skykittykat

New DZ.Com Record

ah so lurkers dont count? look at his registration date... he's been a member for a while...

i call prejudice against the strong silent types.. ;)

after all its the DZ.com record, not the forum record...:S

ah so lurkers dont count? look at his registration date... he's been a member for a while...

i call prejudice against the strong silent types.. ;)

after all its the DZ.com record, not the forum record...:S

Hey, Zen...agreed rules are in this thread - http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1373378#1373378.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

'agreed' rules?

sorry i dont see agreement, i see decree, and the only one who can do that is HH...

i understand avoiding last min registrations to keep 'ringers' out if they havent been members before, but trying to say that someone HAS to post to be a member is silly...

we have far more members who are lurkers than posters and are still DZ.comers

Hey, hon...I'm not on either of the attempts and as long as people have fun and are safe, I don't care who gets it. :)
Just pointing out what the "east coast" and "west coast" had said their competition was going to be and why people are saying it doesn't count.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Just about every skydiver has registered on dzcom, but they aren't active posters. I still think the rules need to state something like a minimum of 25ish posts over a 3 month period. I'm sorry, but i think the people that posted in the Eloy thread saying "yeah, i'll do the record thing" as their only post shouldn't count. They are not an active dzcom member if they don't participate in the forums. Doesn't matter how long they've been registered.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

so someone that registers, makes two posts two years ago is 'more of a member' than someone who might lurk weekly?

sorry...i know lots of poeple who read the forums and laugh at some of the silliness that goes on but have no desire to play in it... that doesnt mean they are not members of the website.

if they took the time to register they are members of the site imo.

now if you want to have a 'Forum' record, that is something else entirely... but DZ.com is more than the forums...

But he hasn't even lurked, never logged on.

That doesn't mean that he has never "lurked" or read the forums without logging on. You'd be SHOCKED at who actually lurks and reads the forums regularly. :ph34r:

exactly... anyone on a public computer might not want to log in... doesnt mean they are not reading.....

And this thread gets moved to SC in 3...2....;)

Not directed to anyone in particular, but I'm glad I'm not on either attempt. Yes, I'd love to be in the air with people I consider friends and have FUN jumping with them. But with the attitude that's surrounded this "challenge," people are getting way to serious and competitive about it.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but I'm glad I'm not on either attempt. Yes, I'd love to be in the air with people I consider friends and have FUN jumping with them. But with the attitude that's surrounded this "challenge," people are getting way to serious and competitive about it.

Agreed!! I remember a few years ago when me & Kris pulled off the dzcom record attempt after a few jumps. We got tired of all the crap. :)

But he hasn't even lurked, never logged on.

That doesn't mean that he has never "lurked" or read the forums without logging on. You'd be SHOCKED at who actually lurks and reads the forums regularly. :ph34r:

exactly... anyone on a public computer might not want to log in... doesnt mean they are not reading.....

Yes, and I also agree with Zenister that it's up to HH to decide whether or not Craig is a DZ.commer!

Edited: You make a great point, Cora! Good for you! :)
Btw, just to clarify, I am not a part of either side's attempts for the DZ.com record. I just think that it's cheesy that instead of congratulating the people in Eloy (Yes, I truly believe that Craig has considered himself a member for a year now, and nobody "planted" him.), that there are people trying to find fault with their successful skydive. :|

What attitude? Seriously I think it is just giving people some grief, what else to do. You know, all bark and no bite sort of thing.

I had not thought about the fact that you can of course visit the website without loging on.

edit: we need a ruling! :)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

edit: we need a ruling!

Even with a ruling the damage is done. Respect for some people involved is gone. Certain rules were agreed upon, some people chose to ignore them for the sake of "winning." I can't respect those kinds of people and i'm sure a lot of other people agree. No matter what HH decides, people will be upset. There still hasn't been a list of particpants provided, but just because craig is an airspeed member shouldn't mean jackshit as far as the agreed upon rules go.

honestly i think the people who are taking it to seriously are the ones who insist they be able to 'recognize a screen name' for anyone to participate as a 'DZ.com member'.

This website has become an amazing source of information for skydivers world wide. Not everyone of them feels the need to publicly participate in the forums, but have still read, learned from, laughed at, or otherwise used the resources (articles, email, pms, classifieds, galleries etc...which btw includes the forums) to become better, safer skydivers.

They found it useful enough to take the time to create an account (and if you surf the net actively, how many websites do you really bother to create accounts on??) and register their presence. I have met, chatted with (online and off) bought equipment from, and given rides to many members who have no posts in the forums, that means to me they are not forum members, they are still DZ.com members.

If you wanted to have a RW forum record, CRW forum record, or an Instructor forum record etc, I clearly wouldnt qualify as i've never posted there but have still read a good bit of each. but i think that point of having a 'DZ.com record' should be bigger than just the forums... to me that means registered member. btw I'm not on an attempt either as i'm not current enough in skydiving or bellyflying atm really, but isnt the point of big way dives like this to be inclusion not exclusion?

..but i'm not HH, so i guess really, as always its his house.

Agreed!! I remember a few years ago when me & Kris pulled off the dzcom record attempt after a few jumps. We got tired of all the crap. :)

BULLSHIT! your the biggest complainer here about it. Everyone else is cool with it in a jovial manner. Your last post says it all. Again, leave the drama at home and bring your ass on the next record attempt. You have to walk the walk before you can talk the talk;) and be able to fly your slot...on your belly.

BTW: on the rules, one only has to be registered on DZ.com. No # ofposts are required
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

edit: we need a ruling!

Even with a ruling the damage is done. Respect for some people involved is gone. Certain rules were agreed upon, some people chose to ignore them for the sake of "winning."

Did anyone actually READ the posts in that thread link that Cora provided. What about THIS? The DZ.commers in Eloy WERE respecting the rules.

*** Certain rules were agreed upon.

no they were not, they were questioned several times in the initial thread, I made the same argument there that a member is someone who has registered before the record. Posts shouldnt matter at all....