tkhayes

Parts of Florida Shut Down

The funny part? If you read the TFR's - they basically ground GA and allow commercial flights. Last I checked it wasn't GA that was responsible for 9/11.

Shortly after 9/11, a 15 yo kid hopped in a Cessna and flew it into the side of the Bank of America building in downtown Tampa, killing himself.

It doesn't happen a lot, but it did happen here.

The funny part? If you read the TFR's - they basically ground GA and allow commercial flights. Last I checked it wasn't GA that was responsible for 9/11.

Shortly after 9/11, a 15 yo kid hopped in a Cessna and flew it into the side of the Bank of America building in downtown Tampa, killing himself.

It doesn't happen a lot, but it did happen here.

But if GA flight into TFRs is illegal, only criminals will fly GA in TFRs, and we know criminals don't obey the law.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Waste of breath and time to whine and complain - it's just the way it is!

So what you are saying is that you have a quitter attitude?

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I would not have thought that about you.

I personally have never been one to give up. Ask anyone who knows me.

If done properly things can be changed. Of course if you dont try you can never succeed.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Watch as government grows ever bigger and freedom grows ever smaller. It's happening right before our eyes.

-

Don't blame me . I voted for Al Gore. In Florida.

I'm sure the Framers are rolling over in their graves.

Hey Tom, Off Topic, weren't you the guy that docked on me on the 124 ways at Cross-Keys last July? Whacker at 5 OClock.

Quitter attitude? No, but I lived in Maine when Bush used to fly in & out of Pease. You will not get this changed. You can write and complain all you want - it isn't going to happen. If it is regards to the President's security - you are SOL! I just don't waste my time flogging a dead horse... so to speak.

Quitter - I'll show you a quitter - come on out here - I'll go - wanna go????;)

Who was shutdown in FL anyways?

just a simple question, any DZ close to Washington DC ?? and can they jump when GWB is in the house ?

Had the same problem in Russia last year when Poutine came to St Petersburg... No plane flying in a 100km radius...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I work for the Feds in the DoD and the safety of the Prez comes first.

As it should. As I see it that's not the issue. The issue is the President's choice to attend a sporting event - one he could watch in comfort at the White House without impacting anyone's livelihood.

Personally I don't feel that appearing at or attending a sporting event is something that is required of the President, nor do I feel it is appropriate considering how many people will be not just inconvenienced but also hurt financially by the increased security required for him to be there.

I agree with you completely Lisa. Does he not realize how disruptive his presence is on the general public. He shut us down once. I don't know if I could vote for a person like that.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

, weren't you the guy that docked on me on the 124 ways at Cross-Keys last July? Whacker at 5 OClock.

I'm not sure .Did you get taken out? If so it wasn't me. Tom

Nothing that wasn't recoverable:P

Our whacker ruled - unlike the one at 7 OClock!

If it is regards to the President's security - you are SOL!

If this was truly the case then nothing should fly not even commercial. I mean really why should only the small businessman suffer. At a minimum then all the people who are shut down should be given the mean average of what they make on a daily basis. It is only fair.

I mean they are spending all of this extra money on the useless TSA! :S

Quitter - I'll show you a quitter - come on out here - I'll go - wanna go????

Sure I'll go Silly Girl!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:ph34r::D

Oh wait I have to go to sebastian. Well, I will try to make a trip out there soon. :)

At least 3-Major DZ's Deland, Lake Wales, and Z-Hills. I would not be suprised if there were more. Possibly Titusville but I am not positive. I cannot think of the smaller DZ's between here and there.

Let us know if you ever break free from the grind and venture this way.

Laters,

"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least 3-Major DZ's Deland, Lake Wales, and Z-Hills. I would not be suprised if there were more. Possibly Titusville but I am not positive. I cannot think of the smaller DZ's between here and there

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that there was bad weather during that time frame anyway so people most likely wouldn't of been jumping to start with. So of all the times he could come to that area, this was the best time as you were weathered out to start with.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that there was bad weather during that time frame anyway so people most likely wouldn't of been jumping to start with. So of all the times he could come to that area, this was the best time as you were weathered out to start with.

Ok, Scott, You're wrong.

The WX was great on Sunday during the race, much better than the forecasts had. Deland at least could have had a good day.

Considere yourself corrected.;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Ok, Scott, You're wrong.

The WX was great on Sunday during the race, much better than the forecasts had. Deland at least could have had a good day.

Considere yourself corrected.;)

I heard it was nice that day but very windy as in not jumpable. If all you lost was one day then count yourself lucky as you could of lost more if the weather was not an issue. Gotta find the silver lining in those dark clouds;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

At least 3-Major DZ's Deland, Lake Wales, and Z-Hills.

Lake Wales was open, I did a jump there on Sunday. The girl in manifest said they must have been just over the line because even the airport in Mulberry was shut down. I didn't even think Mulberry was big enough to have an airport! :ph34r:

Scott, you're right that it was windy but the skies cleared in the early afternoon. On my jump they were around 16 mph.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah we almost missed the shut down.

I was busy anyway. :P

It is still senseless.

Yes, DZ's are down more due to weather and therefore do not need another factor to prohibit money making.

The weather started out crappy and then cleared but it was a little windy.

We all know though that there are fools out there who will jump in any condition.

Laters,

I guess that's what you have to put up with when you live in the U.S.
You know something like that wouldn't happen up here in Canada.
Not to many people give a shit if the PM is visiting a sports event.
Who is it now? Paul Martin.

Blue Skies,

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

TK

You could complain to the governor, what his name?

My guess is that GW will visit Centcom befor the election after we win in Iraq, So he can hand out a bunch of medals to show his appreciation and get some more votes.

Hope for rain or high winds.

R.I.P.

If it is regards to the President's security - you are SOL!

If this was truly the case then nothing should fly not even commercial. I mean really why should only the small businessman suffer. At a minimum then all the people who are shut down should be given the mean average of what they make on a daily basis. It is only fair.

It's the Government. It doesn't have to make sense.

It's the Government. It doesn't have to make sense.

Unfortunately I know this all too well. [:/]:S

If enough rucus is made though things could possibly change. All these politicians want to have votes on their side. :D

Laters,

he shuts down Skydive New England all the time in the summer when he goes on vacation. Sometimes for a week at a time without any advanced notice....welcome to our world.

What's going to happen when he gets voted out of office this fall, retires, and then more permanently domiciles himself up there? I do beleive that even ex-prez's can (and in this case probably will) get the same considerations as the current one. ...Something to think/potentially worry about now?

P.S. ...Congrats on the recent engagement there Barry. Ahh, to be young and impetuous once again. Never again for me though, personally. But congrats to you & your betrothed none-the-less! :)
coitus non circum - Moab Stone