skyjules

Eyewear

Every time i'm in the plane I remove my helmet when were climbing up to altitude, it also reminds me to put my googles on before I put my helmet back on. So, the other day I was going to do a sitflying jump, was the first time I didn't take my helmet off. I ended up jumping without my googles, needless to say I couldn't really sitfly for that long, and I had to transition back to belly just to be able to read my altimeter. So, just a reminder, remember to wear your eyewear.

***Free bird Forever

It really depends on the person. I've done quite a few skydives without any eyewear on from hop and pops, to full altitude RW jumps and FF jumps. Its annoying, but it hasn't effected me an anyway.

Is it good for your eyes? Nope, but its not a huge issue if you forget them.

I would be more worried about corking into someone who might be above me if I wigged out on a FF jump.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i can sit fly just fine without gogles,it's onmy bellyin a normal rw postiion thatihave trouble with..... i've forgoten my gogoles on a few tandem video jumps andhad no problems suprisingly with being able to see just fine......... as for hop n pops i regularly jump with no gogles for those.....

Is it good for your eyes? Nope, but its not a huge issue if you forget them.

How bad? Dries em out? Dust? How quickly from bag deploy (at terminal) were you able to clearly focus on your opening?

A few weeks back I was at the back of the plane for the first time - most of the summer the jumprun direction had those of us landing at the rookie site going out first. I had taken to putting my goggles around my neck for the ride up and had completely forgotten about that as the door opens. Second to last was a TI who glanced me over, saw them on the neck and said "oh, there they are." Might have been politely pointing out my not readiness.

Sometime soon I'd like to intentionally go without, should it ever happen on its own.

Anyone ever lose one to relative wind when not wearing a helmet?

My vision never really blurred out. Got some tears going, but never really blurred it out, so basically, they were dried out a bit, but not severely. It was really not a big deal, just a little annoying.

YMMV
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The plane at my Home DZ usually has a pair of "Dumbass" Goggles in the cockpit in case one of the skydivers is one... they even have "Dumbass" written across the top (to reduce the possibility of someone taking them for themselves...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I lost my fullface helmet on an RW jump at 7K feet. It didn't seem to bother me except under canopy. That's when I really noticed the air rush.
My long hair was all knotted up though - another story.
Like someone else posted, I'd be more concerned that you transitioned out of a FF position early.

-------------------------
"If you've never jumped out of a plane, the best way I can describe it is it feels as if you've just jumped out of a freakin' plane."
David Whitley (Orlando Sentinel)

I'm really supprised that you guys have no problem with visibility in sit. That was my first jump from altitude when I didn't wear my goggles but I had to transition back to belly a couple of times just to check my altimeter. I wonder why it's the other way around for you guys.

***Free bird Forever

I wonder why it's the other way around for you guys.

it's because we are not human.. we come from the planet freeflyaaa.... there everything is backwards....

actually i have no idea...... i think it might be becasue i'm not looking down so my cheeks block the wind.. not sure....i can still "see" okay withought em just alot better on my belly with gogles...

I have never jumped w/out eyewear. But I have ridden my sportbike at 80MPH+ without.

I find it is easier to see without glasses than wearing bad sunglasses - as the airflow makes rotors behind the lenses.

I learned, should my glasses cause problems and I can't see the car in front of me, to rip them off and go without. But most of the time I wear a full face helmet on my motorcycle.

I don't know how well this translates to 120MPH freefall. Just my experience.

I went out with my goggles around my neck doing a feet first exit transitioning to a back fly out of a skyvan... I didn't notice until I flipped onto my belly; :S then calmly put them on at about 6000ft. From a zillion years of motorcycling and 170mph windblasts it didn't really seems like a big deal to me. I even wear contact lenses and had no problems. I don't think I will try and do it on purpose in the near future though. ;)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Cos in sit my eyes are in my ass burble.

I wear goggles that look a lot like sun glasses except they have a rubber layer round the rim and a strap clipped onto the arms.

I don't fuss with the strap for FF dives. When I go out for a flat dive or a tracking dive though I have to clinch them down or the air gets under them and pisses me off.

We're all different - we all have different shaped faces. As with helmets, eyeware is one area where personal experience doesn't always translate well between individuals.

Not a lot can fully replace personal experimentation.

A couple of times, goggles flew of my face because of failed or loose straps. A few times had to give it to somebody else who damaged or forgot his/hers. I think its a great idea to have spare ones on the plane. We jump on a tropical climate, the weather is changing all the time. Its nice to have goggles on when you find yourself falling through rain or landing off dc, on tall grass or bush, after severe and sudden wind changes.

When I started jumping i used to regular DZ student helmet and the small bits of plastic to cover my eyes. I wear contacts to see the LZ and on my aff jump where you learn forward and backward loops I had a the goggles lifted slightly off my face and air took my left contact. Not good hard to see with one contact in. After that I started wanting a full face helmet. Bought a Z1 about a month ago and love it. No air touches my eyes and I can see so much better. Quiet tooo. Love the full face...

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Sort of along the same lines........

A couple of weeks ago I had wind get under my goggles and push them up onto my forehead. My worry was that with the goggles off, my glasses would be next, and while I could probably land OK, I couldn't legally (or safely) drive off the DZ without them.

When I got home I dug out an old but still serviceable pair of eyeglasses and tossed them into my gearbag. Now, where did I leave that leash for my current glasses..........

Judith
Imelda Marcos just wanted some cute shoes that didn't make her feet hurt. Why's that so hard to understand?

I wonder how a landing would be with no glasses at all? Full face helmet has solved all my problemss. no worries about leaving the goggles on the top of my head and such...did once forget to close the front of the helmet before getting out of the plane but the wind pulling my head back reminded me really quick:S

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

I couldn't find the door to exit the plane without my goggles:D:D:D mind you my script is -275/+725
my next set of specs will probably come with a white cane[:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You don't should be a design master to discover eyeglass frames that look awesome on you. Eyeconic makes finding the correct frames straightforward. Utilize the accompanying four tips to discover the frames that work best for your style.

Eyeglass frames that are square or rectangular have a tendency to be more extensive than a round face. This quality can improve your face by making it seem slimmer and more, adding parity to your round components.

https://deluxeeyewear.com/