base570

CSS anyone 2??

Thus the reason I would never spend a red cent down there. Maybe they all started with a large amount of jump numbers! ;)

Amen and I am calling to get my dollar back from manifest :P

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I still don't really understand what happened... I've been to Deland three times and had great experiences. The one time I was on the same otter load as Deland Fire was practicing... We talked and joked with Pilcher and Thomas Hughes on the way up, and Ian/Gary Smith /Natasha were really friendly too. Another time I did a fun jump with a couple of their local people, who are notoriously elitist. The other time was with Laura, Portia and Chris the tunnel rat... they freeflew, but there was plenty of people to talk to on the ground.

Yes, they make low time jumpers (<100 jumps) land in a different area, but it wasn't too bad. There's a lot of egos, but that's skydiving?!

I think they were just scared because it's a very active airport and of course they had the Gus Wing tragedy, so they're just being cautious with new jumpers :(

Oh well, that's been my experience [:/]

Darin... I think your right... Matt must be the cutest ... plus he knows everyones names! They were hopin' to hook-up. hehe, JK :)

:S that makes sence...... I am sure casey would agree.....:)

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Hey, don't hate the playa', hate the game ;):P

(because you all know i would say that in real life)

Riiiggghhhttt!!!:D:D

Darin and Keith, next time we bring Matt and Brian and have them show a little leg around Deland and maybe we can make some friends. Maybe we were out there on a bad day or something.

Marion and Dawn, elis, eric, dave and everyone : What's up yo (ya'll)?

Casey aka Tess
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

First time I went to Deland was for Scott Miller's canopy class when I had alittle over 200 jumps. I was there 2 days early and wanted to do fun jumps. Ended up doing solos and then going to Titusville. I got the impression that Deland is a great place to go for training, but your not gonna find a pickup group. I did meet and talk to quite a few people there but I initiated the conversations.

Scott came to my home DZ (Skydive Carolina) and we were talking at dinner and I mentioned my opinion of Deland. He said the reason for that is so many people just pass through once, that the "locals" are reluctant to introduce themselves, but if you go up to them, they are friendly and the more times you go back the friendlier they get.

I went back in February for some freefly coaching and afterwards was told by the organizer that anytime he or his buddies were organizing I was more than welcome to come. He said they like seeing people fly before adding them to bigger dives.

My $0.02 on Deland. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Darin and Keith, next time we bring Matt and Brian and have them show a little leg around Deland and maybe we can make some friends.

You guys are strange. Remind me again why we get called freaks? Flat flyers ho-ing around Florida, showing some leg... geez.

BOLAS! Dude, I still have that lunch cooler thingy from last Thanksgiving. Are you coming to see us again this year? :)

Darin and Keith, next time we bring Matt and Brian and have them show a little leg around Deland and maybe we can make some friends.

You guys are strange. Remind me again why we get called freaks? Flat flyers ho-ing around Florida, showing some leg... geez.

BOLAS! Dude, I still have that lunch cooler thingy from last Thanksgiving. Are you coming to see us again this year? :)

Hey I go ho-ing around the country not just Florida.... get it right B|:P

Casey girl! I'm finally posting to the forum . . . yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... BEER! Anyways, ZHills it is next time. So much for us being friendly! At least we can say that we tried. Porter load 8 turns into otter load 12! See you this weekend at the DZ, mantis all the way!

Melissa
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Hey just to start this early I need everyone to check out this web site

http://www.lighthousebeerandwine.com/kegs.htm

and tell me what type of beer that you prefer, also please talk to the others at the dropzone who do not use this web site (i.e. tony, randy, john and others) and find out what their preference is. Marion I think I'll place that into your competent hands.

The plan.... assuming that everything works out (i.e this company delivers or will let me pick it up. (i may need someone with a truck to drive to Wilmington to help out and I'll pay thier gas)

Ok back to the plan I am bringing a Keg to the dropzone for the weekend of the 4th-6th of November, please invite your friends.

E-mail me at the dropzone e-mail or at [email protected]

I really need answers as soon as possible, granted the majority vote will win so if your don't like the beer then bring your own.

P.S. This better get me the Beer Immunity Idol for at least a few weeks.... or more.....

Bridge Day

I'm going to Bridge Day to pack :)
Nick
Greg
Jeff Stewart
Szabi
Eric (?)
Jason M.

PM me/call me/let me know if you have any info for me.

Also - I've become proficient at packing Morpheus 2-pin type rigs, and Reactor type Velcro rigs. If you have any other types of strange gear, please let me know so I can download the manuals. Or, better yet - bring me your gear, and I'll pack it ahead of time.

I've been approached by some other riggers/BASE jumpers about working for them that day, so I'd like to get an idea ASAP on how busy I'll be.

Of course Jason will have 4 rigs with him, and evidently has some sick/crazy ideas ... he might keep me busy all by himself.

I'm really looking forward to this - should be insane fun!

Best,
D1

Hey Dawn,
I'll be there, but I will likley be packing for myself... hopefully fast enough to make 3 jumps. Last year Akos made 3 jumps starting at like 11... granted he was cutting in line and stuff.

Ohh, and in other exciting news, I'll be taking Tom A's FJC with our long lost friend Mak Pitke from NYC... ARRRRR (Z-hills pirate day refrence.)

I'm also thinking about taking a trip out to Twin Falls to jump the potato bridge the week after Bridge Day, arriving late on Oct 19 (wed) and leaving the 23rd (sunday). I'm going to try to fly from RDU to SLC (~$300) and rent a car for those 3 days. If anyone else is interested (Greg, Nick, Szabi, Jason... etc?) Then please drop me a line ASAP. ;)
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Well if you know a place in Raliegh let me know. You can tell me Saturday I'll be there this weekend (change of plans)

SHOW TOMORROW.

Wilmington. If anyone's in the east drop by Kefi and check us out. Only a few more shows to go so I'd love to see ya'll out there.

--JOE
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

Hey guys! It's Melissa. Thanks for the fun jumpt this weekend!

We're going to have a pot luck dinner to celebrate Sparky and Kat's last day at CSS on Saturday October 8th. They will be camping out, as well as a few other regulars! Everyone should bring a dish, or something to munch on. Sparky has organized so many great formations for us! They will be missed greatly!

Come out and plan to party!

I hope everyone has a terrific week! Too bad we can't jump everyday!

Melissa,
dude you rocK!!! your already on top of things.
Casey

And to start such an awesome weekend lets all start parting at the local 506 for one of Big Pretty and The Red Rockets last concerts. Who's up for it!! Dawn, your so there. Marion, Eric, Guido, Matt???? Elis you'll be pimping up there won't you? Melissa and Keith, your're probably rocking to their cd in your living room while reading this post.
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------