velo90

How many Static Line jumps did you do before your 1st Freefall

I did my first 3 sec delay on jump nr 13 ... it went pearshaped from there. Off the rope. On the rope. Off the rope. On the rope. In total:
22 static lines (including the drcps)
6 x 3sec
3 x 5sec
3 x 10sec
5 x 15 sec (can you say spin??)
Once I got the 15 sec right, it's been happy flying since then B|

Kerry

I hold the record here in Colorado for most S/L jumps before being able to move on to Freefall. :(
That would be lucky number 13.

13 jumps is nuffin, I know a number of people that have had way over 20. I think they sorta got hooked (pun intended) on the static line did not want to risk freefall. So to make sure freefall was not an option they probaly deliberately did a bad exit so they would not progress:D;)

I took the s/l progression and did 6 s/l before doing my "clear and pull" which was about a 15-20 second delay (from 5500 feet). I did my first jump s/l and took a year off to travel europe, then when I came back I started the s/l program which included 5 s/l...the first 2 were "normal" and the next 3 were drcp's (dummy ripcord pulls) or sometimes call prcp's (practice ripcord pulls).

yoshi

Don't worry flyangel you are not alone, it took me 12 static line jumps too.:)

Having to do as many S/L jumps that I did, I feel it helps me with teaching "problem" students. When ever I jump with students that are beating them self up because of bad performance, I just get my log book out and show them what a bad student I was. Most times that brings a smile to their face.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey