base570

CSS anyone 2??

Moronic attitude, if you ask me. There is no glory in dying or getting maimed.

You have had your famous one post. Also hope you have your own health insurance; please don't make me pay for your stupidity, which, as you acknowledge, you had a long time coming.

An update...........I'm sure most at CSS have heard already.

Well after 1400 jumps and more than 1000 high performance landings, I've finally achieved my reward. I pounded in last weekend at Skydive the Farm, during the Wicked Liquid Swoopers Boogie.

I smacked into the water at about 60-70mph and flipped once. After I could start breathing again they pulled me from the pond, removed my gear and called the ambulance.

I have no broken bones but messed up my knee pretty severely. I have a torn PCL, LCL, Meniscus, and the muscle has separated from my tibia. I have surgery tomorrow morning and the recovery will be 6-9 months.

I have always accepted the FACT that when you are a high performance canopy pilot........It's not if you will get hurt......It's when will you get hurt. Stay safe and make informed decisions.

Later

That's a pretty harsh post, especially since he acknowledged that he was at fault. Let's not go down this path so I don't have to start deleting and picking apart this thread or even locking it. I've let this stay up for a very long time, but if it goes to Hell I'll have no problem locking it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

hey ya'll

I think I may try to make that Game too. I may bring some people so I'll let you know. I have an "emergency" bar meet (if ever there were such a thing) at 5:30 so it will depend on how late that wants to go on.

Harry, hope you get better soon. I know you weren't in here to gloat (not quite sure of the spelling) but to let some dz buddies know you were ok while telling the story so we all have it right. Everyone makes mistakes and stuff happens sometimes even when we are cautious. See ya out again soon. Knock the 9 months, you'll be back before then, nobody can stay away from Paul and Nancy that long.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

***Moronic attitude, if you ask me. There is no glory in dying or getting maimed.

You have had your famous one post. Also hope you have your own health insurance; please don't make me pay for your stupidity, which, as you acknowledge, you had a long time coming.***

Hmmmmm....... Not sure if you are aware this is a CSS Thread. Where folks from CSS update each other. So I'm letting my friends know what's up. You can keep your comments to yourself, as you obviously don't jump at CSS or know anything about me. >:(

Later,

Harry P

Thanks everyone for the calls and responses.............Surgery is tomorrow morning at 6AM. Which is probably why I'm still awake now. I will only be in the hospital for one day, then home. You can call me on my cell or at home, just ask Nanacy or one of my team mates for my number. Try not to call me until Thursday please.

They are putting cadavre parts in me (LCL & PCL ligaments), kind of freaky. They are fixing the torn miniscus and re-attaching my calf muscle to my tibia. Serious stuff.

My wife was joking with me about my Cadavre parts. She says now she can talk to my knee and say " I see Dead People". She got me laughing pretty hard with that one.

On a serious note.

I want you all to think about your canopy progression, when you think about this. I'm a pretty experienced canopy pilot and I still made a big mistake, that is costing me. Think about that when you are thinking about down sizing. The mistakes become more costly when your wing loading increases. Most of you at CSS are pretty conservative though, but I hope a few of you can learn from my mishap.

I'll see you all in the sky in about 6-9 months. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Later

Thanks, Mom :).

Seriously, thanks for all you do, and for letting our thread stay alive. (Keeps a lot of us out of the bonfire, anyway.)

Harry - we love you - heal well. Thanks for the update. Your gear is in good hands; no harm done.

Speedy - see ya Thursday!

Best,
Dawn

Hey,

Some cool news I just got my 10 day notice to be out of the military. I pick it up at 1300 today..... yeaaaaa

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Hey all!

I know I haven't made it up there in a while, mainly because I've been bouncing around the states doing demos.

I do care about you all and will make it out there for a jump or one of your social gatherings, so keep me in the loop.

I read this thread on a regular basis to see what is going on in your lives, and when I saw this hurtful post I had to write Andrea (Skymama) and let her know the dealy-o. So let's just not acknowledge it and if people want to persue it, keep it to PMs.

You are lucky to have John and Dawn running the store and rigging loft, both are EXCELLENT in their craft and GREAT human beings.
D1 taught me several things, one is how to change colors so:

LOVE,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

It's full size, by whatever do you mean?? :):P
If you want me to teach you how to HAVE an icon I can! B|:)

I love annoying trained killers

And I'm not that annoying! ;)

When are you coming to visit??

Hugs,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Is it too late to ask for a bionic knee? Or ligaments from an Olympic sprinter or something? Are your new ligaments going to be ok with walking around the dz in thermal long johns? :P

Seriously, I'm thinking about you. Hope the surgery goes well.

Hey Harry... I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. Good luck on your surgery... I hope those cadaver parts work out for you ;)

Recover quick... and stop by the DZ when you feel up to it. We'll miss you in the sky while you heal up!

Blue Skies... Keith
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Hello everyone,

I just got word that I have extra tunnel time this weekend if anyone wants to fly in the Orlando tunnel. Sorry about the late notice, but Laura Kraus broke her wrist and won't be able to fly. Because we're buying so much time, it's much cheaper than usual... only $550 per hour (plus coaching if you want awesome RW coaches). I have 50 minutes available... 30 on Sun and 20 minutes on Monday, though I might be able to rearrange if needed. It's first come, first served, so let me know! We can probably work with you with rides and hotel rooms.

Email me: [email protected]

Lyman decided today he is going to the tunnel - yay!!

Want to remind and/or let you know that Sunday is Kendall's last day working at CSS (or maybe Monday, actually) but my point is she wants to be really, really hungover on Sunday - what're they gonna do, fire her?

So let's see what we can do to help her out.

I know a ton of you are doing Scott Miller's Canopy course, but for those of us who got there too late and it was full (SO SAD!!), just wondering if there was any interest in going to Skydive the Point for the Queen's Birthday Boogie the weekend of Sept. 8-10? We are sending our CASA up, but the drive is pretty short (about 3 hours from Raleigh)...a $15 registration fee gets you all the beer you want for the whole event and the event page said that Roger Ponce is organizing larger formation skydives, as well as having organizers on hand for new jumpers and freeflyers...

Just wondering if anyone was thinking of going or might be interested?
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

...but for those of us who got there too late and it was full (SO SAD!!)...

FYI, there are often last minte cancellations. The first time I took his course, I snagged a spot that opened up the day before. No guarantees, but it might be worth it to give your name and phone # to manifest and ask them to give you a call if anyone cancels. You can also show up on time for the course and see if anyone is a no show.

Clarification: I'm not saying, "don't go to the boogie." I was just responding to the "so sad" part of your post. Sounds like a fun boogie. :)

they have my info on the waiting list so i'm crossing the heck out of my fingers....if something opens up by friday I'm in, but I think I might be buying a container off of a girl who will be at the boogie so there is a definite pull in that direction as well!! ACK too many choices!!!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

I hereby officially deem this weekend the "Lyman is Gone Boogie!" To hell with labor day!

BTW folks, check out the travel section of the N&O today. There's a story about a place in Charlotte that's opening up soon called the US National Whitewater Center. It's basically a wind tunnel for rafting and kayaking. We should try to get a trip together some weekend... maybe go rafting one day and visit Chester the other?
Check out the video: [url"http://www.vimeo.com/clip:89292/context/tag:nc"]Clicky![/url]
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

It's basically a wind tunnel for rafting and kayaking. We should try to get a trip together some weekend... maybe go rafting one day and visit Chester the other?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey that sounds pretty cool Eric! Count me in!
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."