base570

CSS anyone 2??

Awsome about the raft jumps sorry I missed it but......... ummmmm Military?. How many people did end up staying around for it?

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Darren... don't worry, everybody missed the raft jump.... :D

Hey folks... just a bit of exciting news for those of you who didn't know. I'm going to be making a 10 minute documentary about BASE and Bridge Day this semester. I've assembled a crack team of comm students to help with the project. Check out my thread in the BASE forum and please chime in with your ideas.

Eric's BASE zone thread!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Dinner tomorrow night!!!

It's on. Be at my place around 7 bring ~10 bucks to offset the price of food or bring a dish.

I'm gonna get some veggies and chicken so if you want other things better bring it. And ya'll need to finish the beer in my fridge.

If you need directions...
exit 276 off I-40
Go away from the mall and take a left onto Cook Rd. (First left after woodcroft pkwy)
then take a left onto Tall Oaks.

I'm at 412 Tall Oaks

--joe
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

who is up for jumping on Friday morning, pretty early, like around 8:30. Keith, Sparky and I will be there ready to take up a cessna at the very least. We'll be at the wind tunnel all weekend, hope ya'll have a good weekend, let me know how the raft jump goes, hopefully I can do the next one. Come out and play if you can!!!!
Casey aka Tess
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Joe + David -

Dinner was wonderful :)
Marion - that Key Lime pie was the BEST pie I've ever had.

Special thanks to Matt for the last-minute ice cream and pie after your soccer match was called ... way over and beyond the call of duty, man - you rock! That really hit the spot.

Joe - very happy to get my "K" number done so soon (sorry Dave, but you should have seen it coming. After all, the location WAS your suggestion ;).)

Will see you Sat night in Chapel Hill for BP and RR.

Best,
D1

hhmmm depends how far is Cary is from the drop zone I have to meet my car pool buddy there.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

darrin,
hey its not THAT FAR. Come on out early and make a jump or two with us. If it's the cessna than we can make a couple three-way exits out of it. Did one with John and Keith the other day and it was soooo fun.
See ya soon
Casey aka Tess

Hey smart Marine -

You should've come out Friday. When will we see you again? I still have your shirt, and I miss your pretty green eyes ;).

I hope the tunnel trip was a big success. We managed to have fun here, and thanks to you guys (and Emily,) I believe freeflyers outnumbered belly flyers AGAIN.

Joe's band had a really fun show at great venue in Chapel Hill Sat. night. Although it was a confusing venue ... we could hear the band, then eventually we could see the band on a 2nd story balcony, but it took us a good 10 minutes of alleys, elevators and stairs to find the band. We weren't the only ones - there was a pack of confused BP&RR fans wandering around, but then Guido demonstrated his fine navigation skills and led us to the club (thanks, man.) And Nick actually came with us to Chapel Hill - that might be a first.

Best,
D1

The tunnel trip was a blast! I think the most memorable moment was Darin's first entrance to the tunnel, when he tracked straight into the wall! Ouch:S B| I think he has it on video if anyone needs a laugh. Anyway, He survived it and made great improvements during the camp!

It was great to see Brian Ball down there.

Melissa, Casey, Darin, and I got 1 jump in at Deland... Great jump but it's definitely not as friendly a DZ as CSS.

Thanks to Matt for organizing the camp...
Only suggestion...next time we need to schedule more time for jumping during the camp weekend!
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Keith - I picked up a copy of Paraglide for you and it has dates/times/unit just didn't say if they are mass tac or not.

I got the paperwork in hand to go to bridge day. I took off the 13th - 16th.

Greg - is that bike authorized to be in this post? :P I still need to give it a whirl, can I fill out a waiver?

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Only suggestion...next time we need to schedule more time for jumping during the camp weekend!

Fly 2+ hours and then you'll understand why we don't care about jumping that day so much! ;)

Next time we can just swap times a little more to accomodate, so all your time could be Saturday morning, then some people could go jump. It would have been cool to have you and Melissa in the tunnel at the same time too.

I will keep everyone posted when details about the next camp come in. Probably late-January, but not sure yet.

Guido- I don't care if you can fill out a B|waiverB|.... the question is can you clear the jump?

Matt- Keep the new Colorado tunnel (under construction I think) in mind for sometime in the future - Flights wouldn't be that much different and we could combine it with snowboarding.
---------------------------------------

"And Nick actually came with us to Chapel Hill - that might be a first. "

BEER!

----------------------------------------------------------

Greg, I was so thinking the same thing this morning when I read that about Nick, AND I do believe that this was Keith's first post in this thread BEEEERRRR!!!!!B|

The tunnel was Awesome can't wait til January and get to be there with everyone plus a couple more again. And I agree with Keith, Deland people have NothinG on the CSS crowd as far as being cool and fun. Like seriously 3 people spoke: 2 freeflyers and an older pretty cool RW dude who told us where the bathrooms were. PLus we had to wait thru a 1/2 an hour power point presentation just to jump. What's up with that!?! I'm not saying I won't jump there again but if Zhills is just as close or a little longer, I'm so there next time.

Casey/Tess

Hey everyone I will be back to my regular weekly schedule on Oct 8th. I just found out my parents are moving to Michigan Lansing, so I will be seeing them this coming weekend to assist with a little packing. I have no intentions of moving near them when I get out even though I think my Mom has mentioned the numerous colleges in Michigan.

The tunnel was awesome at the last session I got to do a three way with alex and chromy ....... so cool....

Yes I do have my track into the wall on tape I'll bring it with me on the 8th so you all can have a good laugh. I think it is funnier to watch the kid sit up straight and hold his mouth when I do it.

Just to add to Keiths comment, I think I had such a bad experience at Deland that I will never jump there again, those people are very clicky and really look down on low jumpers.