judedre

MARCO ISLAND B@@GIE IS CANCELLED 2,15pm thursday

From everything I've heard it wasn't until Bob got down there that the issues started. Basically really old people with alot of $$$$ and nothing better to do decided to stop this at the last minute.

As for the spotting issue: I was on that load in the first group as a diver. We got out in just about the same place as we did on load 1. The winds just changed.

Soon after that load the winds really picked up and the weather was unjumpable for about 2 days anyways. :(

Damn old people.I say we go back once a year and just raise hell for 4 days.

Not me, any place that throws me out of the hot tub at 10 pm and the bar closes at midnight is not for me.

However the conversation was classic: :)
Hotel official: Sir, the pool closes at 10 pm.
Me: Yeah, but we're in the hot tub. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The organizers owe everyone an explaination and should have posted one by now.
I think that they haven't speaks volumes for their lack of concern for those who were coming to their event.
My thoughts of them at this point is that they are a bunch of money hungry f@$* wads and have no concern for the skydivers who they invited to Marco Island.

I have been posting alot of stuff on here about the boogie for Bob (Skydive Greensburg's DZO) The reason I have not posted anything until now is partly because of the lack of internet access I had down there. Mainly it was because of the time I spent in the hospital. Both for Erin (the young lady who hit the powerlines) and because of myself and "rough landing" I just made it back in town and am now getting things together to get looked at here. So if my lack of attention has been noticed here (which I have seen noone bring up my name) I have just been busy attending other things, my health.

(edited because my spelling is great):(

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

So if my lack of attention has been noticed here (which I have seen noone bring up my name)

Nah, we've just been talking about you behind your back. :D (kidding!)
Seriously, glad you are OK. A boogie is a boogie but we're still care a lot about our fellow jumpers and hate it that you and Erin got hurt. Don't worry about this stuff til you feel better.

Rather than spending an entire weekend of playing devils advocate and asking yourself what if why didn’t you go to the source (Bob) and view for yourself at the registration desk the three ring binder full of city,county,and hotel requirements and permits which took three months to accomplish. For the record the beach width is the same at the public areas as it is on the south end. Three football fields was the length that even you with a hundred jumps could hit.
If you call the Marco Island airport, you will find as I did that Jet-A was $3.60 a gallon not $2.40 as most are accustomed to paying. If you are looking for a discount Boogie, go to one of Mullins or Dollar Days on Labor Day not an exclusive beach resort doing a fund raiser for a good cause (Tsunami relief)
I spoke with Bob before we left and not surprisingly no one asked for a registration refund. Under the circumstances would you really like to be the first?

why didn’t you go to the source (Bob) and view for yourself at the registration desk the three ring binder full of city,county,and hotel requirements and permits which took three months to accomplish. ?

Simple. Because they moved the registration desk to an airport an hour and 15 minutes away, and we were on a beach, the original location of the registration desk.

On the north end of the beach where TigerTail beach(public beach)starts the beach is five times wider than at the Radisson and nobody lays out there. That's where we had the wedding at. Too late now, sorry.

Hey DJ that reminds me, I have some unused jump tickets from the boogie. If I send them to Bob can I get a refund since I didn't use them? On my one beach jump I got to land on the edge of the crowd and run it out like a big boy! I didn't know you were injured until I was packing.

Hell the married guy dont know he went down at 1030 and left me and the wifey to tend to his new Bride:P could have had something to do with the new charging ports he had installed that morning. Quess he hadnt figured out how to use them yet.B|

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

On the north end of the beach where TigerTail beach(public beach)starts the beach is five times wider than at the Radisson and nobody lays out there.

Yup - the beach designated for landing was easily half the size of the open space (and boy - I mean open!) that was available by the split at Tigertail. A student could have been directed back to that area with little difficulty.

No sense crying over spilled milk though...if jump ticket refunds (for unused jumps) are given, and deposits given back...all should be forgiven. I realize the boogie was a 'specialty boogie' and originally set up for a fund-raiser (I NEVER knew this:S), but it didn't happen - therefore I don't think that deposits should be seen as 'contributions'.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I am sure there are a lot of disappointed people who traveled a long way for a really cool beach boogie.
Don't forget the Flora-Bama beach boogie is coming in May. (It suffered damage from hurricane Ivan but should be re-built by then )
It is a blast. The Flora-Bama is the coolest beach front bar you could ever imagine.
I bet Bolas will even bring a funny hat.

How do ya like it Johnny?

Hey I got a big ass bus in my back yard aaallllll aboard B|

Yeah, and I got a Leprechaun riding a Unicorn in mine. Theyre chasing around a Virgin from West Virginia. Youll probably see all of them before you ever see that bus:S But I did appreciate you tending to the little missus for me. (Even though I had to dust her for prints and check her out under the 'special' ultraviolet light afterwards.) If it'd been left up to me she probably wouldnt have had that wonderful Camel Light bong cough or Pink Champale and Bacardi Twist hangover the next day. Green really is her color.

Are we off topic yet?
Oh yeah, somebody mentioned FloraBama. Isn't that the boogie where the people who run the dropzone weren't even told that there was going to be a boogie, and they just found out about it six hours before on this website?!
That's the whole issue here: Organization, which starts with Communication of vital Information.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned FloraBama. Isn't that the boogie where the people who run the dropzone weren't even told that there was going to be a boogie, and they just found out about it six hours before on this website?!
That's the whole issue here: Organization, which starts with Communication of vital Information.

That was two years ago, and it was more like a week. That was because the guy that they were leasing the airplane, broke his lease and took his airplane up north, just before the boogie. They were able to get an airplane for the boogie.

Build it, and we will come...

http://www.thelastamericanroadhouse.com/preview.html

How do ya like it Johnny?

Seconds, very large darts to the pilot/spotter combination to the load that created the problem that occured. Some people are pointing fingers at the girl who landed out, she never had a chance to make it to the beach! With the winds blowing off the water at around 15 mph, why you run a jump run inland and get out over land is beyond anything I can think of! Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to cover their ass! I was standing there on the beach hoping it wasn't jumprun, then saw the exit, it was everything my girlfriend could do to keep me calmed down>:(. Stupid, stupid, stupid and in my opinion, those two owe everyone who got screwed at this boogie!

The jumprun was not inland. If it were everyone on the load would have landed off. Most of the load made it to the beach just fine. It was about half of the first group that landed off.

Yeah, and I got a Leprechaun riding a Unicorn in mine. Theyre chasing around a Virgin from West Virginia. Youll probably see all of them before you ever see that bus:S But I did appreciate you tending to the little missus for me. (Even though I had to dust her for prints and check her out under the 'special' ultraviolet light afterwards.) If it'd been left up to me she probably wouldnt have had that wonderful Camel Light bong cough or Pink Champale and Bacardi Twist hangover the next day. Green really is her color.

LMFAO Yea Green does look good on her

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

The jumprun was not inland. Most of the load made it to the beach just fine. It was about half of the first group that landed off.

Oh.....it was "just" half of the first group(normally the largest). And Crutch, you haven't been around long enough to tell what is inland and what is at sea ;).

"Most" is not an acceptable number for a boogie such as this.

An Indiana woman was injured Thursday on Marco Island when her parachute was blown off course, sending her into a neighborhood where her foot tripped over a power line and she fell to the ground. Erin Walters, 29, of Pendleton, Ind

How is Erin doing? I was wondering why I hadn't seen her posting about it.

I found this so I guess she is ok?
[:/]

Skydiving fund-raiser scrapped after injury

Woman hit power line and fell to ground after parachute blown off course

By NICHOLAS AZZARA, Staff Writer
February 16, 2005

A skydiving fund-raiser never got off the ground Feb. 10 after an Indiana woman was injured when her parachute was blown off course.

Erin Walters, 29, of Pendleton, Ind., failed to hit her mark just south of the Radisson Suite Beach Resort on Marco Island.

A gust of wind blew the experienced jumper east into a Marco neighborhood, where her foot hit a power line and she fell to the ground. She landed at the intersection of Amber Drive and Valley Avenue.

Walters was treated and released from the Naples Community Hospital emergency room. A hospital spokeswoman declined to report on her condition.

Emergency personnel responded to the accident at 12:35 p.m. Police Chief Roger Reinke said Walters did not suffer injuries from the power line, but he was unaware of her condition after the fall.

Walters was among a small group of sky divers testing conditions in the morning. Inexperienced members of the public who paid $179 were scheduled to make tandem jumps with instructors later in the day.

http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/ma_eagle/article/0,2071,NPDN_14916_3550498,00.html

Thanks for the concern....I am recovering well.
I have officially been diagnosed with a shattered sacrum from S4 down (pelvic fracture), blood in my abdomen secondary to above, and I have a 2 fractures in my left foot and one fracture in my right foot....both of which I can walk on without casts.
I drove a vehicle today and I am returning to work on Friday. I am not pain free, but can deal with it.
I know how lucky I am to be alive.:)
"Life is not measured by your number of breaths, but by the moments that take your breath away."