UKKid35

How often have you had a parabolic ride before exiting?

This happened to me around my 20th jump, last lift of the day, someones birthday. I'm glad it was only one drop, my stomach was still rather queasy as I jumped a few minutes later. Even so I'm glad I had the chance to do it - well actually I didn't have a choice!

I'm confused. And why wouldn't you have a choice????? You always have a choice to jump or not to jump. If there is every any doubt - STAY ON THE PLANE! I've ridden the plane down a few times because I didn't feel well or I didn't like the conditions. Maybe I'm just confused about what you are saying.

The pilot's treat for us all was a steep climb and then steep dive, which meant about 5 to 10 seconds of zero G. I didn't have a choice because I didn't know it was going to happen until just before, nor did anyone else as far as I know. We were told to make sure we were attached loosely using the seatbelt, but there was pleanty of slack to float around.

Zero G's are fun!

Our pilot is pretty cool. He will do them now and then if there are no students/tandems on board. Sometimes even if there are :D
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

This happened to me around my 20th jump, last lift of the day, someones birthday. I'm glad it was only one drop, my stomach was still rather queasy as I jumped a few minutes later. Even so I'm glad I had the chance to do it - well actually I didn't have a choice!

1979 on a sunset load at the Shrimp Boat Boogie, I was sitting in the door of the DC-3 on the way to altitude when the sky and ground spun around. Pilot did the smoothest barrel roll I've ever experienced (well, it was! OK, it was also my first :). One g throughout.

We get on the ground and I'm carrying about the incredible barrel roll. Blank looks and questions like, "dude, you got enough to share?".

Without the visual, most were unaware.

It was my 6th jump on a baloon suit and my SCS. All in all, a most memorable jump.

Michael

Even so I'm glad I had the chance to do it - well actually I didn't have a choice!

At WTS, we get a little parabola at the top of every KingAir run.. lasts about 3-5 seconds and it's just enough to help everyone get up off the floor...

i think it's very cool... you can feel the plane getting into position... even sitting on the floor, all you have to do is wait a second until you've floated up a bit, then put your feet down.... EFFORTLESS!

now, if someone knows how to get onto the -real- Vomit Comet for some astronaut grade weightlessness... sign me up!!

michael
Michael Hart

it was just in the news that the Vomit Comet is accepting civilian weightless rides...for 3K a pop!! i will stick with Mike Mullins KingAir. every ride to altitude i have been on includes a zero-G standup before exit...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

now, if someone knows how to get onto the -real- Vomit Comet for some astronaut grade weightlessness... sign me up!

From Avweb:
The man best known for organizing the private space race is making weightlessness available to anyone with $3,000 and, we hope (as will their fellow passengers) a strong stomach. Peter Diamandis, the founder of the X Prize competition, is behind the Zero Gravity Corporation, which just got FAA approval to sell tickets on NASA-style parabolic flight profiles (aboard a 727-200) that give customers a brief period of weightlessness and a rather unique view. The FAA signed off on the flights on Tuesday and tickets are on sale for flights that will be conducted on a two-week tour that will visit New York, Los Angeles, Reno, Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit and Florida. Passengers spend a full day in a program led by a former astronaut and then board a modified Boeing 727-200, which flies a roller-coaster flight profile between 22,000 and 32,000 feet. We hope the modifications include easy clean interiors because even the most experienced pilots training for the space program lost their lunches in the NASA flights. They nicknamed the KC-135 they used the Vomit Comet.
http://avweb.com/newswire/10_38b/briefs/188151-1.html
http://www.nogravity.com/
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

The video on their site looks cool.

Add this to the list of things that cost $3k that I want to do some day.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

now, if someone knows how to get onto the -real- Vomit Comet for some astronaut grade weightlessness... sign me up!!

coming back from Germany on a C5 once we got several zero-G dives from the pilot.. it was only my team in the airline seats, with our system and an apache folded up in the hold, the crew cheif came back and asked "wanna play"?? :DB|

How WILD!!!that MUST be...

Only got weighless once in a cessna as the only one on...wasn't a jump run, either...

That might make a difference. Getting ya up to get ya out...NOW that might be cool,
But I don't like getting that queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach...
Doesn't that make ya feel pucky to the point that it interfers with your jump?

Nope...never get the "gonna get ill" feeling. Just totally cool to realize that a split second ago you were sitting down and now you're standing. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

coming back from Germany on a C5 once we got several zero-G dives from the pilot.. it was only my team in the airline seats, with our system and an apache folded up in the hold, the crew cheif came back and asked "wanna play"??

ahhh...our tax dollars being spent in a smart and responsable way as usual...

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Our KA pilot is great about doing it for us. Helps you get off the floor:)
He did a big one once when a tandem said she wasn't scared and there were a few frightened jumpers at that point but since I was on the rear seat looking I saw it and laughed. Wish I had my camera on for that one.:D

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hy,

I love our pilot, hes a qualified acrbatic flyer. And loves giving us zero G in our cessna.

We have this large rambo style knife next to door to cut away static liners, so this knife one time came out and floated around the cabin scaring the shit out of a stundent. Until the pilot grabbed it out the air!
I'll never forget the look in the eyes of that poor fellow ;)

the only time i'v gotten one was on Mullins King Air at WFFC, but from what i hear he does that on every load. Kinda cool b/c if your in the back it really helps you get on your feet :D:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin