adamUK

George W. Bush shut our DZ.

He's here in the North East of England and Peterlee is in the no-fly zone... so no lifts today... still better than getting shot down by a fast-jet pilot with more testosterone than brains ;).

Teesside airport is crawling with police and security... bonkers.

when I was in St Petersburg (Russia) last summer, V.Poutine came to the city,no plane flying 100 km around... and tha twas the only decent day for jumping while I was there... Except the day after, when at the last minute, the flight plan for our chopper got changed by the army, we could do a helicopter ride, but no way for slipping out the door [:/]>:(
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I'm reasonably ceratin that it is photoshopped. look at the shadow on the hangar in the background and the man standing by it (whose shadow you can't see). the direction it is being cast would suggest that the sun is overhead and to the right, while the shadow of the plane would need the sun to be to the left. however it is still possibly real, these shadows are close enough that it could just be the angle that the hangar is at, etc. The other clue that it may be photoshopped is the top edge of the plane, (see my photo). It's hard to tell zoomed out, but if you get a little closer it's kind of a blurry mask... still could just be a smudge if the photo was scanned or a number of other things. But these two things in tandem (no pun intended) have me relatively convinced that it's faked. The shadow of the plane would obviously be difficult to fake (since you wouldn't have it in a real photo, at least not as nice as it is) but not impossible, and it is pretty crisp compared to the rest of the photo. Still there is some doubt in my mind that it may be real. Anyway I'll stop babbling.

Actually received this in an Email with several others showing what the Brits do for fun when they are flying around the sandbox. Saved this one because it was the best. Also showed a picture of a small foreign car with a crease in the roof. Seems some of the pilots knew one of their mates was driving from somewhere to somewhere-else and did a low pass on him. Needless to say, one of them got too low. The Email said that pilot was sent home the next week shrouded in shame.

Checked on Snopes and couldn't find it there, but quien sabe.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Something like this one? Although the text is in Dutch, sorry 'bout that, no idea how to change it.

http://www.12000ft.com/photography.pps

Translations:

slide1:
Photography is not only an art, it also produces some funny images as shown in the next slides.

The commentary ought to be:
DUCK you morons!!!

slide2:
Just making a sharp turn...
(the showoff)

slide3:
We can do that too ya know!!

slide4:
Now pay attention to where you park, before you know it you're outside the lines

slide5:
A funny variant of 'double parking'

slide6:
Waterskiing for exxagerators

slide7:
Traffic from the right has the right of way of course. But be careful merging!

slide8:
A wrong button is naturally easy to push...
(I told you so, 'no bom!') (= reference to a duch commercial)

slide9:
And now we know why the war is so expensive...
($13 mil to $%^&)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Don't let Judy see this thread - she is still mad because he shut down our dz for half a day when he was down in Mississippi. We were outside his airspace, but we got shut down anyway because some crazy woman rammed her car into the building where he was giving the speech. Not a political statement or anything - she was just mad and rammed her car into a wall, and it happened to a wall around the building where the Pres was. I am sure whe was surprised by how quickly the police responded....

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

The plane is a Jaguar. It is a ground attack plane that has been in service for quite a number of years. It was joint produced by and is used by the British and the French an is also by the Saudi Arabia
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule