skybytch

2004 SIM

A post in another thread regarding the "high performance canopy" info in the newest SIM got me wondering how many people out there own or have read through the 2004 USPA SIM.

If you own one, post your jump numbers and why you bought it (ie for general knowledge, working toward a license, working toward a rating).

I printed out the updated information I needed. I've got just under 1000 jumps and I did that so I'd have updated information for my students. Since I'm a TM/USPA Coach and working toward AFF.

Not only that but I'm one curious/nosey bastard and I want to know all I can.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I got it because I wanted more information on the ISP training program and what was expected of me as a student. Also the testing information is there. I have 12 jumps so far. . .

I will say that it has helped me ASK QUESTIONS of my instructors when I felt that I didn't understand something that I was supposed to try. . .It has been very helpful.
FGF #6
Darcy

You'll find that if you ever end up working towards a rating or using it for student training with a rating, you'll really really want to have one that you bought, that's printed out nicely, has a cover and is bound. It makes life soooo much easier.B| Yeah, its a lift ticket, but its well spent.

I have about 850 jumps and I bought one because I coach and want to have the latest information that USPA is putting out so I can give students this information. It's also a good reference and has a ton of great information in it.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Saved that lift ticket. Did front and back of the page, hole punched it, put it in a nice ring binder with some tabs. If its free its for me!
I did it on the clock of course

Since I work AT a dropzone, they really wouldn't want me to do that and it would cost me roughly the cost of the SIM (if not a bit more) to do that. Well, that's not including the binding, I don't even have one of those binder punch thingies with the little plastic spin of binding stuff.

I one own, I buy one every year. I feel it's my responsibility to research changes in the ISP scince I hold USPA Instructional ratings.

Besides, a picture I took is on the cover!B|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Oh my, there is actually a jumper who does not know what a SIM is??? Startling!

I'm going on 1500 and personally, I think all jumpers should reaquaint themselves with the manual. It would be a great oportunity at Safety Day to have a Q & A on topics from the book. I Try to read much of it during the winter months just to keep in tune with safety procedures, etc. Don't want to be caught with my pants down, so to speak.

I don't care how many jumps someone has, it's always a good idea to review malfunctions, sit in the harness, review the student progression. I'm always jumping with new folks and I really don't want to feel stupid when they ask me questions about the new program.

So get a manual, y'all, or at least borrow one to keep current. Just my two cents.
Que sera sera