GeorgeOrwell

What is your choice for the best all around container

Quick! Everybody post what you jump, tell everyone it's the 'best', without ever trying anything else! ;)

actually I was thinking the same thing. This poll could be titled, "what container do YOU have?", and we would get about the same results.

I would say we could. Why would some one jump some thing that they thought was not the best rig. I have jumped Vector, Jav, Jav Odyssy. Eclips, Wings and Infinity. And I will never jump a Mirage as I don't like the copany. I have 3 wings The only other rig I would ever concider bying would be an Odyssey. But I would have to say "best rig" (that is over all) would be WINGS. But when it comes down to it almost all the major manufactures make a grat product that skydives great. Knowing that you are left with price, service and the image you wish to potray.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

>But when it comes down to it almost all the major manufactures
>make a grat product that skydives great.

For the most part that's true - the only real "options" that are exclusive to one manufacturer are the Skyhook (Relative Workshop) Catapult (Reflex/Viper) and fully protected reserve pin (Racer and Reflex/Viper.) For everything else, from harness rings to deployment method to reserve sizing, you can get just about anything from anyone.

Quick! Everybody post what you jump, tell everyone it's the 'best', without ever trying anything else! ;)

_Am

I've jumped most everything (except Racer) in the last 22 years. I jump a Mirage because I want to jump Mirage. Why would I buy something that I didn't want?

never pull low......unless you are

Exclusive options...Catapult (Reflex/Viper)

I checked out the Trident web site, and they don't say anything about the Catapult. Do you have some inside info? I had expected them to be in production by now.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Started on a Javelin, great rig! Went to an older Mirage, Great rig! Now have a Wings to go with the Mirage, Great rig! If these manufacturers didn't know what they were doing, they wouldn't be here. Everyone has a different opinion, but in reality, the one you can afford without sacrificing safety and still gets the job done is the best.

Don't tell me I can't! I already know that! Haven't you seen my x-rays?

My current rigs are Javelin Oddyssey and Mirage, my first was a Racer (which I will never buy again). I've jumped Relative Work shop and Wings. To buy new again, I would probably buy a Wings because of price and delivery. I love the Oddyssey but would not wait the wait, the Mirage is nice but pricey, the vector is a pain to pack, and the Racer is, well, a Racer, update! If it were free and I could have a custom rig today, it would be the Javelin Oddyssey 1,Mirage 2, Wings 3. None else! Hope that helps.

Accuracy guys like TALON, style competitionists liked RACER, ATOM is the rigger´s choise, MIRAGE for show-offs, TEARDROP is nice in naked loads... oh well, they´re all ok. If you just take the right options they´ll all be just fine.

After carefully compareing the price, quality and service my choise was very obvious. Can you fly without WINGS?;)
>If God meant for man to fly, He´d have given him much more money.

McG, DZ EFVA dictator

You've got Vector separate from Micron... A Micron is a Vector. It's just smaller than the Vector M-Series. I do like the reserve protection on my rig better than Wings, which seems to be getting a lot of praise... My javelin used to be able to show a little reserve pilot chute if the poptop worked loose a little and it's the same system on a wings.

--------
Benefitting from the 'free capture of verticality.'

I like my G3/Unisysn and Odyssey the same, but since the Odyssey isn't readily available (ridiculous lead times=poor customer service), I voted for Mirage. I planned to buy a new Odyssey, but Sunpath is too big for their britches, so Mirage will get the money Sunpath doesn't need.
Rich companies...go figure.
Troy
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

It's tough to say which is the "best" container. With the exception of an occassional problem with any particular rig, they are all quality systems.

As for my personal choice, I like Rigging Innovations products (I currently jump a Voodoo). I don't choose products because of their popularity or marketing punch - as I believe many jumpers do. I buy RI products because of the company's unmatched product performance, awesome service, and attention to customer needs.

Sandy and his staff have always been extremely customer oriented, focusing on the needs of their customers and always getting it right. From my original Talon (serial # 284) to my Voodoo, any concern I had was immediately addressed beyond my satisfaction.

Moreover, Sandy has always taken a personal approach to searching out opinions of past and current RI owners to solicit opinion (whether novice or skyg*d) to help his team build a better product. In my opinion, that's what equipment manufacturers SHOULD do. Build it, tweek it, and tweek it some more - all based on input from those who's opinions matter. Unlike some ego driven self proclaimed manufacturing legends (insert name here), Sandy is too busy staying in touch with his customers' needs to grab the often undeserved headlines for the sake of increased publicity and resulting sales.

For what it's worth, I've had 7 reserve rides ranging from horseshoes to wild, highly loaded, out of control spinners. The one constant in every one of those has been the container. Easy cutaway, minimal rig shift upon release, and always a beautiful and strong reserve p/c launch resulting in a clean reserve deployment (added thanks to Precision and PD for the reserves).

For those who don't know or may not remember, RI has been responsible for many technologies we all take for granted. "Tuck Tabs" (velcroless riser covers and flap closures) were the product of the "Talon Tongue", the first main pin cover to use a tab instead of velcro. Same goes for riser covers - the first ones without velcro were employed on an RI product. Articulation rings commonly found on just about every rig were also first used on RI rigs. There's probably a few I'm forgetting, but that's because they haven't been pounded into my head through advertising dollars you guys pay for. Instead Sandy and company prefer not to flaunt their advances. They're too busy building quality rigs and keeping customers happy.

Hats off to Sandy, Brenda, and the whole Rigging Innovations crew. You do it right, and we RI owners know it!!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

After reading all the postings, and seeing more people singing the praises of Wings than others (Mirage being a close second), I was surprised to see, when I looked at results, that Wings is in 4th with only 11%. Conversely, the leader, Javelin with 25%, was not as represented in posted comments. Whaddya make of this?

I for one was not able to find were I was to cast my vote. So I just posted.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

Javelin with 25%, was not as represented in posted comments. Whaddya make of this?

That that is a silly observation.

Of the containers I tried, I liked the Odyssey the best. If a Vector 3 would've felt more comfortable, I would've gotten that, however (it doesn't completely sit on my lower back). I've heard of way too many problems with Wings and Mirage, and I haven't tried any other containers.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

After reading all the postings, and seeing more people singing the praises of Wings than others (Mirage being a close second), I was surprised to see, when I looked at results, that Wings is in 4th with only 11%. Conversely, the leader, Javelin with 25%, was not as represented in posted comments. Whaddya make of this?

Wings seems to be really hit or miss. People either love them and their experience with them (hence the praise) or they had a terrible experience, and will never do business with them again. Sunpath has been around awhile, there's going to be more Jav owners out there, and Sunpath already has an established rep, people don't really need to 'sing their praises'
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Wings seems to be really hit or miss. People either love them and their experience with them (hence the praise) or they had a terrible experience, and will never do business with them again. Sunpath has been around awhile, there's going to be more Jav owners out there, and Sunpath already has an established rep, people don't really need to 'sing their praises'

It sounds like you had a bad experience with your Wings. As someone ordering one at the end of this month, I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell your story, and any others you've heard in the negative.

Thanks!

Buy an Infinity from Velocity. I made an order in early August of this year and it showed up at the end of October. You can't beat them for the quality, cost, and delivery time. They're freefly safe, f***ing awesome looking, and all around an awesome rig. I can upload some pictures of my new container later tonight. I did custom colors and other options and it still only took a short period of time to get to my door (especially when you compare to others i.e. Sunpath - I've heard it can take a YEAR to get an Odyssey rig). If i had to do all over again I wouldn't change anything, well maybe I'd change when I ordered so it would have gotten here sooner!

Kelly you rock man, thanks for taking my many many calls requesting an "update" on my rig. I think by the time it was all over I had called often enough that you knew my voice.

My vote is definitely for Infinity, hands down, no reservations about their rigs at all.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell