Fab

packing is such a joy

especially when you're packing a brand new zp main for the very first time >:(

Only took me two tries and 1.5 hours...Pretty fast if I say so myself :P...but i do think it is my worst packjob ever but there is no way in hell I can pack it smaller then this...I wonder how or if it will open B|..otherwise I'll have a good excuse to try out my new reserve too..

Just my two cents..
The Icon i5 can't properly hold a pilot 168 and a smart 175...get a smart 160 instead if you're planning to buy an aerodyne i5 system...
If anybody from europe wants a smart 175 reserve for a good price...msg me..

Fabian! Do I need to come over there for a packing lesson!?!?

I'm looking for an excuse here. Help me out.

Seriously. After about 50 jumps that slime tends to wear off a bit. Those first 50 jumps will build charactor. Suck it up! Or hire a packer. :)

And don't worry. That thing is dying to get out of the bag. It will open! (Don't quote me.)

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

my Comp Cobalt has been a dream to pack (no special "methods needed..B.S./hype)
ever since I got it. The ZP is different than most materials(S.African Like AERODYNe)= not so slippery:)

I was gonna respond with how much I enjoy packing. You know, I haven't paid for a pak-job ever. It is a way to unwind. I really enjoy it.

But... Then I remembered my first ZP pack attempt...AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

I tried top beat it into submission.

I got the pkg in the mail and just had to pack it up. Dry, cold evening. Lots of static.
F*CK Me!

We all know the feeling. It'll pass. Maybe you need to pack away from the crowd for awhile so's they don't hear the cussing...

jon

hehehe ;).

I could always use some good pointers as I still strugle from time to time getting the damn thing in the bag but I'm getting the hang of it though...two tries for putting a brand new main into the bag (and it looks good) is pretty impressive for a first time (lets just forget it took 1.5 hours ok? :P).

Any help is always appreciated....any chance you would like to be my personal packer? That would be awesome :)..

Anyway...my motto:..You jump...you pack (yourself).

Just received my goggles...they are very nice...didn't expect them so soon....Thanks ;)..am going to try them (and my rig) out tomorrow in France...wheeeeee :)

Heh, I know what you're saying. Got a brand new Safire 2 119 and am trying to fit it into container built for something slightly smaller.

It's a matter of technique - took me an hour the first time, but I'm down to 15 minutes now. Still more than with the old canopy, but good enough.

You'll get there. Mine looks like sh|t while I'm bagging it but once it's in, it looks alright and so far has opened good.

They use to call this the Psycho Pack, but I don't see that name on the site anywhere. Maybe the Psycho Anti-Defamation League intervened.

Easier to control and easier to get into the bag, but some people say you are more prone to off heading openings. Some swear by it.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Like trying to get a jelly into a condom.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do we have to remind you that this forum is for "General Skydiving Discussions?"

That was a detail of your private sex life that we do not need to know!
Too much information!
ROFLMAO!

Try using a spoon

I tried that, but it was hard to hold the spoon and the pull up strap at the same time.:P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Hey, you just gotta remember that you're the canopy's bitch, not the other way around. It saves your life not the other way around and it knows this B|.

Soothing words and lots of compliments seem to get the canopy in the riight mood but every now and then it just wants to show you who's the boss, heh.

Well...I'm impressed with my own packing skills I must say. It opened soft and and on heading..

Today..at 13000ft....-30 degrees Celsius (that's -22 Fahrenheit).....:o..after one jump I had enough and went looking for heater :)

I psycho pack, and it is much easier for me than Pro pack. A psycho pack is very similar to a pro pack. I can't tell you if the openings are off heading as I have yet to jump it. The packer that taught me swears by psycho pack and he says his are always on heading.

My main is a Sabre 170 that only has a few jumps on it. You're right about that ZP shit. It took me an hour to get the damn thing packed yesterday. I was so pissed off after making a mess trying to get the bastard in the bag I punched a wall. It hurts. I can't move most of my right hand from the swelling. But it is cheaper than taking a pair of scissors to the canopy in frustration.:S

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda