CrazyDave

Area 51

i expect its been on here before.... but, would it be possible to H.A.L.O onto area 51 and land in with a team of dudes with guns? i just though that it would be a really cool way in because i honestly cant see any other?!

does anyone know whether its been attemped before? if so what happened? cheers, (i know its stupid and hyporthetical, but it would be so fun)!

would it be possible to H.A.L.O onto area 51 and land in with a team of dudes with guns?

Well, I have jumped out there but it wasn't in area 51 exactly but there is nothing out there but desert until you get to groom lake itself anyways. People hype that place up and believe shit they see on TV and in movies. Could it be done by someone not authorized? Possibly but they would be discovered and the reprecutions are pretty stiff and not worth it IMO. Besides, everyone KNOWS they moved the aliens from area 51 a long time ago. Didn't you get the memo?;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

you can see it from Black Mountain... but I'd guess its to far for a paraglider and you cant get to Black Mt. either unless you have the right clearances...

"cameras are not authorized and you are instructed to ignore any unusual things you might see in the sky. You did not receive this brief" - unknown AF officer

The very nice men in grey trucks would love to visit with you, take your picture, and get your 'john henry'. Nice place to visit, but I still wonder why anyone would love to live in that neck of the 'woods'. :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The Americans have Area 51, a vast expanse of desert with secretive bunkers hiding the latest in weapons technology...
The British have a small garage shed hiding the latest in horse and hounds magazine.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Besides, everyone KNOWS they moved the aliens from area 51 a long time ago. Didn't you get the memo?

They now live next................................................................................................................................

Oh, BTW, it would be possible to do a HAHO cross-country and land within the boarders, but you'd probably not make it as far as the actual base without some significant tailwinds.

The MOA, which is perfectly legal to fly in, gets you to within about 13 nautical miles of the actual base.

See this, um, lesson in chart reading for student pilots.
http://home.earthlink.net/~quade/r4808n.html
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver