Quasimodem

My Tandem Master Put His Hand On My Forehead Just Before Exit

I have watched my video for the 20th time just now, and I can't get over that part of it!

We were in the doorway of the plane and that is what he did. He put his hand on my brow, gently pulled my head back and the next thing I knew we were in free-fall.

I don't know if this is common practice, but when he did that, all the scare left me and I felt very very safe with him.

It's like Johan was saying "I care about you, and I won't let anything happen. Relax and trust me."

Every time I see that portion of the video, it makes me choke up with emotion. I work in a hospital as a respiratory therapist, and I know how important the personal "touch" is, but I did not expect that.

He does not frequent this website, but I thank him anyway.

I'm gushing, right? :D

Q

Common practice to lean the student's head back just before exit. Sometimes I press on my student's forehead and other times I tap them under the chin. Either method reminds them to arch the top half of their spine - essential to freefall stability.

Keeps me from a broken nose, helps destract the passenger as we move out the door.
always done while saying (head back).

Hey Chuck, how do you get your short ass up so high as to have their head against your chest????

B|

Chris

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

:)
You guys are awesome! Can't wait to get out of "rookie" status and do my own jumps. Guess I'll have to pull my own head back then, huh?;)

Doesn't matter. Yesterday was the first time in a long time I've had it out of my ass, and it felt magnificent. I knew I envied y'all for a reason.

Only regret I have is that I waited till I was 54 to discover this "way of life"!

Thanks for the ride and thanks for this website.

Okay. On my way to pick up the photographs!

Q

:)
You guys are awesome! Can't wait to get out of "rookie" status and do my own jumps. Guess I'll have to pull my own head back then, huh?;)

Doesn't matter. Yesterday was the first time in a long time I've had it out of my ass, and it felt magnificent. I knew I envied y'all for a reason.

Only regret I have is that I waited till I was 54 to discover this "way of life"!

Thanks for the ride and thanks for this website.

Okay. On my way to pick up the photographs!

Q

CONGRATS!!! on that first jump
&
Welcome to the sky.You are NEVER too old!
Glad you found a new place for you head ;)
Be sure to post some of those photos!!!:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

Tandem Masters do everything for the sole reason of looking after themselves first.....

This mean that they are looking after you as well.....most T/M's arn't too aware of social/medical niceties.......but they do want you to experience the buzz of your live......

T/M's will appreciate a beer afterwards though......
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Quasimodem,,

Glad to hear that your tandem was a fun and memorable time...
The
subtle and fine touches which come second nature to an experienced tandem Master,,, are the reason that First Jump candidates are even SAFER than they realize....
Sounds like you chose a fine fine dropzone..
How did your music turn out... on the video???
P S...be careful not to wear it out... :)

Yeah, okay, that's fine and I do appreciate the fact that my T/M Johan does this for a living, but my point was that he was kind to me during ground instruction, he was kind to me in the Otter, and he let me give him a hug after landing.

Next "Open Bar" we have at my DZ, he gets a beer. B|

And Jimmy? My video sucked. Can it be re-shot, do ya think?

Thanks

Q

Yeah, okay, that's fine and I do appreciate the fact that my T/M Johan does this for a living, but my point was that he was kind to me during ground instruction, he was kind to me in the Otter, and he let me give him a hug after landing.

Sounds like you had a great TM whether it was part of routine or how he specifically made you feel at ease...you're right, touch is important. I know my DZ can't be the only DZ where all jumpers grab each other's hands or slap each other on the back and say 'Have a great jump' to each person in the plane as we turn onto jump run, right?? B| I love that part! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

my video sucked... Can it be re-shot?? do ya' think??

What!!!!!...... whaddaya mean?? I thought the dive was a big success.... what was the problem w/ the vid???

to answer your question... the only way to "re-shoot it" would be to make a second tandem,,, ( Not a bad idea)...
However I suppose you could always "re-edit " it.... Still,, most videographers may be offended if you ask about "re-doing" a finished tape..... so please tread lightly on that issue.... After all It's really NOT about the video... It's about the skydive.... I was just wonderin' how the music choices turned out.....:)

Jimmy, The dive itself was a huge success, but the music mattered. I needed Blood On The Risers to begin the video and I needed Louis Armstong's Wonderful World (your suggestion) to end it .

My videographer chose to include only 2 of my songs ("Fanfare For The Common Man" and "Purple Haze") in my 3 minute video. He could have faded down Purple Haze after Jimi sang "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!" and brought in Wonderful World, but he chose not to do that.

The music was very important, Jimmy!

Sorry, but I felt I wasn't listened to, and it cost me 85 bucks.

Your Pal,

Q

PS: I'm ready for my next tandem even without the music! I wanna grab me a piece of the sky!

I am both a Tandem master and a videographer, so I appreciate everything you have posted. I am disappointed to hear that you didn't like your video.

If you come to my DZ to do a tandem, I will do the video for free and put the music that you want on it. Promise! All you have to do is come visit!:)

I got a video with my tandem at asc. They did an awesome job with it. I get to see myself skydiving for the first time over and over again. I don't care what music is on it. Did you tell them that's how you wanted your music? Just be happy that they let you pick music at all. Some places don't do that.

Oh and Johan is a cool guy. I didn't do my tandem with him but I did have a couple AFF jumps with him. But I don't think I would have wanted him to touch my forehead in the door on AFF though. LOL!

Hope to see you at the dropzone in the near future!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Jimmy, The dive itself was a huge success, but the music mattered. I needed Blood On The Risers to begin the video and I needed Louis Armstong's Wonderful World (your suggestion) to end it .

My videographer chose to include only 2 of my songs ("Fanfare For The Common Man" and "Purple Haze") in my 3 minute video. He could have faded down Purple Haze after Jimi sang "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!" and brought in Wonderful World, but he chose not to do that.

The music was very important, Jimmy!

Sorry, but I felt I wasn't listened to, and it cost me 85 bucks.

Your Pal,

Q

PS: I'm ready for my next tandem even without the music! I wanna grab me a piece of the sky!

So why don't you simply redo the music?
Make a copy of the tape so you won't mess up the original. Get two VCR's, pop in the tape, link it to the second VCR with the v-cable, link a CD-player to the second VCR with an a-cable. Now simply re-record it, playing the songs you want to when you want to.

If it is worth THAT much to you, then it wont be too much of an issue to redo it.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!