weezil1

Does skydiving affect your view on mortality?

Skydiving has affected my life a great deal. One thing I think of is " Will my grandkids remember me as an old fart that pushed papers to put food on the table"? or " That crazy old SOB jumped out of planes ON PURPOSE!!"

What are YOUR thoughts?
To err is human (Total chaos requires a ferret)

Skydiving has effected my view on mortality. What's even crazier than skydiving is thinking about starting to BASE jump. WHOA! You got a mind trip right there! ;)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Some whuffo told me all skydivers are suicidal - First I asked him where he got his info from - I want to know who did the clinical study, and find out what else makes us "tick". (he really stumbled when I called him on that-) Then I told, if we were suicidal, there's be alolt more dead jumpers. Actually, we are quite the opposite!

Easy Does It

Some whuffo told me all skydivers are suicidal - First I asked him where he got his info from - I want to know who did the clinical study, and find out what else makes us "tick". (he really stumbled when I called him on that-) Then I told, if we were suicidal, there's be alolt more dead jumpers. Actually, we are quite the opposite!

EXACTLY!!!
Who is worse off-
the person who takes a calculated risk-knowing fully that they could die during it OR
the person who babysits their couch in fear of losing what is so precious to them?[:/] ( i call these ppl "watchers")

so people have no fukn clue!
My photos

My Videos

I'm still comming to terms somewhat with what I'm doing, but every jump is all that much more awesome.

I agree that, there is no excuse to sit around and let life pass you by. What do you have then, someday you'll be old, sitting on your couch wondering what the hell you did, and it will be nothin.

Have to get out and enjoy life, live it, don't just sit by and let it go. Have fun, thats what counts in my mind.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

It reminds me to drive very defensively. Getting to the DZ is the scariest part.
Oh yeah I quit smoking and take care of myself.
It also makes me appreciate my wife and kids a whole lot more. P
Life in general is more meaningful....except this weekend cuz I'm broke:P
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

I've had numerous whuffos ask me, "Do you have a death wish?" My reply is always, "On the contrary, I have a LIFE wish!"

I've been enjoying life so much more since I started skydiving.

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

I've had numerous whuffos ask me, "Do you have a death wish?" My reply is always, "On the contrary, I have a LIFE wish!"

AMEN to that:D
My photos

My Videos

Jeez, if skydivers were suicidal, why would we use parachutes?:ph34r::ph34r:
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

if skydivers were suicidal

When a person gets on a plane, they trust that the pilot has the skill to safely fly the plane. The lack of that trust is why some people don't fly, even commercial.

When you go through AFF and step out the door, you are trusting your own ability. That self-confidence in challenging gravity, fear, etc is one of the switches in your brain that flips.

Skydivers viewpoints on all things changes. Non-jumpers will never see inside your brain. However, we all share that smile.

I didn't jump when the kids were little, thought it would be selfish if I left them without a dad. They're older now. Known enough people who've died of cancer, one old friend was murdered in his home, a few more in traffic accidents. We're all gonna die sooner or later. I'm not speeding anything up. But every day should be special with your family and friends. You may not be checking out anytime soon - but one of them might. You never know...

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'm still comming to terms somewhat with what I'm doing, but every jump is all that much more awesome.

I agree that, there is no excuse to sit around and let life pass you by. What do you have then, someday you'll be old, sitting on your couch wondering what the hell you did, and it will be nothin.

Have to get out and enjoy life, live it, don't just sit by and let it go. Have fun, thats what counts in my mind.

Skydivers are more scared of not living than they are of dying.

never pull low......unless you are

the best answer
We are all risk takers (as the movie say) but we all have a life wish!!

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

--"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin." (Grace Hansen)

Sums it up!

B|

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

Just today I was sitting having a beer with my non-skydiving mates, one of them said "i'm well pissed off, the weekends are getting shitter"

I didnt reply to him but just thought "Unlucky mate. my weekends are better than they ever have been! I was skydiving this morning!"

"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

Does skydiving affect your view on mortality?

a question in return: does driving a car affect my view on mortality? how many of my daily activities are – from a statistical viewpoint – far more dangerous than skydiving?
just because the average non-skydiver thinks of the sport as dangerous.... but i guess thats been discussed ad infinitum with no outcome of value.

imo it boils down to this: yes, skydiving is an exceptional activity, that changes a lot of viewpoints. it trains you to confront you fears, trains you to make decisions in tricky situations etc. the view on mortality is just one aspect. a very tiny one.
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Here's a question: Do you guys ever get sick of hearing people say "you have to be crazy to jump out of a perfectly good airplane".

I hear that ALL the time, and I've only made one damn jump. I can tell that non-jumpers are really going to get on my nerves as I continue with this hobby.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!