bluesky1977

Which is the best DZ you ever visited?

I have visited 5 DZs (only visited Skydive OR at Mollala, first tandem at Skydive Snohomish) so far and jumped at 3 (Kapowsin, Eloy and Toledo, OR). The DZ at Snohomish was small and not as cool as Kapowsin (My tandem instructor was a great dude though (Vladimir)). K-pow was my first home and I love the atmosphere there. I used to drive over on Friday nights, sleep over and skydive on Saturday and sometimes drive back on Sunday morning. I was regular for about a year or so before I moved to New Mexico and adopted Eloy as my home. Eloy is simply great. The best DZ for me would be a cross between Eloy and Kapowsin. But I guess they are complementary...

Lake Wales. Gonna be interesting to see how they are doing when I go back next week.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

z-hills
SDC old and new
CSC
waller Tx.
San marcos tx.
new Oxford Pa.
SWC Richmond In.
Waynesville Oh.
skies west loveland Co.
LSPC weeping water Ne.
Rome Ga.
In no order, all great places with wonderful people.:)been to a lot of others but the above stand out in in my memory.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

my vote goes to Moss Point. Friendly people, an otter, good food, and friendly people... what else could you ask for? oh yeah... the view is pretty good too..

i have been to 8 different DZ's including Eloy but i liked the atmoshphere at Moss Point more. go hit up Gold Coast Skydivers... it aint even my home DZ.
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

It wouldnt be so bad if he knew what he was doing. He can't even fly properly.

Bill Cole D-41

BTW: He offered the free jump...I paid for the second. My gear is fine, thank you.

I am always "current"

I guess Dave, you are once again butchering the truth...that should be good for a DZO pat on your back eh?

He can't even fly properly.

He offered the free jump...I paid for the second

Thats quite an assesment to make with two jumps, both with him flying out of your sight as a JM.

I've filmed him on 100's of AFF jumps, and haven't seen an error on his part yet.

I am always "current"

In your mind yes.

As per the USPA regs, no.

Considering the DZ is a USPA Group memeber in good standing, and that one of the owners is a USPA regional director, I can see why they went with the USPA's definition.

Again, anyone who knows me will attest that I have no interest in anyone patting me on the back, and that I have publicly and openly disagreed with Tim on many issues.

You are, however, entitled to your opinion.

Hard to answer that one - I think the answer varies on what you're looking for. On my limited days so far in California...

Best View - Monterey (unlike say, Perris)

Most complete - Perris: tunnel, many planes, always running, even on weekdays. Pool. Showers, bunks,
etc. Full gear shop. Nothing is missing here.

Friendiest to newcomers - Skydance or Hollister.

Cheapest, best no BS outfit - Lodi. For those who hate the world of 7 page waivers and too much hand holding. $35 for a jump ticket and Wings/Triathlon rental with repack.

I've been at 3 other DZs, but not enough jumps to see what they might be best at.

My mistake, you only had one jump to asses his skills.

Wasn't there video on that jump? If there was I'm sure I have acsess to it, and it will show that the current, AFF-I with 5000 jumps you're talking about wasn't out of his slot.

Get your facts straight for once

Care to illustrate other times I have been wrong?

I hardly consider a Strato-cloud and a 26 reserve as "fine". Not even students are being put out on gear like that anymore.. that should tell you something. Currency is real weither you want to believe in it or not.

In terms of best DZ ever... I really liked my time at Lake Wales. Friendly, great staff, fast planes. I can't wait to see the new, improved Lake Wales B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

No one for SD Chicago? Never been there but have heard nothing but good about it and Missy's realy nice, even to belly fliers like me!:P Spaceland's facility rocks and good jumpers.Skydive Houston,SD San Marcos and Aggieland have the vibe. Perris and Deland have the great restaurants but no ac/heated packing. Perris dust sucks.:P