low time jumpers specifically, but for all jumpers to learn from and get ideas from. Have Trent and the gang do a "how to get into FF" have someone like Keith Mallet or Mark Futch give the talk on how to get into RW, etc.

I think it could be setup to give some good guidance and then to pair people off with organizers and/or coaches for the rest of the day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

J,

Do you want to setup a system were there can be seminars through out the boogie this year? Something along the lines of having someone from a discipline give a "how to get started" in something talk basically. For low time jumpers specifically, but for all jumpers to learn from and get ideas from. Have Trent and the gang do a "how to get into FF" have someone like Keith Mallet or Mark Futch give the talk on how to get into RW, etc.

I think it could be setup to give some good guidance and then to pair people off with organizers and/or coaches for the rest of the day.

Ahhhh my first volunteer.:)
What do you think?

J

be good all

J

That is something I suggested.It's all good.You'll just have more pages of nothing than me.:D

oohhh... You did, in alot less words....:) Isn't it? Maybe there could be a way for the "poster" of the event to collect the data and repost it at the top. It is an issue and I really dont have an answer.

So good luck to all of you and thanks for supporting SF 7. This even includes the MOD's, DZ.com and yes,;) Lee.

I have wanted to go to this all year. Are there any confirmed aircraft yet? Also will there be balloon jumps?

Of course we have our usual:
Casa
Otter at least one
Caravan
heli
Powered Parechutes "rides"
Steerman pending
Balloons pending

The guy who has the PP's and the Balloons can not make it this year. he has hooked me up with some PP's and will try for the balloons. I am reaching out for other possibilities. I have not given up and wont until the 17th of July;)
See you there!

I would love to come to a boogie in Texas one of these days... BUT ..... July in Houston area... arrrrrgggghhhhh you would have to have an ambulance standing by just to keep me from dying of heat stroke.

I will leave this one to yall ... I have been in the NW for so long I like my 70 and 80 degree summer days in July. ( did I mention the Humidty up here then is like 45%)

I would love to come to a boogie in Texas one of these days... BUT ..... July in Houston area... arrrrrgggghhhhh you would have to have an ambulance standing by just to keep me from dying of heat stroke.

I will leave this one to yall ... I have been in the NW for so long I like my 70 and 80 degree summer days in July. ( did I mention the Humidty up here then is like 45%)

I agree with you. It's hot and humid here in Alabama, but Texas just takes those to a whole new level! :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban