bunge

how far do you live from the DZ?

that question should be a multiple answer ;)

DZ1 is 50 min away
DZ2 is 1 hour away
DZ3 is 90 min away
DZ4 is 90 min away

There are good and bad things at both 1 and 2, but I would call #2 my home dz.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

9 miles to Snohomish a C-182 DZ I call home for now. They will have a Caravan most of the summer so it will be a bit more fun. Otherwise Kapowsin with the Super Otter is 79 miles away but with the Jeff Dow situation I will only make that drive on a STONE CLEAR CLOUDLESS day so I can get high and not have to worry about cloud separation.

Amazon

Did the people at Snohomish stay in the Parachutes over Palm Springs business (which would make it 15 minutes from where my uncle and aunt are at La Quinta, Calif.), or did they close or sell it?
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

2 hours by car, 45 mins by plane (although driving is a lot quicker when you include the prep time and all that for flying). Moving in a couple weeks... I'll be an hour or so from a DZ, or probably 20 mins by (much faster) plane. And no more waiting on hold for 10 minutes to file a flight plan and all the other DC-area bullshit.

Dave

About 7 min's on a normal run, 25 min's if i'm in a rush.
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

I did live from 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours from the dz, depending on which one I was going to and which home I referred to. Now I have a DZ 20 mins from my RV in Jacksonville and Deland is 30 minutes or less from our house in Flagler Beach.

I suck, I know.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I live 45 minutes from the dz, but my sister lives just 5 minutes from X-keys and I can stay there whenever I want. :)

Parachutes Over Palm Springs is where I learned to Jump. Unfortunately, they are no more.

The original DZO got out of the Business a few years after a stroke grounded him from jumping and flying.

I know one Fun jumper in the desert tried to keep a tandem operation open there, but it faded away too.

Last i heard, Al Champlain was still working a appointment only operation, but even that group membership is no longer listed.

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.

My home DZ is 3 hours and 15 minutes away. The closest DZ is 45 minutes. The only reason I ever even visited Kapowsin is because it was the first DZ I found within reasonable distance that allows minors to jump with parental consent. The next closest is Skydive Eugene, but I didn't know that until I was half way through my progression. I stayed with Kapowsin 'cause it feels like home to me.

Otherwise Kapowsin with the Super Otter is 79 miles away but with the Jeff Dow situation I will only make that drive on a STONE CLEAR CLOUDLESS day so I can get high and not have to worry about cloud separation.

i'd say call first and come down anyway..Jesse has worked out a couple of alternate landing areas so we can get some sky even if its cloudy at Kapow..

which it sometimes is, even though i'll look up from my balcony 15 min away and see blue. the WA weather satellite obviously does not know where the DZ is or on what days they fly..always blues on mon&tues.