Jib

Have you ever tracked in flippers?

With the Keys Boogies coming up, I was thinking of silly things to do. So, have you? Why don't wingsuit's have them built in??

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

With regarding having them built in no clue. But I did try tracking with flippers one time after reading about it in one of these forums it kinda hurt my back and was really hard to try and keep the track flat but mabe if you try this with a wing suit or even a P.F tracking suit i'm sure you will get a better outcome.

If you want to do it just for the visual (bring a photog), those boogie board flippers are kinda cool. While you're at it bring a boogie board!

In the skydiving scene in Point Break (the 2.5minute one) one of the guys is wearing boogie board flippers:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you do get a pair get the stiff ones. There are swift water fins that are damn near hard plastic. That would fair well and remain rigid in the air instead of flopping around. Plus when you land they are stiff enough to walk in instead of bending and flopping.

A friend of mine tried it many moons ago, and said that he bucked like he was doing the butterfly stroke the whole time.
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've jumped with snorkel flippers last year at the Flora Bama Beach Boogie. Not to track, but just a fun RW jump. Everyone was just wearing shorts and t-shirts. Forward speed was incredible, but overall it was hard to fly otherwise. If you didn't want to go forward you had to keep you feet up more on your butt, and it seemed to make it harder to control fall rate.
I had drilled a small hole in the end of each one and after opening I took them off and hooked them onto my harness with one of those things (I can't remember what they are called, some people have them on their key rings)
Landed barefoot, and the sand and the parking lot was so HOT.
If you want to try it make sure that they fit extra tight. It felt like they would come off easily if not.

How do ya like it Johnny?

Hey!
I remember that jump! I think that was actually one of the beach jumps that I was on. I just remember you being like "Man, when I tried to come into the formation I went so fast!"

Awe, I miss the Bama! :( Can't wait until Memorial day! See ya!
Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller