Maggotry

Who's cooler looking - the freeflier or the formation skydiver?

My question was basically the same as: 'you think a ball gown is better looking than a pair of tight jeans', but it's drifted towards 'trying to be cool will kill ya' which I in no way disagree with.

Nope, I understood exactly what you meant, you've misunderstood me.

I'm honestly saying it doesn't matter how "cool" something looks. Whats cool to me is the skill for each thing done. I don't care if you look like a cool FFer or a cool RWer with all matching gear and the latest gadget. If you fly like shit, you fly like shit and its very uncool. Even if you're safe, fine your safe but you still fly like shit.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Cool to me is the person on the DZ who doesn't give a shit what type of flying you are into OR how you look. I've been to DZs that look down upon people just because they don't look cool, and that just plain sucks big giant donkey balls.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Nope, I understood exactly what you meant, you've misunderstood me.

Alright fair enough

I'm honestly saying it doesn't matter how "cool" something looks. Whats cool to me is the skill for each thing done. I don't care if you look like a cool FFer or a cool RWer with all matching gear and the latest gadget. If you fly like shit, you fly like shit and its very uncool. Even if you're safe, fine your safe but you still fly like shit.

That's my opinion too. However it's a tangent to what I inquired about. Maybe my question was badly formed and stupid - I do that all the time.

I ain't arguing with you here. I'm in complete agreement with what's been said in this thread and you've articulated my own opinion pretty well.

I'm also aware I'm seriously backtracking in an attempt to clear up some conceptions people could get from interpreting the question in a way it was not intended but I got myself to blame for that one.

It was a light hearted question of visual prefence wrt clothing, nothing else. You understand what I mean I'm sure. I didn't intend to imply a shitload of things.

Heh, now I'm on the defensive for putting up a rather silly badly worded poll about style which is pretty ironic considering I have none B|.

Who's cooler is a matter of individual opinion. Personally, all skydivers are cool to me: from freeflier, formation skydivers, students, instructors, etc........why...b/c we all share the same passion...be it speed, adrenaline or whatever rings your bell (in this case looking cool:|).

It really doesn't matter what we do in the air......when we land safely on the ground.....WE'RE all SKYDIVERS....!;)
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

And anyone who thinks a Birdman suit is cool looking on the ground?

I don't look cool?

Only if I saw you walking into the Perris tunnel wearing your BM suit.:D

I'd pay money to see that video. >:(
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

[rant]Wow, ok wish I had caught this thread at the beginning. This is ridiculous. Looking cool does not get you killed! The question was "what is more visually appealing" and you guys turned it into a big safety thread as usual. Get the fuck over yourselves seriously. Just because you guys have tons of jumps doesn't mean you need to jump in every single thread and whine about safety. Point out one time when a nice jumpsuit caused someone to get hurt, please.[/rant]

Greenie in training.

Point out one time when a nice jumpsuit caused someone to get hurt, please.[/rant]

I've been both blinded by suits and have had the dry heaves from looking at some really ugly ones.

I'd like to have copies of each. They were cool.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:D

That is SO wrong on sooo many levels.
That woman needs to be slapped

Poodle owners do as a general guideline.

The lady next door to my dad bought one. She was trying to pick a name. I told her she needed one with dignity... like Figaro.

She stands out there and calls him in, "Figaro...Figaro"
:D

My fav practical jokes are the ones that people do to themselves. :D This one is like the gift that keeps on giving.