flyinchicken

Twin Otter separataion anxiety

[:/]
Today was the day! Sadly, our drop zone's rented Twin Otter went back to the US. A few of us drove the 1hr 1/2 to the DZ in order to say good-bye, and were hoping for one last jump as she was leaving. Sadly, weather was coming in and we had to get home, so we didn't even get the chance to say good -bye. Everyone was trying to put on a good face but there are many sad hearts in southern Ontario today.
Gone are the days of nekked skydives, big-ways, quick trips to altitude and 14000 ft drops.
Now there is nothing but a c-182 that takes 25 mins to get to 10500ft, and if someone farts, you can't open the door! Cold weather, less jumps, with less people on them. Do I need to add, SNOW.
I'm already getting itchy, and dreaming of running away south(I hate my job right now). Pretty soon I'll be shaking, chewing on things and putting on my rig and running up to the 28th floor.
Some words of encouragement would be good right now. The winter is just beginning, I have 4 months to go b4 jumping is not a frost bite hazard!
I will be taking a quick trip to Cali in Jan and then to Morocco for a week after that. However, there is nothing like a twin otter and blue skies 1 1/2 hrs away from your home. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! Is this what we have to look forward to in Can!?..... blah! It was sad to see the otter going and all the home boyz going to warmer places. hmm, 10 weeks 10 weeks..... Sorry Chickin no words of encouragement here
Lets get those Parka's out and do it Canadian Style!

The mighty ocean has but one taste, the taste of salt. Even so, the true way has but one savor, the savor of freedom.

So much for sympathy! Don't you know that hockey means winter? Ice, cold, freezing, no skydiving........

If you wanted sympathy, Why didn't you say so. It's in the dictionary between shit and syphullys:P:P

But honestly if I had to drive 1 1/2 hours for an otter I would be pissed. I only walk about ten minutes and I have my choice of three otters:)
Hope you survive the winter.:( Good luck
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

and another turbine whore is born----cessnas rock!!!

Can you take a nap in an otter? NO there is not enough time!

Can you eat your lunch in an otter? NO again there is not enough time!

Can you sit for 30 min with a womans legs over your shoulders in an otter NO AGAIN it has benches.

And on top of all of that you don't have to brace yourself to keep from falling bak towards the door cause a f$%kin' cessna doesn't climb that fast!!!

All you turbine whores can kiss my overly jealous ass!!!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

as far as I know an otter is an aquatic dwelling mamal.
I never seen a plane called an otter so at least you have jumped one.:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ehm... i don't know if this will make you feel better, but i like to jump in winter, when everything is covered in snow... especially with some 20 - 30 cm of new, fresh and dry snow... it is one hell of a shock absorber ;)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

It wasn't that long ago I was driving from Toronto down to New York state, because there wasn't a single turbine to be found anywhere in Canada.

Be happy this is changing. It's great to see turbine planes in Canada, even if they're not year round.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

i like to jump in winter, when everything is covered in snow... especially with some 20 - 30 cm of new, fresh and dry snow... it is one hell of a shock absorber

Ummmm you are crazy! snow and cold sucks! I tried it once and never, NEVER will I jump when it is less tha 15C on the ground!

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

I'm sure all of us at Burnaby miss the otter but before you know it it's going to be spring again and Mike & Tara will be saying "The Otter is coming back Today!". I'm sad to see it go but I think it makes us appreciate it all the more and reminds us how much better life is with that beautiful twin turbine machine.

You could always take some hybernol and wake up just in time for that first load next spring

:P