upndownshop

SkyFest 7: July 11th to 16th 2007 @ SD Spaceland!

Since I live in Houston, I think I'll be able to make it.

Great! Look forward to seeing you again Walt. You were a true work of art to have spent time with last year. We need to get together and get some jumps together. See you in July.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your little banning;)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Unfortunately it's been a while since I've been to Spaceland. What can we expect for landing patterns for HP landings vs. conventional landings?

Unless the memory of the average skydiver has dramatically increased in the last few weeks I suspect much of the norm.:S

Unfortunately it's been a while since I've been to Spaceland.[:/] What can we expect for landing patterns for HP landings vs. conventional landings?

Walt

Hey Walt

First, sorry I didnt get to catch up with you at Dublin.

I am not sure of the exact wording of Spacelands rule at the moment but I can tell you that there are four different landing areas.
I will get with Steve and see if we can get a drawing and rules for the areas.

We have been very "lucky' for SkyFest, in the 6 years and 20,000 jumps we have had one broken leg, and of course a few bumps and bruises. Which was done in freefall by two national champions. 37% of our customers are A and B license holders, wich amazes me even more with our stats.

If I am following you correctly, I for one am all about your concerns. We have an extremely safe event so far and I plan on keeping it that way. Of course I am worried and due to the nature of our sport we are probably "overdue" if you will. Which scares the HELL out of me. But all we can do is put the rules in place and enforce them.

I will get something posted as soon as I can.

Hope to see you there.

Unfortunately it's been a while since I've been to Spaceland.[:/] What can we expect for landing patterns for HP landings vs. conventional landings?

Walt

I talked to Steve earlier, he was already ahead of us. They are working on the wording and they want to see how the 150 ways go with the rules. He said he should have something by the end of the month.

I also found out that one of two aircraft have been confirmed. An Apache or a Blackhawk will be on static display during the event!! I want ot push some buttons.:)

Since I have to fly to this one Bob I leave it up to you to bring the Scotch this time. B|

yes sir

one fift of 40 creek with your name will be ready

have to teach you what is good to drink:S

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Come on man, anyone who has EVER been to the Dominican Republic knows that Red is what EVERYONE in america prefers. That and Camel cigarettes.

I'll have a pack of Kool's and a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 for Master Skymonkey in my RV.:SB|

Come on man, anyone who has EVER been to the Dominican Republic knows that Red is what EVERYONE in america prefers.

I'll bring you a bottle or RED oh great one. I think you can handle that nasty tasting stuff. You did a number on that big bottle of Crown I brought with at Dublin. As for the Camels, I think a nice Monte Cristo will do me a lot better.

Come on man, anyone who has EVER been to the Dominican Republic knows that Red is what EVERYONE in america prefers.

I'll bring you a bottle or RED oh great one. I think you can handle that nasty tasting stuff. You did a number on that big bottle of Crown I brought with at Dublin. As for the Camels, I think a nice Monte Cristo will do me a lot better.

R&J . . .

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Since I live in Houston, I think I'll be able to make it.;)

I guess since I might be living in Houston, I might be able to make it, too. I guess we'll see what happens between now and then. ;)

Walt - if you do go, and I am living in Houston, pick me up, take me to Skyfest against my will, and I promise to be kicking and screaming the whole way like a 4-year old child who just got her teddy bear taken away. :o:D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Walt - if you do go, and I am living in Houston, pick me up, take me to Skyfest against my will, and I promise to be kicking and screaming the whole way like a 4-year old child who just got her teddy bear taken away. :o:D

Tryin' to get me to give you a spankin'?:o:o

Walt

Tryin' to get me to give you a spankin'?:o:o

Walt

Promise? :o:D

Nah, I'm not a spanking kind of guy, but I'll take you to a bakery for some bread and entertainment!:D:D

Walt

:D I will SO be there!! Even if I *don't* live in Houston. Hot strippers outside bakeries in Houston just rock my world. :o:D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Lookin' forward to seeing you again.....and doncha be pourin' any beer on me this year!

Oh no! I wouldnt do that 2 years in a row! You had your punishment last year. We get to stand on the same side of the line this year and dish out the carnage!:ph34r:

Of course I am worried and due to the nature of our sport we are probably "overdue" if you will. Which scares the HELL out of me.

We're not overdue - we're gonna set a standard for safety and celebrate it on the ten year anniversary.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Walt

I talked to Steve earlier, he was already ahead of us. They are working on the wording and they want to see how the 150 ways go with the rules. He said he should have something by the end of the month.

I also found out that one of two aircraft have been confirmed. An Apache or a Blackhawk will be on static display during the event!! I want ot push some buttons.:)

Jay~

Given any thought to what we were talking about at PIA?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A Blackhawk on static display????? A No-Jump clause in the contract?

WTH...you freakin' TEASE. You just want to make us drool don't you?
:D:D:P

If you would have stuck around last year you would have seen it up close and personal.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A Blackhawk on static display????? A No-Jump clause in the contract?

WTH...you freakin' TEASE. You just want to make us drool don't you?
:D:D:P

Screw the blackhawk... I want a pavelow (MH-53) there to jump out of... :ph34r: its bigger then a Blackhawk and has a tailgate B|.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...