JoeyRamone

Who has the largest DZ in the country?

If you are going on just plane fleets, to the best of my knowledge:

SDA - 3 Super Otters, Skyvan (I've heard up to 4), DC3, KingAir, Porter.
Perris - 3 Super Otters, Skyvan
Deland - Super Otter, Skyvan, Porter
Carolina SkySports - 5 or 6 Super Otters, 4 Casa's, 2 King Airs, 7-8 Cessna's.
Crosskeys - 3 Caravan's, Otter, Skyvan, Biplane, Chopper
The Ranch - 3-4 Super Otters

Largest number of jumps per year would probally be Skydive Arizona. They have a lot of teams, plus they contract out to foriegn military groups and other projects.

Now if you want to include WFFC into the mix, they have:
3-6 Super Otters, 2-3 Casa's, Skyvan, Mullins King Air, Chopper, 4-5 Balloons, Biplane and what ever else they bring in like the C130, the 727, the bombers... And they do 40-60k jumps in a 10 day peroid.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you are going on just plane fleets, to the best of my knowledge:

SDA - 3 Super Otters, Skyvan (I've heard up to 4), DC3, KingAir, Porter.
Perris - 3 Super Otters, Skyvan
Deland - Super Otter, Skyvan, Porter
Carolina SkySports - 5 or 6 Super Otters, 4 Casa's, 2 King Airs, 7-8 Cessna's.
Crosskeys - 3 Caravan's, Otter, Skyvan, Biplane, Chopper

Largest number of jumps per year would probally be Skydive Arizona. They have a lot of teams, plus they contract out to foriegn military groups and other projects.

Now if you want to include WFFC into the mix, they have:
3-6 Super Otters, 2-3 Casa's, Skyvan, Mullins King Air, Chopper, 4-5 Balloons, Biplane and what ever else they bring in like the C130, the 727, the bombers... And they do 40-60k jumps in a 10 day peroid.

I believe lodi has 4 or 5 planes as well.

ACTUALLY, these are all common misconceptions. The WORLDS largest DZ is right here in the Midwest, the Kansas State University Parachute Club. Unlike MOST DZ's, we have a Nice & Roomy wide body Cessna and our own airport!!! :D
=========Shaun ==========

including Otters

I think this is where things get complicated (for Empuria and others). Are you sure Empia oens their otters?

Same questions for many DZs.... One week a DZ may have 3 plane, the next mont only one....

I think the measure of "biggest" should be # of jumps.
Remster

CSS keeps at least an Otter and a Casa on site plus what ever is'nt being lease out or is on military contract.

SDC is down to the 2 Super Otters (Skydive Tecumsa bought one), the damaged DC3, the Bell 222 (that is set up for shuttling execs and not really a jumpship) and their 182.

By the same token SDA has their King Air and Porter leased out most the time and at least one plane from Xkeys is at NOSC in LA and another at Sebastian. Kpow has a few planes too but I think they lease one or two of them out also.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Zhills is huge as well - and use the Freefall Express Otters. In the winter they have three otters, and in the summer they have one. They also have a Porter that is not airworthy and sitting in the hanger.

Chicagoland also has a Super Otter, Super Porter, and a cesna.

I would think that when judging who the largest DZ is, we should be judging how many jumpers they can accommodate as opposed to how large their fleet is. I mean who cares if a DZ owns 20 airplanes (just a figure here) if 18 of them a regularily leased out to other DZs.

With that in mind Skydive Arizona is considered the largest DZ in the world. But there are a number of other DZs (Perris, Z-Hills, Deland, SDC etc, etc, etc) which are also considered large major DZs.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

With that in mind Skydive Arizona is considered the largest DZ in the world. But there are a number of other DZs (Perris, Z-Hills, Deland, SDC etc, etc, etc) which are also considered large major DZs.

I'd include Empuria in there too. At 110 000 jumps / year or so, they are up there.
Remster

Dont forget the Jewel, the twin star and the porter that for some reason hasnt flown in a while. We keep 4 otters in the summer, but I'll bet we "could have" all the freefall express otters we could fit in Billy's back yard.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Damn. And I flew in that Porter, too. Or, at least, I flew in a Porter there. Not skyworthy? I'm freakin glad I had a parachute on my back. ;)

It has no engine in it right now, I doubt it took you to alti. From my understanding it has been that way for years.

The Porter at Skydive Arizona now lives in Italy, the Skyvan fleet is four with another for spares and one will be sold soon, we'll end up with three plus the spares plane. Otter 204BD is leased to Mile Hi for the summer and everything else will be traveling to boogies leaving us at least one of something to jump out of.
Nice hardware TK.