Amazon

Lost Prairie 2006

Well its almost spring here in the Pacific NorthWET. I got a letter a couple days ago from Lena and it made me start thinking about summer days with sucky weather, warm beer and too damn many Canadians. I cant wait to try the rope swing at the lake, and to make a water jump on my Para-Commander MK-II. I did not see a thread yet SOOOOOOO here it is.

http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/pages/events.htm

GET READY
JULY 29th THRU AUGUST 7th
BOOGIE 2006
39TH ANNUAL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The event starts on July 29th with the arrival of the first turbine.
The event ends when the last person leaves the drop zone on Aug 7.
AIRCRAFT: SKYDIVE ARIZONA'S SUPER OTTER AND A SKYVAN.
A KING AIR WILL HELP SUPPORT THE END OF THE EVENT.

I will definitely NOT be having any fun at Lost Prairie this year. [:/]

:D:D:D But let's start a list of those of us who won't be having any fun...

Amazon
BirdWoman
NWFlyer
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I would so love to be there again and jumping with you. That all infinity way we did that funneled and funneled again was SO MUCH FUN. However, I think I will be attending the WFFC instead. I need the CRW practice if I plan on getting a slot for the 100-way in '07.

Safe Docks,
Scott

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Lena wants to get an Infinity way together again this year.... SOOOOOO that could be another fun jump...Mebbe she will actually get to be on it, now that the munchkin has made the big appearance into the world.

By the way.. WFFC is the week before...this year they swapped dates but I still bet ... that our sucky weather at LP will still be better than the sucky weather in Illinois

holy crap...mapquest puts the trip for me at 22h21m to Kalispell, then 50 more minutes from there. if i'm going to make it, i'll definitely need to find someone to carpool with.

or what's the closest commercial airport to there? flying in worked good for me in georgia, i just might need to do that again! B|

LP is actually in (near) Marion, MT, which is about 45 minutes from Kalispell. There is an airport in Kalispell that has commercial flights - you'll probably connect through Seattle or Salt Lake City. Spokane's another option - the drive from there would be about 4-5 hours, IIRC. There' should be enough folks flying in that you can coordinate on airport pickups and/or rental cars.

I think the flights into Spokane are going to be cheaper than flying into Kalispell

I looked at a flight from ORD( Ohare, Chicago) to GEG ( Spokane WA) on Expedia.

Leave ORD 28 July 2006 Return 6 AUG 2006

Currently United is 434 nonstop

You could carpool with someone from Spokane.. or going thru Spokane on the way....or rent a car.

Or you could fly into Seattle and carpool over with some of us from this area

CurrentlyAmerican has the flight to Seattle... $301 same dates

Helll, what would LP be without Shell and her boobies? I wonder what plane you will run off the runway this year. Poor James ;)

I didn't actually run the plane off the runway ... he just kinda missed the taxi way and blew up my tent in the process!

'Shell
'Shell

I'll be there - bringing the g/f who doesn't post here but she had a bunch of fun jumping at LP last year.

Amazon
BirdWoman
DBCooper
Ggggia
IanHarrop & Maria
madjohn
mcneill79
NWFlyer
Shell666
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy