Nightingale

Freestyle/Freefly??

I freefly, but I don't do freestyle. I figure that if I can't touch my toes while standing on the ground, there's no way in hell I'll be able to do it in the air. :P

Ask Betsy, she got a medal in freestyle.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't sell yourself short, it looks gay when both genders do either.

poke poke
jab
jab

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Freestyle is similar to ballet, ice skating or synchronized swimming in pairs which requires the performer to display ability in extension, poise, grace, difficulty while trying to make it all look easy. There are required interactive moves with the camera flyer for scoring.
Freeflying is 3-way and does not require the static poses that freestyle does. Both are equal in their challenges and require one to be able to fly on all axis.
:)

Freeflying is all about relative work. Thats why its called VRW. For those people who saying freeflying is just goofing around.. so not true. You may learn somewhat by goofing around... but I think that once you're proficient the goal is almost always relative work.

Freestyle is done solo. Sure there might be minor interactions with the camera man.. but generally its one person going off on a series of predetermined moves.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

No what looks gay is when a bunch of people funnel a simple exit, and they're on their bellies ...

poke
poke
jab

:P;):$

Ya know, when belly flyers funnel, it's gay, when freeflyers funnel, the dive just went 3d. B|

Poke poke
Jab jab

B|B|B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Freeflying is all about relative work. Thats why its called VRW. For those people who saying freeflying is just goofing around.. so not true. You may learn somewhat by goofing around... but I think that once you're proficient the goal is almost always relative work.

You are talking some serious revisionist history here. Incredible how soon they forget. Scratch Garrison relays this very eloquently. It, like relative work (formation skydiving now....GASP!) used to be all about fun; now it's "work." People getting into "freeflying" nowadays might believe what you said, but that was not the intent of vertical flying and/or flying on all axis.

Essentially, I was trying to say that nowadays, the intent of freeflying is RW performed on all axis.

I was trying to offer a current definition of freeflying.
Not explain the history...;)

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Both are equal in their challenges and require one to be able to fly on all axis.

You are so modest! Freestyle has got to be much harder.

1. Freefly is really only sit/stand/headdown. Transitions are nice, but not necessary. Freestyle is everything and the kitchen sink! I can't even imagine trying to fly with one foot over my head, the other foot behind my back and my arms twisted up in a pretzel :P

2. I won't even go into the flexibility thing. I couldn't do most of that stuff on the ground after overdosing on muscle relaxants.

3. Freestyle does not look "gay" (Steve!) - it is amazing and I respect any man or woman that can do it. I only wish I could fly my body that well!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

You are talking some serious revisionist history here. Incredible how soon they forget. Scratch Garrison relays this very eloquently. It, like relative work (formation skydiving now....GASP!) used to be all about fun; now it's "work." People getting into "freeflying" nowadays might believe what you said, but that was not the intent of vertical flying and/or flying on all axis.

Soon freeflying will be work, RW will be something only old people do (like accuracy :o), birdman suits will be fun jumps, and inevitably BM will give way to freefall laser tag.

corollary: CRW has always been work :P

CrW has always been work. AGREED. But you can always take along a couple cans of beer.

Try that in freefall without a straw....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants