vonSanta

How many times...

have you looked at yer altimeter when someone asked 'what time is it?' :)
Done it a few times and am now enjoying myself asking the oldtimers that very same question. One guy I've caught three times like that.

One girl took a brief look, said "12" and didn't catch it til someone asked "you sure?".

So, out with it.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

One of the jumpers/riggers at my home DZ just got a digital watch/alitimeter for his anniversary gift. Now, jealousy reigns supreme...at least in MY mind. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

You don't even have to ask me, everytime I think to myself 'gee, I wonder what time it is' I go into automatic reflex and look at the altimeter. In fact, I have probably been without a watch for a full year, but even when nothing is on my wrist I look at it if someone asks me. Man, I need one of those digi watch/altis, too! lol!

Angela.

I have a standard answer to that question.

"It's time to skydive."

I think watches, clocks and time are the stupidest things imaginable. I have never worn a watch by choice. I'm 42. I'm not going to start now.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I started wearing my watch on my right hand when I started jumping. Being a men's style Swatch it was a bit big under my alti. I have now (after 6 years) got used to looking to my left hand for altitude and my right hand for time.

I have been known to look at my left hand in a commercial plane when going through cloudbase though to see where the bottom of the clouds are :$.... obviously useless as I'm not wearing my alti and it is all up to the pilot on a commercial plan anyway, but in some ways I'm glad I still do that even when it is pointless!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

got a nice video of my mate (who was jump mastering the load) checking his watch on a hop and pop out of a 206 and telling everyone that we were at 3,500 ft and were clear to drop when in fact it was just about 3.30pm. (thankfully he was about right)